Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Upstate Reef Society
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/03/2017, 08:21 AM   #26
Capt_Cully
Registered Member

Get a slipcover for me

Current Tank Info: 120, Radion Gen 2 Pro x 2
Capt_Cully is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/03/2017, 02:49 PM   #27
Gary Majchrzak
Team RC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Cully View Post
Get a slipcover for me
I forgot where I stored it

Current Tank Info: 84x24x30 265g reef past TOTM honors
Gary Majchrzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/03/2017, 04:01 PM   #28
cardiffgiant
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Majchrzak View Post
true... unless you know the credibility of a person you should be skeptical.
But that goes for anyone anywhere.
Agreed, but on RC I can tell how long people have been posting, how much they post, and I can quickly pull up some past info to see if they've been accurate (or if they've been good sellers/buyers) in the past. Those aspects aren't as easy to determine on FB.

cardiffgiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/03/2017, 04:27 PM   #29
DiscusHeckel
Acropora Gardener

Quote:
I can't for the life of me figure out how to get a pic from Imgur to appear as a photo in an online forum.
I can help you. First create a set of photos by uploading them to Imgur from your computer, e.g.

Then, just click on the image (or double click) you want to embed in your thread. A new screen will open up similar to the one below:

You need to copy the bits (in green in my example) in BB Code and simply paste it on RC without selecting the image icon.

Quote:
Photobucket really napalmed online forum threads. Can't go back and look at my old systems, builds. Major hose job.
Yes, you can. What you do is that first you go to your thread, select the page in which you want to reclaim your image. Then either select edit or quote to get the tags. Next, find the code between [IMG] ...../ [/IMG] in between these two tags, you will see your picture's file name, e.g. P100299.jpg. You then go to Photobucket and search this file in there. It is a very time consuming job, but when there is a will there is a way. You need to decide if it is worth it.

65G SPS Reef- ATI 8 X 39W PM; TM [Bacto-Balance A-; Reef Actif; Nitribiotic; Iodine]
DiscusHeckel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/04/2017, 08:02 PM   #30
Gary Majchrzak
Team RC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiffgiant View Post
Agreed, but on RC I can tell how long people have been posting, how much they post, and I can quickly pull up some past info to see if they've been accurate (or if they've been good sellers/buyers) in the past. Those aspects aren't as easy to determine on FB.
At first I was going to agree with this.... but after thinking about it, if I don't know a person (on fb or RC) I'm going to look for your creds (if I'm looking for a credible answer).

RC goes by usernames. Yeah... I know some of these people and their credibility. fb is a little different for me- I don't friend complete strangers. Before I accept or send a friend request I gotta know something about you.
On a public forum, ANYBODY can reply.
On my fb feed my stuff is only shared with my friends... and THAT deck is STACKED.

Unread 08/04/2017, 08:04 PM   #31
Gary Majchrzak
Team RC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscusHeckel View Post
I can help you. First create a set of photos by uploading them to Imgur from your computer, e.g.

Then, just click on the image (or double click) you want to embed in your thread. A new screen will open up similar to the one below:

You need to copy the bits (in green in my example) in BB Code and simply paste it on RC without selecting the image icon.

Yes, you can. What you do is that first you go to your thread, select the page in which you want to reclaim your image. Then either select edit or quote to get the tags. Next, find the code between [IMG] ...../ [/IMG] in between these two tags, you will see your picture's file name, e.g. P100299.jpg. You then go to Photobucket and search this file in there. It is a very time consuming job, but when there is a will there is a way. You need to decide if it is worth it.
thanks for this info!

Unread 11/08/2017, 12:40 PM   #32
DiscusHeckel
Acropora Gardener

I am a member of a UK forum. The forum has recently migrated to Xenforo from VBulletin.

The good news is that the mods have used a software that allowed them to scan people's threads and converted any reference to Photobucket to picture attachment automatically. I have just checked my thread, which dates back to 2008, there is no more any Photobucket reference left.

I wonder if Reef Central can consider making a similar move. Xenforo is a much better platform. Just suggesting.

65G SPS Reef- ATI 8 X 39W PM; TM [Bacto-Balance A-; Reef Actif; Nitribiotic; Iodine]
DiscusHeckel is offline   Reply With Quote