Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > The Reef Chemistry Forum
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/24/2017, 02:54 PM   #926
Reefer-Dude1888
Registered Member

Ment to be cheato in last post not cheats lol

Reefer-Dude1888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/24/2017, 10:00 PM   #927
bertoni
RC Mod

I'd probably give the Chaetomorpha and the Siporax some time to get working before I'd dose hydrogen peroxide. Are the animals doing well enough?

Unread 11/25/2017, 03:52 AM   #928
Reefer-Dude1888
Registered Member

Dinos

Yes all is good with corals and fish my carpet anenomone shrunk but still ok ' I managed to source dino x from a uk supplier so I've ordered that I will run lights out with dino x and some water changes through filter socks and add the old water back . Rather than use the peroxide , as from reading about the dino x it is reef friendly .

Unread 11/25/2017, 11:07 AM   #929
bertoni
RC Mod

Dino X seems to be safe to run. I agree that giving it a shot is a good idea.

Unread 11/25/2017, 04:41 PM   #930
Reefer-Dude1888
Registered Member

Thanks for the info and input on the dino problem guys realy appreciate it thankyou.

Unread 11/25/2017, 09:59 PM   #931
bertoni
RC Mod

You're welcome. Good luck!

Unread 12/14/2017, 05:03 PM   #932
Reefer-Dude1888
Registered Member

Dinos update

Hi guys just a progress update

Removed siporax ,cheato ,miracle mud ,turning lights of for 6 days main tank and sump treating with Dino x every 2 days 21ml , 7th day 4 doses in dinos look gone light in mai tank back on blues only 3% to 50% back to 3% over 5hr period . Day 7 filtered 15 gallon through filter sock then returned same water back to main tank also put in spare skimmer I have as a back up to run alongside my deltec apf 600 skimmer. Day 8 filtered another 15 gallon through filter sock and returned water to main tank ,keeping light cycle the same for another 6 days.
Day 13 7doses in of Dino x introducing white light back into light cycle at 1% to 3% back to 1% same time frame as blues .
Day 14 filtered 10 gallon through filter sock and returned water to main tank, introduced 1ltr rowa carbon into reactor and turned it back on.

If all continues well I will add mm mud ,cheato and siporax back into sump filtration system.

Day 16 introduced mm mud and cheato back into sump but gave it a rinse with ro water before hand also added siporax back into sump and turned on rowaphos reactor to, sump light turned back on to.

Over the course of the treatment there were no adverse affects on the corals the fish or the inverts all are good the anenomone was the only thing that shrunk a little bit.

Fingers crossed everything is looking good time will tell last thing to do is ramp the lights up gradually .

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0850.jpg (69.3 KB, 38 views)
Unread 12/14/2017, 06:39 PM   #933
bertoni
RC Mod

Well, that sounds like progress. I hope that the tank does well. Please let us know how the mud and Chaetomorpha affect the system.

Unread 12/30/2017, 02:16 PM   #934
azsoccerpop
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefer-Dude1888 View Post
Hi guys just a progress update

Removed siporax ,cheato ,miracle mud ,turning lights of for 6 days main tank and sump treating with Dino x every 2 days 21ml , 7th day 4 doses in dinos look gone light in mai tank back on blues only 3% to 50% back to 3% over 5hr period . Day 7 filtered 15 gallon through filter sock then returned same water back to main tank also put in spare skimmer I have as a back up to run alongside my deltec apf 600 skimmer. Day 8 filtered another 15 gallon through filter sock and returned water to main tank ,keeping light cycle the same for another 6 days.
Day 13 7doses in of Dino x introducing white light back into light cycle at 1% to 3% back to 1% same time frame as blues .
Day 14 filtered 10 gallon through filter sock and returned water to main tank, introduced 1ltr rowa carbon into reactor and turned it back on.

If all continues well I will add mm mud ,cheato and siporax back into sump filtration system.

Day 16 introduced mm mud and cheato back into sump but gave it a rinse with ro water before hand also added siporax back into sump and turned on rowaphos reactor to, sump light turned back on to.

Over the course of the treatment there were no adverse affects on the corals the fish or the inverts all are good the anenomone was the only thing that shrunk a little bit.

Fingers crossed everything is looking good time will tell last thing to do is ramp the lights up gradually .

Did you ever identify the species of Dinos you had using a microscope?
What has happened since the last post?
Would you recommend DinoX based on your results?
I am a month in on this fight which I initially mistook for Cyano and then diatoms. I did a posted identification test pouring siphoned water through a paper towel and after a few minutes under lights there was hairlike brown algae in what was once clear looking water. I have done lights out 2 times for 72 hours and dosed 1ml/10g of H2O2 for 3 days and still the rust colored scourge persists. I have lost a large Lobo, a small chalice and one of my older acans and a cyphestrea are showing signs of RTN. I am considering dinoX as my next step with lights out.

azsoccerpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/16/2018, 02:40 PM   #935
Reefer-Dude1888
Registered Member

Hi guys just thought I'd update well about a fortnight later I done a small water change and siphoned all sand in the tank to free it of any detritus,as every thing was still looking good but about 5 days later I started to get a fine brown dust on the sand and on the rock so I have now decided to dose nopox as my nitrates are down but still to high there about 30 ppm now phos is ok so nopox is next step as at the moment it isn't dinos ,so hoping to get nitrate under control and take it from there.

Azsoccerpops I found the dino x useful but I need to sort nitrates out now tried all the usual ways to eliminate nitrate nothing brought them down to required level and I've tried everything apart from the liquid carbon route so hopefully this works , hope this info helps

Unread 01/16/2018, 04:01 PM   #936
bertoni
RC Mod

Hmm, I hope the carbon dosing cleans up the sand and rock. Please keep us posted!