Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/11/2006, 01:06 PM   #1
Brandon M
Premium Member

Coral Beauty and Flame Angel...my experience

I just wanted to let everyone know I decided to take my chances by adding a Flame Angel and a Coral Beauty at the same time in my 72g and they are doing great! There has been no fighting whatsoever and they seem to be best buddies!

Current Tank Info: 315g 84"x24"x36" FOWLR
Brandon M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/11/2006, 01:43 PM   #2
fish_is_my_name
Moved On

same with me. I had them two in my tank for about 6 months now and no fighting. They seemed to ignore each other.

fish_is_my_name is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/11/2006, 01:58 PM   #3
Billybeau1
Registered Member

I had a Coral beauty, flame and a bi-color all at the same time. No problems. I think even though they have similar shaped bodies, the differances in color keep them from getting aggressive towards each other. At least that is what I've noticed. Good luck with them.

Billybeau1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/11/2006, 06:16 PM   #4
JENnKerry
Premium Member

I've had a coral beauty and bi-color in my 55 for the last six months with no problems

Current Tank Info: 125 Gallon Reef
JENnKerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/11/2006, 06:18 PM   #5
jerehmy
Registered Member

I had two flame angels in a 40g and they were cool. IO even added them at seperate tmes and they were great. One thing that might matter is that one was half the size of the other.

Current Tank Info: 55g, 40g, 29gx2, 60g, 10g African Cichlids (Breeders) 40g SW Reef with a 20g sump/refugium 75lbs prime LR Mag 9.5 SCWD and Remora skimmer, 2x96w PC's
jerehmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/11/2006, 06:46 PM   #6
snarkes
Registered Member

hmmm... i'd love to have a flame and a CB or maybe a flameback in my 55.

snarkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/11/2006, 08:56 PM   #7
Emmelemmo
Registered Member

My coral beauty and bicolor are getting along great in my 46 awaiting there soon upgrade to a 90.

Emmelemmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/11/2006, 09:27 PM   #8
brownsugar
Registered Member

Yeh ive had sucess with my coral beauty and flame angel in my 150 gallon

Initially added the coral beauty which was bigger in size then added the flame which was smaller 3 days after .

Found the coral beauty picked on it so i just colapsed the rocks which were all in one pile flattened it all out was plenty of hiding space .

Waited 2 days
Then after the agression wore off i built two towers of rock on opposing ends they dont even know each other are there and full get on well.

There still is the minor chase or two if the flame veers too close to the coral beauty but otherwise they are fine.

I do find the flame angel more in the rocks than the coral beauty but this is just their natural liking to feeding on polyps

But another sucess story its good to hear.

There are still issues with individual fish when i added mine there were stories of members who had worse experiences than me including fish losses.

brownsugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/11/2006, 09:39 PM   #9
ACBlinky
Premium Member

I've got three angels in my 65g ATM, a CB, a flame and a flagfin. The CB is the biggest, but the flagfin is definitely boss. There's occasional posturing, but no fighting; most of the time they ignore each other. I tried adding a cherub to the mix, but he's just a wee little guy (<1") and while he wasn't getting in fights he was getting outcompeted for food. He's doing better now in a quieter tank without a bunch of pigs for tankmates
Here are the piggies:

Current Tank Info: 150g mixed reef, 30g sump/refugium, LED lighting, 100lbs LR, coral beauty, flame angel, blue & yellow tangs, gobies, damsels, 6-line wrasse, lawnmower blenny, dottyback, clown pair, rabbitfish, shrimp, crabs, CUC.
ACBlinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/11/2006, 10:55 PM   #10
PVChick12
Registered Member

Location: rancho palos verdes, ca and la jolla, ca when I'm in school....
So call me crazy...in my 55 gallon I have:
2 coral beautys
2 flame angels
2 false lemon peels
a clarkii clown
and this other fish that I dont know what it is....lol

i just got the tank a week ago, but these fish have been living together for over a year and a half.... the tank was my friends, hes going to college, so i bought his tank, not my first though. I have had a nano for about 2 years so I am familiar with water chem ect. But I am new with fish getting along ect, I really havent had any problems so far, I even added coral and they havent been picking at it. . . knocks on wood. My friends btw had NO clue the fish were not supposed to be together, but thats my story anyways.... =o)

Current Tank Info: 60 gal w/ 30 gal sump. Coralife SS 65, 2 150w MH. 2 clarkii clowns, coral beauty, purple firesfish, sand sifting star, cleaner shrimp. mostly LPS and softies with a few SPS frags that im not all that interested with....
PVChick12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/11/2006, 11:17 PM   #11
otterpop510
Registered Member

wow.. need to rethink angels in my tanks, i really like them.. any problems for any of you regarding picking on corals or clams? what about any of the other fish in your tank?

Current Tank Info: home: 75 gal reef, 18 gal planted discus; class: 20 gal reef and some goldfish which won't die..
otterpop510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/11/2006, 11:24 PM   #12
PVChick12
Registered Member

Location: rancho palos verdes, ca and la jolla, ca when I'm in school....
i dont have any clams, so far on the corals its fine, i just added corals and 4 feather dusters a week ago..plus just because this works in my tank doesnt mean it will work in yours, i think its a pretty rare case, all the educated people i have talked to have been SHOCKED and just say make sure to feed them enough so they dont fight...they do chase eachother, always have though ( i observed these fish on many days/dif hours when i was at my friends) never anything serious though. if you are going to try it, feed A LOT not OVER FEED, but i feed 3 times a day. brine/mysis a breakfast and lunch and diner, w/ cylopeeze and that green liquid life stuff for the corals at dinner as well....

Current Tank Info: 60 gal w/ 30 gal sump. Coralife SS 65, 2 150w MH. 2 clarkii clowns, coral beauty, purple firesfish, sand sifting star, cleaner shrimp. mostly LPS and softies with a few SPS frags that im not all that interested with....
PVChick12 is offline   Reply With Quote