Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/23/2015, 09:31 AM   #751
Krazie4Acans
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frootstick View Post
So I should finally get my apex system next week.
How do I go about setting up a graph for my Radion xr30w pro?
Is there stock templates in fusion?
You ordered the WXM module with your Apex, right? Without that the Apex can't talk to your Radions. There are built in profiles with the Apex for some colors when you plug in the WXM. You can also create your own custom colors and color schedule just like you can with ESL.

Krazie4Acans is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/23/2015, 03:06 PM   #752
Frootstick
Registered Member

Hey mate.
Yes I ordered the WXM module also. I work away so have not had time to really play with the ESL graphs also. I just downloaded a few that other users had setup and ran with them.
I was hoping to do the same, but doesn't look like you can load up templates?

Frootstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/27/2015, 12:49 PM   #753
Krazie4Acans
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frootstick View Post
Hey mate.
Yes I ordered the WXM module also. I work away so have not had time to really play with the ESL graphs also. I just downloaded a few that other users had setup and ran with them.
I was hoping to do the same, but doesn't look like you can load up templates?
There are quite a few people that have posted their Apex tables for use with radions. They just aren't on this thread. This thread is more tuned toward Sharing ESL graphs between Radion users.

Unread 08/02/2015, 03:38 PM   #754
inktomi
Aviator

Everyone mentions John's graph.. but I can't seem to find it.

Would anyone be willing to repost it?

inktomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/02/2015, 04:16 PM   #755
NewJack
Registered Member

post #7
first page of this long thread. It's a nice starting point schdule. I personally use it on a mixed reef. I may tweek it in the future, but not anytime soon.

NewJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/02/2015, 10:54 PM   #756
inktomi
Aviator

Bah, thanks!! I thought it was a much more recent post

Current Tank Info: 275g AGE, 5 Radion Pro, 4 MP40
inktomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/09/2015, 04:33 PM   #757
Duality
Registered Member

I've been running my radions at 100% max power for a few years now. I've found I get the best growth and color when all spectrums r ran at 100%.
Here's a few pics

4/19/15

8/6/15

4/19/15

8/6/15

4/19/15

8/6/15
Up until this last week I was running all 5 of my gen1 radions @ 100% for 10 hours a day with a 1 hour ramp up and ramp down. So the lights were running 12 hours a day total. Then on Thursday I changed my lighting schedule all the way do to my excessive Edison bill. Now I only run the lights at half power during peak hours. Here's my new lighting schedule

Duality is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/18/2015, 03:56 PM   #758
TanksDad13
Registered Member

Exclamation New to Radion

I have a 28 gal nano, 18x22x22. I'm running the graph below.... I'm running it on 65% intensity. After pouring over the 37 or so pages of this thread, I can't really find any input on a smaller, shallow tank. I have only had my lights for going on a week and don't want to bleach or fry anything... I have an XR30 Pro G3 on the RMS approximately 9" off the water. It's Does anyone with a tank dept similar to mine with a mixed reef have any input?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg graph.jpg (19.7 KB, 161 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5352.jpg (67.7 KB, 142 views)

Last edited by TanksDad13; 08/18/2015 at 04:12 PM.
TanksDad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/18/2015, 03:59 PM   #759
TanksDad13
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inktomi View Post
Everyone mentions John's graph.. but I can't seem to find it.

Would anyone be willing to repost it?
Here ya go! Though I have found some ones that I like a little better.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4...lp2OW44T2FuMTA

Unread 08/20/2015, 07:16 AM   #760
Krazie4Acans
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanksDad13 View Post
I have a 28 gal nano, 18x22x22. I'm running the graph below.... I'm running it on 65% intensity. After pouring over the 37 or so pages of this thread, I can't really find any input on a smaller, shallow tank. I have only had my lights for going on a week and don't want to bleach or fry anything... I have an XR30 Pro G3 on the RMS approximately 9" off the water. It's Does anyone with a tank dept similar to mine with a mixed reef have any input?
First off I think your levels are about right for the tank you have. My only issue is that you say you're running an XR30 Pro G3 but your pictures show that you are running an XR15 Pro G3. If you were running an XR30 Pro G3 over that tank at 65% you would have bleached white mush in there.

