Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/18/2018, 08:23 AM   #1
FabianBigge
Registered Member

Suggestions for lighting

I have an 18" long x 18" wide x 19" tall tank. I have an led on the tank currently. It does a pretty good job at keeping the coral but I was wondering if anyone has any ideas where to find 18 inch or less t5 actinic bulbs and fixtures for this tank. I cannot seen to find then anywhere. I know it is an oddly sized tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

FabianBigge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/18/2018, 12:56 PM   #2
jayball
Registered Member

If you want to go under 24 inches I believe you have to go with compact fluorescent. a 24W fluorescent is ~12 in long. I am not recommending this, just providing the option.

jayball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/18/2018, 08:45 PM   #3
DesertReefT4r
Registered Member

Radion...mic drop. But seriouly, what lighting do you currently have? What kind of corals are you keeping? What is the issue you are have with your current led setup? A XR30 would rock a 18x18 tank and have very little shading. 2 XR15s would be even better since you could spread with out a bit more and have no shading and very even coverage. There are no options for T5 in 18" and PC is just not reaaly worth it imo plus its hard to find and PC stuff these days. T5 kind of took over the florescent light scene.

Tank history 29g tropical ,55g cichlid tank, 20H softy reef, 29g mixed reef, 20H brackish goby & puffer tank, 55g mixed reef, 6g Nanocube softy lps reef, 40B sps reef, 75g sps reef, 75g sps reef in bu

Current Tank Info: 75g sps reef build in the works.

Last edited by DesertReefT4r; 01/18/2018 at 08:52 PM.
DesertReefT4r is offline   Reply With Quote