Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/12/2018, 02:37 PM   #1
fishkeeprian
Registered Member

Osmolator Nano

Hello,

I've noticed lately that my at doest always top off. Float is cleaned. No reason why it should act like this. It's been working perfect for months but now is doing this.

Any ideas?

Unread 07/12/2018, 02:41 PM   #2
rvitko
RC Sponsor

Do you ever encounter having the pump pulsing? This would mean it is timing out. What size tank is it on?

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/12/2018, 02:44 PM   #3
fishkeeprian
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvitko View Post
Do you ever encounter having the pump pulsing? This would mean it is timing out. What size tank is it on?
It's on an approx 200L tank. When I unplug it and plug it back in it works again. This is only a recent issue.

Unread 07/12/2018, 02:55 PM   #4
rvitko
RC Sponsor

Was the timer ever changed to the longer timer? With the warmer weather and increased evaporation it may have worked on the short timer from the factory until recently. The safety on these is a timer and it has 2 settings.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Unread 07/12/2018, 02:58 PM   #5
fishkeeprian
Registered Member

Quote:
Was the timer ever changed to the longer timer? With the warmer weather and increased evaporation it may have worked on the short timer from the factory until recently. The safety on these is a timer and it has 2 settings.
I changed the timer when I first got it because it wasn't topping off completely and you advised to change it from factory setting.

Unread 07/12/2018, 03:05 PM   #6
fishkeeprian
Registered Member

Also am I able to change the power adapter? I'm in the UK and mine has the two pin power adapter and I have to use a plug converter . I think it's a German power adapter. What should I buy to covert to the UK power adapter?

Unread 07/12/2018, 03:16 PM   #7
rvitko
RC Sponsor

You could order the UK version of 5012.010 on Tunze.com by just selecting UK when you get on the website. The stock image is the German version but you get the one for your country.

The last possibilities would be:

A) This unit was made before 201702 and has older software that needs to be updated or

B) The pump is failing.

Check the date code on the controller, it is six digits month and year on the silver tag.

If you do ever encounter the pump pulsing, if you are using a fan, it is not impossible you are exceeding the evaporation it can handle.

Unread 07/12/2018, 03:32 PM   #8
fishkeeprian
Registered Member

Quote:
You could order the UK version of 5012.010 on Tunze.com by just selecting UK when you get on the website. The stock image is the German version but you get the one for your country.

The last possibilities would be:

A) This unit was made before 201702 and has older software that needs to be updated or

B) The pump is failing.

Check the date code on the controller, it is six digits month and year on the silver tag.

If you do ever encounter the pump pulsing, if you are using a fan, it is not impossible you are exceeding the evaporation it can handle.
It says 201710 so does it have the latest software?

Unread 07/12/2018, 03:34 PM   #9
fishkeeprian
Registered Member

I don't want to order another just wondered if I can just change the power supply to a UK 12 v?

Unread 07/12/2018, 03:44 PM   #10
rvitko
RC Sponsor

The power supply would be unlikely to be exchanged unless it was bought in the UK and the wrong one was included, if it was ordered from mainland Europe, it would be considered a grey market product and it had the power supply that should have come with it.

201710 should have the latest software, I would look at how long it is pumping and if the pumping volume is greatly reduced.

Unread 07/12/2018, 03:49 PM   #11
fishkeeprian
Registered Member

Quote:
The power supply would be unlikely to be exchanged unless it was bought in the UK and the wrong one was included, if it was ordered from mainland Europe, it would be considered a grey market product and it had the power supply that should have come with it.

201710 should have the latest software, I would look at how long it is pumping and if the pumping volume is greatly reduced.
I did buy it fro UK off amazon. It was sold directly off them on the UK site.

Unread 07/13/2018, 08:17 AM   #12
rvitko
RC Sponsor

I don't have any control or oversight on the EU market, this would be a tricky issue to me as the product would have come from Tunze Germany and not Tunze UK and this was Amazon doing this and not by your fault. I would contact Tunze UK or Tunze Germany.