Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > The Fish Breeding Forum
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/17/2018, 04:39 PM   #1
Marco333
Registered Member

Ocellaris Clownfish Breeding Age

Does anyone know approximately how old ocellaris clowns must be to breed? I purchased two clowns last March that were about one inch each. I’m assuming they were 6-9 months old when I purchased them. Since then one has grown much larger and seems to be the female. The male is probably 1.5 inches and the female is 2-2.5 inches.

Marco333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/17/2018, 05:28 PM   #2
elegance coral
They call me EC

Realistically, about two years old.
When purchasing juvenile captive bred clowns, you'll typically have somewhere around a year and a half before spawning. Lots of factors can play into this though. Diet, temperature, stress.............
If you want them to spawn load them with good food multiple times a day, keep their tank clean, and keep them stress free.

Current Tank Info: I'm trying to see how many tanks will fit in my house before the wife loses it.
elegance coral is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/17/2018, 07:30 PM   #3
Marco333
Registered Member

Ocellaris Clownfish Breeding Age

Thank you for the reply!

Marco333 is offline   Reply With Quote