Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/27/2017, 01:32 PM   #3651
schprock
Premium Member

Does ATI plan to address the issue with loud fans? Either retrofit the older models or quieter fans for newer models.

schprock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/29/2017, 08:50 AM   #3652
Nam Nguyen
Registered Member

Hello everyone one . I got my power cut off yesterday and come back after 4h . The controller of my t5 doesn't save the time so it's didn't not turn back on . So I have to set the time in order to get back on. My is hybrid 48" x 8 bulb . My questions is do they suppose to save up the time in the controller like all the other light ? Any advice really appreciate. I hope I didn't get the lemond fixtures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nam Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/30/2017, 07:51 AM   #3653
CindyK
Registered Member

Good morning,

I arranged purchase of a 36" 4x39W bulb ATI Powermodule yesterday. I'm currently lighting my 75 gal, 4 ft mixed reef with a 36" 6 bulb non-dimmable T5 fixture. My "blues" (2 ATI Blue Plus) come on at 10 am and run until 9 pm. My "whites" (2 Coral Plus, an actinic, and a Blue Plus) run from noon - 7pm. Corals are doing well and no algae problems.

What's the best way to transition to my new setup?

TIA,

Cindy

Current Tank Info: 75 gal mixed reef under construction, 32 gal Biocube softies
CindyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/31/2017, 05:21 PM   #3654
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nam Nguyen View Post
Hello everyone one . I got my power cut off yesterday and come back after 4h . The controller of my t5 doesn't save the time so it's didn't not turn back on . So I have to set the time in order to get back on. My is hybrid 48" x 8 bulb . My questions is do they suppose to save up the time in the controller like all the other light ? Any advice really appreciate. I hope I didn't get the lemond fixtures

Nam as discussed in your support ticket I would need to know some details of you fixture to determine what the issue maybe. More than likely you just need a firmware update.

Current Tank Info: 175g mixed powered by an ATI LED Powermodule
Keith@ ATI NA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/31/2017, 05:25 PM   #3655
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyK View Post
Good morning,

I arranged purchase of a 36" 4x39W bulb ATI Powermodule yesterday. I'm currently lighting my 75 gal, 4 ft mixed reef with a 36" 6 bulb non-dimmable T5 fixture. My "blues" (2 ATI Blue Plus) come on at 10 am and run until 9 pm. My "whites" (2 Coral Plus, an actinic, and a Blue Plus) run from noon - 7pm. Corals are doing well and no algae problems.

What's the best way to transition to my new setup?

TIA,

Cindy
Cindy I wouldn't stress about this too much. Start off with your LEDs at fairly low intensity, like 30-50% and it should be no problem since it will be very similar to your existing setup. I would use your old bulbs first until things settle, then switch to the new bulbs in a few weeks once things acclimate.

Unread 07/31/2017, 05:28 PM   #3656
Nam Nguyen
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith@ ATI NA View Post
Nam as discussed in your support ticket I would need to know some details of you fixture to determine what the issue maybe. More than likely you just need a firmware update.

Hey bro just email you information
Thanks a lot

Nam Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/31/2017, 05:34 PM   #3657
CindyK
Registered Member

Quote:
Cindy I wouldn't stress about this too much. Start off with your LEDs at fairly low intensity, like 30-50% and it should be no problem since it will be very similar to your existing setup. I would use your old bulbs first until things settle, then switch to the new bulbs in a few weeks once things acclimate.
Hi Keith thanks for the reply! Do you suggest running the T5s in the powermodule during the same hours as I ran the 6 bulbs in my old setup, while slowly incorporating the LEDs?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Unread 07/31/2017, 05:46 PM   #3658
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Hi Keith thanks for the reply! Do you suggest running the T5s in the powermodule during the same hours as I ran the 6 bulbs in my old setup, while slowly incorporating the LEDs?

I would start out with the same hours, same bulbs, same height and just run the LEDs at 30-50% to make up for the loss of the 2 T5's and start adjusting the corals to the LEDs. It should be pretty painless since so much of it is the same.

Unread 07/31/2017, 05:48 PM   #3659
CindyK
Registered Member

Quote:
I would start out with the same hours, same bulbs, same height and just run the LEDs at 30-50% to make up for the loss of the 2 T5's and start adjusting the corals to the LEDs. It should be pretty painless since so much of it is the same.
Sounds great, thanks so much. Feeling much less worried now. Can't wait for this weekend!

