Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/09/2017, 12:30 PM   #1
Tomafguy
Registered Member

clownfish spawning behavior

Hello, was just wondering if this is "spawning behavior" or just silly clownfish acting silly. So i got two ocellaris clowns like, a year and a half ago. They were pretty small, but one has clearly become the larger of the two, presumably the female now. So they were always super chill when i had my hand in the tank for maintenance or whatever, and as of recently (seemed to start practically overnight) the larger one mostly, but both have attacked the crap out of me when my hand is in the tank. Surprising how hard theses little suckers can bite lol. Also they picked one spot on the rock they like to back up to and quickly do the whole tail fanning thing on like they are cleaning it. I have an empty 10 gallon tank i was thinking of putting them it, but i'm undecided on that. They arent showing any aggression to their tankmates though. Thanks!

Tomafguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/11/2017, 09:21 PM   #2
Steve Atkins
Registered Member

Sounds like it is.