Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Aquaforest
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/25/2016, 10:46 AM   #1
MargieInAZ
Registered Member

Need help starting up with continuous water changes

I have a 50 gallon cube, with about 15 gallons in the sump. I want to be able to do continuous water changes, which would mean I'd have to mix the salt up ahead of time. I understand with the probio salt you need to use it immediately, so I ordered the Reef Salt. It should be here today.
I also ordered Components 1, 2 & 3, as well as Components A, B & C, and the Pro Bio S and the NP Pro.

However, in doing more reading on this, I think the Components A, B & C are already in the salt, correct? So should I return those?

I run a refugium, and my Phosphates and Nitrates are low, so I wasn't planning on doing the Phosphate reducing or zeo regime. And I already run carbon - I have a ton of BRS high performance carbon on hand, as well as gfo if my Phosphates run up.

What should my dosing start with? I have a Jebao dosing pump, and what other components/foods/vitamins should I consider buying?

It's a mixed reef tank. I had been neglecting it for about a year and lost most of my SPS... algae problems also... but for the past six months or so I've been turning things around, and I even recently upgraded to an entirely new tank with new sand, same size as my old one, just with a better organized sump. I have an AquaIllumination LED light and a good skimmer.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. I'm anxious to get this thing set up under the AF system.

Thanks!

Current Tank Info: Building a 24" cube mixed reef
MargieInAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/25/2016, 11:32 AM   #2
plyle02
Registered Member

You do not need Component ABC, as they already are in Component 123, so yes, if you can return, then do so. Also, yes trace is in the salt too, so depending on what type of corals you plan to keep, you may not even need Component 123. NP Pro and Pro Bio S are essentially the carbon source and bacteria source for running a probiotic based system where bacteria strains help to eliminate N&P. So while Probiotic Salt may not be required, as you are doing continuous salt delivery and need storage, you may find that you refugium algaes begin to whither, just keep an eye on things. Depending on corals you plan to keep really depends on what supplements you need. However, Vitality, Energy, Amino Mix, Build and Power food seem to compliment most systems regardless Cheers

"Anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die" ~Buddha~

Current Tank Info: 50 Gallon AIO Cube, Aquamaxx WS-1 Skimmer, LED/ Hybrid 4x24 watt t5
plyle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/26/2016, 02:09 PM   #3
MargieInAZ
Registered Member

Thank you, Perry!

Current Tank Info: Building a 24" cube mixed reef
MargieInAZ is offline   Reply With Quote