Unread 08/01/2017, 01:02 AM   #3660
mike810
Registered Member

Quote:
Hey Keith,

I two 48" PM Hybrid which I bought in 2013-2014. My controller doesn't keep the time after a power outage either. Is there a firmware update for this and if so, could you point me to it? I wasn't aware there was a fix for the lost of time after a power outage.

mike810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/01/2017, 11:48 AM   #3661
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike810 View Post
Hey Keith,

I two 48" PM Hybrid which I bought in 2013-2014. My controller doesn't keep the time after a power outage either. Is there a firmware update for this and if so, could you point me to it? I wasn't aware there was a fix for the lost of time after a power outage.
Hey Mike,
This could possibly be fixed with a firmware update. If you could email us 2 things we can determine if there is a firmware update available for your light.
Send us:
A photo of the sticker on the inside of the leg of your power supply controller. This likely says "SST" something.
Your firmware version. This can be found in the menu, it will say HW X.XX and FW X.XX we need the FW (firmware) number.

Email this to us at customercare@ our domain name (trying not to get spammed). Be sure its the North America website.

Unread 08/02/2017, 04:05 AM   #3662
adtravels
you cant buy blue fingers

Will the 4x39 t5 and 2xled module hybrid be enough for my 36x24x24. It does have braces around the edge so the open selection is 32x20x20.
Thanks

False facts are highly injurious to the progress of science, for they often endure long; but false views supported by some evidence, do little harm, for every one takes a salutary pleasure in proving their falseness.

Current Tank Info: 90 gallon 36x24x24 reef
adtravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/04/2017, 02:29 AM   #3663
mike810
Registered Member

Quote:
Hey Mike,
This could possibly be fixed with a firmware update. If you could email us 2 things we can determine if there is a firmware update available for your light.
Send us:
A photo of the sticker on the inside of the leg of your power supply controller. This likely says "SST" something.
Your firmware version. This can be found in the menu, it will say HW X.XX and FW X.XX we need the FW (firmware) number.

Email this to us at customercare@ our domain name (trying not to get spammed). Be sure its the North America website.
I'll have to remove the controller to get that to you. It's mounted to the wall now and somewhat difficult to get to.

Side note, I know you run your T5s 100% and leds 100%. Did you do a custom setting for your leds or did you choose one of the presets for your leds? When you adding corals, what is your procedure for acclimating the corals to the intense lighting?

I'm running my leds and T5s at 100% also and gotta say, I love the shimmer. I'm running the ABS & B+ settings for the LEDS.

Unread 08/04/2017, 10:07 AM   #3664
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
I'll have to remove the controller to get that to you. It's mounted to the wall now and somewhat difficult to get to.

Side note, I know you run your T5s 100% and leds 100%. Did you do a custom setting for your leds or did you choose one of the presets for your leds? When you adding corals, what is your procedure for acclimating the corals to the intense lighting?

I'm running my leds and T5s at 100% also and gotta say, I love the shimmer. I'm running the ABS & B+ settings for the LEDS.
Hey Mike,
I do run the LEDs at full Blue Plus at 11am, then Blue + AquaB at 4pm, then back to Blue Plus at 7pm. Running them on these colors isn't really 100%, since some LEDs are lower to achieve the color. Hopefully this makes sense?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (74.5 KB, 64 views)

Unread 08/04/2017, 07:03 PM   #3665
mike810
Registered Member

Quote:
Hey Mike,
I do run the LEDs at full Blue Plus at 11am, then Blue + AquaB at 4pm, then back to Blue Plus at 7pm. Running them on these colors isn't really 100%, since some LEDs are lower to achieve the color. Hopefully this makes sense?
Yes I got ya, how do you acclimate corals when introducing them to the tank which such par levels?

Unread 08/05/2017, 06:09 PM   #3666
CindyK
Registered Member

Got my Powermodule today and I am so excited. For now I've got the T5s at 100% and the LEDs only at 20% to hopefully acclimate slowly. I know Keith said 30-50% but without a PAR meter it looked so much brighter than my old lights it made me nervous - probably because my old T5 setup was a budget setup with less effective reflectors, etc. I played with it a little though of course - what beautiful results when the LEDs and T5s are combined more equally. It will be hard to go slowly.

My question - what settings are y'all using for moonlight?

Tx,

Cindy

Unread 08/07/2017, 09:52 AM   #3667
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Yes I got ya, how do you acclimate corals when introducing them to the tank which such par levels?
Mike I honestly usually don't worry about it much, but if I do have concerns I just start them lower, or slightly in a shadow if needed and move them up. Often times I just stick them in the sand bed for a couple of days until I have an opportunity to glue them up. I sometimes use a Thrive (now defunked) 360 frag rack that allows me to put it nearly anywhere.

Quote:
Got my Powermodule today and I am so excited. For now I've got the T5s at 100% and the LEDs only at 20% to hopefully acclimate slowly. I know Keith said 30-50% but without a PAR meter it looked so much brighter than my old lights it made me nervous - probably because my old T5 setup was a budget setup with less effective reflectors, etc. I played with it a little though of course - what beautiful results when the LEDs and T5s are combined more equally. It will be hard to go slowly.