Unread 08/20/2015, 07:56 AM   #761
TanksDad13
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie4Acans View Post
First off I think your levels are about right for the tank you have. My only issue is that you say you're running an XR30 Pro G3 but your pictures show that you are running an XR15 Pro G3. If you were running an XR30 Pro G3 over that tank at 65% you would have bleached white mush in there.
I meant XR15. When I realized what I did it was too late to edit the post. Good catch though!

Current Tank Info: 28 Gal Nano Mixed Reef
Unread 08/26/2015, 09:06 AM   #762
Johnseye
Reef Addict

I put this in the Lighting forum but think this might be the better place.

It's been about 2 months since I replaced my ATI T5s with Radions. My DT is 48x24x24 and I have two xr30w Pro's. Below are my current settings as they have been with the Apex & WXM. From 15:00 to 22:00 I started 10-15% less on each spectrum and have gradually increased to this intensity.

Last night I started using Reeflink and ESL. Trying out the Shallow Reef (Natural) template for the moment.

Looking for opinions on schedule, intensity and spectrum settings for the below Apex settings.

New 260g build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2557715

Current Tank Info: 260g reef, Giesemann Spectra MH/T5/Kessil A160, Dastaco CaRx, Vortechs, Lifereef skimmer, Red Dragon 3, Apex, Genesis, Angles, Tang, Trigger, Clowns, Anthias, Wrasses, Cardinals, SPS, LPS
Johnseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/26/2015, 09:43 AM   #763
diegoluv
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnseye View Post
I put this in the Lighting forum but think this might be the better place.

It's been about 2 months since I replaced my ATI T5s with Radions. My DT is 48x24x24 and I have two xr30w Pro's. Below are my current settings as they have been with the Apex & WXM. From 15:00 to 22:00 I started 10-15% less on each spectrum and have gradually increased to this intensity.

Last night I started using Reeflink and ESL. Trying out the Shallow Reef (Natural) template for the moment.

Looking for opinions on schedule, intensity and spectrum settings for the below Apex settings.

Where did you get the "shallow reef" template?

diegoluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/26/2015, 09:59 AM   #764
TanksDad13
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegoluv View Post
Where did you get the "shallow reef" template?
+1. I had the owner of the LFS log into mine and tweak it for me. He has WAY more experience setting these things up than I do.

Unread 08/26/2015, 10:38 AM   #765
Johnseye
Reef Addict

For clarity, the shallow reef template is in EcoSmart Live (ESL). I have not converted it to an Apex graph, although unless I find Reeflink to be more stable which it is not at this point, I will attempt to do so.

See attached for the template

Attached Images
File Type: jpg shallow.jpg (16.1 KB, 153 views)

New 260g build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2557715

Current Tank Info: 260g reef, Giesemann Spectra MH/T5/Kessil A160, Dastaco CaRx, Vortechs, Lifereef skimmer, Red Dragon 3, Apex, Genesis, Angles, Tang, Trigger, Clowns, Anthias, Wrasses, Cardinals, SPS, LPS
Unread 08/26/2015, 10:42 AM   #766
TanksDad13
Registered Member

I guess I don't understand how to use these things at all. I have the Eco Smart Live app on my phone and I don't see it. I'm pretty sure I don't know where it is, IF it's on the web based side... Point me in the right direction?

Unread 08/26/2015, 11:17 AM   #767
Johnseye
Reef Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanksDad13 View Post
I guess I don't understand how to use these things at all. I have the Eco Smart Live app on my phone and I don't see it. I'm pretty sure I don't know where it is, IF it's on the web based side... Point me in the right direction?
See attached screenshots of ESL.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ESL1.jpg (37.7 KB, 193 views)
File Type: jpg ESL2.jpg (30.5 KB, 157 views)

Unread 09/01/2015, 04:20 PM   #768
Sk8r
RC Mod

Does anybody have a 30 to 36" inch deep reef? Haven't got the lights yet---on order--- but I do have about as much depth as width, and am going to be working on setup soon.

