Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Tampa Bay Reef Club
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/15/2018, 05:37 PM   #1
MJNTWise
7 Year Newbie

Calcium Reactor for the WIN!

So I have been running a calcium reactor for the past 3 years on my tank. 2 years ago was my last water change. I run a refugium with rock and matix pond size media with cheato. I did dose Vodka and Vinegar but stop. I have a overkill skimmer. I have a mix reef tank. SO I decided to send in my water to be tested by triton. Was very pleased with the results. The only thing is my salinity was low so I raised it up. Here is the link to my test.
https://www.triton-lab.de/en/showroo...icp-oes/54556/

Thanks
Matt

Current Tank Info: 180 gal. 40B gal. sump. 100 lbs live rock, Duel Cor 20 return pump,30"lifereef skimmer,4 MP 40, 4 XR15w Pro 4 with 2 50/50 reefbrites, Apex Control
MJNTWise is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/15/2018, 05:47 PM   #2
bhuddafunk
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJNTWise View Post
So I have been running a calcium reactor for the past 3 years on my tank. 2 years ago was my last water change. I run a refugium with rock and matix pond size media with cheato. I did dose Vodka and Vinegar but stop. I have a overkill skimmer. I have a mix reef tank. SO I decided to send in my water to be tested by triton. Was very pleased with the results. The only thing is my salinity was low so I raised it up. Here is the link to my test.
https://www.triton-lab.de/en/showroo...icp-oes/54556/

Thanks
Matt
Thumbs up on the alkalinity reactor.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: 110G Mixed Reef
bhuddafunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/15/2018, 07:38 PM   #3
sirrealism
Registered Member

Congrats Matt. Are you dosing any trace elements with your reactor? You are doing exactly what I am working at. How big is your fug? I notice your low on a few things like Iron. Nothing bad but are you planning on dosing some. I am using the Red sea elements and with a big fug I am dosing a lot of iron which is because the cheato uses it.
Are you doing anything to keep with PH?

Current Tank Info: 150g mixed. 93g cube nem. 90g mixed. 40b softy
sirrealism is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/15/2018, 08:46 PM   #4
MJNTWise
7 Year Newbie

Yes I am going to dose the few That needs to come up. I am going to start dosing iodine....
Nothing for PH...Thinking about running a 1/2 inch line outside and connect it to my skimmer...My fug is 75% of a 40 breeder....I have 2 40s....one for skimmer and other for refuge....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirrealism View Post
Congrats Matt. Are you dosing any trace elements with your reactor? You are doing exactly what I am working at. How big is your fug? I notice your low on a few things like Iron. Nothing bad but are you planning on dosing some. I am using the Red sea elements and with a big fug I am dosing a lot of iron which is because the cheato uses it.
Are you doing anything to keep with PH?

Current Tank Info: 180 gal. 40B gal. sump. 100 lbs live rock, Duel Cor 20 return pump,30"lifereef skimmer,4 MP 40, 4 XR15w Pro 4 with 2 50/50 reefbrites, Apex Control
MJNTWise is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/15/2018, 11:36 PM   #5
nitrodude
Registered Member

Looks good. Have any full tank photos?

nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/16/2018, 07:19 AM   #6
sirrealism
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJNTWise View Post
Yes I am going to dose the few That needs to come up. I am going to start dosing iodine....
Nothing for PH...Thinking about running a 1/2 inch line outside and connect it to my skimmer...My fug is 75% of a 40 breeder....I have 2 40s....one for skimmer and other for refuge....
thanks for the info. A pic would be cool

Current Tank Info: 150g mixed. 93g cube nem. 90g mixed. 40b softy
sirrealism is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/18/2018, 05:11 AM   #7
deftonead
Registered Member

I really wish they would test nitrates too... I hate those titration kits. Half the time I feel like I'm color blind. The difference between colors on the cards is so slight that I can't tell the difference most times.

deftonead is offline   Reply With Quote