My question - what settings are y'all using for moonlight?

Tx,

Cindy
Cindy it is good you are running your T5's at 100%, you need to season the bulbs for 50 hours at 100% prior to dimming them. Be sure you don't have a ramp period up and down and they just turn on straight to 100% during this period.

For moonlights I have a 48" fixture (3 LED Clusters). I have just the middle cluster with 1% royal blue for moonlights. I found 1% on all 3 clusters to be overpowering.

Unread 08/07/2017, 10:39 AM   #3668
CindyK
Registered Member

Quote:
Mike I honestly usually don't worry about it much, but if I do have concerns I just start them lower, or slightly in a shadow if needed and move them up. Often times I just stick them in the sand bed for a couple of days until I have an opportunity to glue them up. I sometimes use a Thrive (now defunked) 360 frag rack that allows me to put it nearly anywhere.

Cindy it is good you are running your T5's at 100%, you need to season the bulbs for 50 hours at 100% prior to dimming them. Be sure you don't have a ramp period up and down and they just turn on straight to 100% during this period.

For moonlights I have a 48" fixture (3 LED Clusters). I have just the middle cluster with 1% royal blue for moonlights. I found 1% on all 3 clusters to be overpowering.

Unread 09/08/2017, 05:59 AM   #3669
jonray
Registered Member

Apologies if this has been mentioned before on this huge thread. I had a 24 inch hybrid and the amount of light overspill was huge on my 24 inch tank. I am upgrading to a 60 inch tank. Will a 36 inch new generation hybrid provide enough light for the tank with SPS in the centre and LPS at the edges, or would I have to get the 48 inch version. The tank depth is 24 inch. Thanks in advance.

jonray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/08/2017, 09:29 AM   #3670
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonray View Post
Apologies if this has been mentioned before on this huge thread. I had a 24 inch hybrid and the amount of light overspill was huge on my 24 inch tank. I am upgrading to a 60 inch tank. Will a 36 inch new generation hybrid provide enough light for the tank with SPS in the centre and LPS at the edges, or would I have to get the 48 inch version. The tank depth is 24 inch. Thanks in advance.
I would highly discourage you from putting a 36" fixture on a 60" tank. I would go no more than 12" longer aquarium vs fixture. IE a 48" fixtures on a 60" tank. I would recommend however buying the same size fixture as aquarium, in your case a 60 fixtures for a 60" aquarium when possible.

Your light spillage was likely more front to back vs side to side depending on the depth of the tank and height of the fixture off the water.

Unread 09/09/2017, 01:58 AM   #3671
adtravels
you cant buy blue fingers

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=ati%20aquaristik
Greattwo weeks after I buy the old one from Germany!!!

False facts are highly injurious to the progress of science, for they often endure long; but false views supported by some evidence, do little harm, for every one takes a salutary pleasure in proving their falseness.

Current Tank Info: 90 gallon 36x24x24 reef
adtravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/09/2017, 04:09 AM   #3672
jonray
Registered Member

Quote:
I would highly discourage you from putting a 36" fixture on a 60" tank. I would go no more than 12" longer aquarium vs fixture. IE a 48" fixtures on a 60" tank. I would recommend however buying the same size fixture as aquarium, in your case a 60 fixtures for a 60" aquarium when possible.

Your light spillage was likely more front to back vs side to side depending on the depth of the tank and height of the fixture off the water.
Thank you Keith

jonray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/09/2017, 06:38 AM   #3673
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

I've got a 48" 8 bulb one of these for sale if anyone is wanting to get in the club. PM me for details

Unread 09/13/2017, 02:47 AM   #3674
sahin
Ultimate Reefer

I sold my 4 year old 8x24w unit a few months ago as I upgraded tanks and will be placing an order for the new Wifi version.

I know some of you already have the new LED cluster which has UV/Purple/Cyan colours etc. Does the new clusters pop the colours better a lot better?

Also, has anyone ordered and been given a delivery date yet? ATI's FB page says its available to order now, but no news about shipping dates or if retailers have these in stock.

I've been using a cheap 8x54watt Hydroponics fixture since my upgrade (it was all I could afford at the time...)...but that thing is sooo industrial looking its not funny lol.

sahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/15/2017, 10:05 PM   #3675
Zacharoo
Registered Member

Has anyone experienced their lamp not loading? I have the 60" 4 led clusters. When I go to light studio to change setting the USB is connected but won't connect to lamp. I get an error message saying "error while reading from device". I've had this light for years with no problems until now. Today I downloaded the newer version of light studio hoping it would help but it didn't. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Zacharoo is offline   Reply With Quote