Salinity 1.024-6; alkalinity 8.3-9.3 on KH scale; calcium 420; magnesium 1300, temp 78-80, nitrate .2. Ammonia 0. No filters: lps tank. Alk and cal won't rise if mg is low.

Current Tank Info: 105g AquaVim wedge, yellow tang, sailfin blenny,royal gramma, ocellaris clown pair, yellow watchman, 100 microceriths, 25 tiny hermits, a 4" conch, 1" nassarius, recovering from 2 year hiatus with daily water change of 10%.
Sk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/05/2015, 01:06 PM   #769
tc2007
Registered Member

I have a 24" deep tank with the XR30W mounted on the standard stand (8"?). I have max intensity at 50% but I feel that it is too much for my sps frags. I have 4 SPS frags and another one completely bleached and dead (not sure if it was the light or me fiddling with the location too much, it bleached from the bottom up). Do I need to lower the intensity? All 4 frags are at the bottom on a frag stand.

tc2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/05/2015, 03:13 PM   #770
TanksDad13
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc2007 View Post
I have a 24" deep tank with the XR30W mounted on the standard stand (8"?). I have max intensity at 50% but I feel that it is too much for my sps frags. I have 4 SPS frags and another one completely bleached and dead (not sure if it was the light or me fiddling with the location too much, it bleached from the bottom up). Do I need to lower the intensity? All 4 frags are at the bottom on a frag stand.
You have 2x the or that I do, the mount put mine 9" above the water, I would tell you if your coral aren't happy, turn it down for sure!

Unread 09/07/2015, 04:53 PM   #771
fish maniac
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post
Does anybody have a 30 to 36" inch deep reef? Haven't got the lights yet---on order--- but I do have about as much depth as width, and am going to be working on setup soon.
Sk8tr....

I have had 3 Gen3 Radion Pros over my 150 deep for a couple of months. I keep having to turn them down, and am still fiddling with it. My SPS at the top of the tank are pretty bleached. The LPS at the bottom are stressed as well. I have not found much info on the Gen3 Pros, so if you have any help to give once you get yours set up, I would appreciate it. I have the reef link software and mine are mounted an Ecotech's rail system. I will export my current program and put it up in here once I get to my computer.

fish maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/07/2015, 05:10 PM   #772
EcoTech Support
Registered Member

RE: Share your Radion Graph!

We love the community you have created for sharing graphs on this thread! Until we have this kind of community sharing directly within EcoSmart Live, I would suggest using AquaticLog (www.aquaticlog.com) to upload and share your Radion schedules. Another option is to use our Share to Facebook feature under Schedule Options.

Unread 09/10/2015, 04:46 PM   #773
Mr.Fishtank
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish maniac View Post
Sk8tr....

I have had 3 Gen3 Radion Pros over my 150 deep for a couple of months. I keep having to turn them down, and am still fiddling with it. My SPS at the top of the tank are pretty bleached. The LPS at the bottom are stressed as well. I have not found much info on the Gen3 Pros, so if you have any help to give once you get yours set up, I would appreciate it. I have the reef link software and mine are mounted an Ecotech's rail system. I will export my current program and put it up in here once I get to my computer.
Radion's put out a crap ton of light! I knew this going into it because I did a lot of research before I took the leap on these pricey leds. I really like the Radiant color graph in Ecosmart live. I would give that a try with an overall intensity of 50% - 60%. And turn on the acclimation for the full 6 weeks with 50% reduction. Hope that helps. Just remember.... Be patient.

Mr.Fishtank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/10/2015, 05:24 PM   #774
mr9iron
15& Over Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post
If you figure something out can you share it? I am in the process of rebuilding a 230 gallon reef and have 3 XR30w Radions gen 3 I will be using.

Current Tank Info: Frag tank at the moment, planning another
mr9iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/01/2015, 10:15 AM   #775
crsturmer
Registered Member

I agree with fish maniac, the xr-30s are powerful! I bleached my sps at first. Although I only have 1 above my 40 gallon which is only 18" deep. I currently run them at 50% which apparently only gives 250-300 par at 4" but my SPS are still recovering from the shock.

crsturmer is offline   Reply With Quote