Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > EcoTech Marine
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/14/2017, 08:33 AM   #1
Rover88
Registered Member

MP10 Wet Side Axel Frame

I had to purchase a new MP10 wet side assembly recently because my ceramic bearing broke on the shaft.

As it sits, I now have a perfectly fine wet side, OTHER then the bearing. Does anyone know the size/dimensions of the wet side bearing so that I can try to order in a replacement or do a home fix? I'd rather get it working to keep around as a spare.

Ecotech sells MP40 and MP60 wet side axel frames, but for some reason not the MP10.

Rover88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/14/2017, 11:52 AM   #2
myram
#347, 19 years

They used to sell the MP10 version, I bought a couple a few years ago.

I need another one now, but I don't see them on their site anymore.

Guess I'll have to email and see.

myram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/28/2017, 08:26 PM   #3
jccaclimber
Registered Member

Last time I needed an MP60 bearing I ended up having to buy a wet side frame, which turned in to having to buy an entire wet side. I think your odds are better of getting a trashed wet side from someone and taking the bearing off.

I ended up with a cracked MP60 wet side bearing that was spinning on its shaft. Super gluing it back on really well got me another couple years out of it. It does bother me that you can't buy the small cheaper parts. I know it doesn't often restore it to full function, but there are times when 90% for $5 is better than 100% for $150.

jccaclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/29/2017, 06:03 AM   #4
Rover88
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jccaclimber View Post
Last time I needed an MP60 bearing I ended up having to buy a wet side frame, which turned in to having to buy an entire wet side. I think your odds are better of getting a trashed wet side from someone and taking the bearing off.

I ended up with a cracked MP60 wet side bearing that was spinning on its shaft. Super gluing it back on really well got me another couple years out of it. It does bother me that you can't buy the small cheaper parts. I know it doesn't often restore it to full function, but there are times when 90% for $5 is better than 100% for $150.
Exactly. If mine hadn't fragmented to small pieces I'd have tried a fix. Right now I've got a wetside thats 'fully functional' save for a tiny single piece of it. I'd love to get it working again to have as a spare, but its apparently a paperweight. At least I've got a spare O-ring and propeller.

Rover88 is offline   Reply With Quote