Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Royal Exclusiv / Bubble King
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/25/2017, 12:00 PM   #251
Shredded
Registered Member

Thanks Scott! Yea, I don't think it is welded from underneath. I went back thru all my construction pictures and the box is assembled before those are installed so there wouldn't be access to the bottom. I was able to get the union that they use from you all so it is exactly the same as the others on the box. They are slightly modified and I had to do the same to mine. I used a forstner bit to do the cutting so the hole is perfect and I cut it 1/16 of an inch small so that I could lightly sand the coupling for a perfect fit. I can't believe that in a week, I will be setting my brand new, year old RE sump under the stand. But then the fun starts.

Shredded is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/26/2017, 12:47 AM   #252
mike810
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredded View Post
@Mike810 Beautiful box. I probably missed details but what size is it and what are your return pumps?
It's an 8D and I'll be using the RD3 150W return pump.

mike810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/27/2017, 01:15 AM   #253
mike810
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slief View Post
Thank you for sharing that info!! Marco and I were just talking about this yesterday! I asked him to get a measurement of the sock openings in a Dreambox we have at the Ft.Myers facility as I had a sneaky suspicion the 4" ones would work! I was measuring one of my 4" socks from another one of my systems and the inside diameter of the ring on the sock seemed to match up with the Dreambox metric sock size spec. The outside diameter of the ring in theory would sit nicely on the sock tray which had me thinking that depending on the way Germany measured the socks, the 4" ones would likely work fine. You saved him from having to take a measurement.
I have tried several different brands of 4" socks now and none of them fit. I think we need to find them in metric size in order for them to fit our dream boxes. I am still on the hunt for felt socks. I don't even want to run water thru the box until I can get my hands on felt socks. I can't imagine the nylon mesh socks catching anything other then food .

I was sockless in my previous tanks and the crud and sediment that would build up in the sump was ridiculous. I want this sump to stay squeaky clean.

Unread 04/27/2017, 11:13 AM   #254
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike810 View Post
I have tried several different brands of 4" socks now and none of them fit. I think we need to find them in metric size in order for them to fit our dream boxes. I am still on the hunt for felt socks. I don't even want to run water thru the box until I can get my hands on felt socks. I can't imagine the nylon mesh socks catching anything other then food .

I was sockless in my previous tanks and the crud and sediment that would build up in the sump was ridiculous. I want this sump to stay squeaky clean.

Yea, we did realize here in the US that they need to be metric. The dreambox is unique in that it uses multiple rows of socks and will stop post particles even with the mesh socks. If you were in a pinch and really concerned you could cut a 4" felt sock and drop it into the mesh ones or even some filter floss in there. We will be getting felt socks in the US. They are waiting on samples in Germany and like you, I much prefer felt socks over mesh ones. IN Europe, it seems everybody prefers mesh. My guess is when we get our next major shipment, we will have a mess of felt socks in there. It's likely 90 days out though before we have them here.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/27/2017, 11:32 PM   #255
mike810
Registered Member

I just placed an order for some felt socks in Asia, I am thinking these will fit. None of the socks here in the states fit the dream box.

Unread 04/28/2017, 08:01 AM   #256
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
I just placed an order for some felt socks in Asia, I am thinking these will fit. None of the socks here in the states fit the dream box.
Please let me know if they work! Are they food grade? Would love to have a 2nd source if they work out.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
Unread 04/30/2017, 09:58 PM   #257
mike810
Registered Member

Quote:
Please let me know if they work! Are they food grade? Would love to have a 2nd source if they work out.
It says made for aquarium use to I figure they're safe. I will update when I get them in.

Unread 05/02/2017, 09:01 PM   #258
ReefKeeper64
Wanna be a reefkeeper

Quote:
A few more.
Mike, That's a great looking setup. Is that a 125x49x35 or another size?

Unread 05/02/2017, 09:02 PM   #259
ReefKeeper64
Wanna be a reefkeeper

Strike that. I see you told shredded it is an 8D. I will look that up!

Unread 05/02/2017, 11:34 PM   #260
mike810
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefKeeper64 View Post
Mike, That's a great looking setup. Is that a 125x49x35 or another size?
Thanks bud. It is an 8D and it is a thing of beauty. My tank should be here in a couple of weeks so I'll post another round of pics when it's installed. Can't wait to put this dream box to work.

Unread 05/04/2017, 06:49 PM   #261
ReefKeeper64
Wanna be a reefkeeper

Quote:
Thanks bud. It is an 8D and it is a thing of beauty. My tank should be here in a couple of weeks so I'll post another round of pics when it's installed. Can't wait to put this dream box to work.

Looking forward to seeing your complete build!

Unread 05/04/2017, 07:15 PM   #262
ReefKeeper64
Wanna be a reefkeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jporter View Post
Here is my Dream Box under my new tank build. Should have water running through it by the end of the weekend. Rock goes in today after a quick tank leak test. Will be starting a build thread as time permits. Ignore the blue tape still on the stand. I haven't taken off the protective tape yet. JP
Nice setup. Do you have a build thread started yet?

Unread 05/06/2017, 01:54 PM   #263
mike810
Registered Member

Do you guys know what size airline tubing I can use for the deluxe 250 skimmer if I wanted to run a line outside for fresh air?

Unread 05/06/2017, 04:36 PM   #264
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Do you guys know what size airline tubing I can use for the deluxe 250 skimmer if I wanted to run a line outside for fresh air?
If you are going to do that, I would suggest running 1/2" PVC to the outside and have it end just about the skimmer. Then use some larger diameter silicone hose to connect between the nipple on the silencer and a fitting on the PVC. If you use tubing, you are going to restrict the airflow. The line needs to be sufficiently large enough to not restrict the airflow at all. I ran 1/2" RODI style tubing to the outside on my setup and frankly, I didn't see enough of a pH improvement to warrant the effort and ended up disconnecting an unsightly hose to an otherwise beautiful skimmer. That said, you likely won't need to resort to that. pH is something I think people worry about far to often and it's VERY rare that anybody with decent alkalinity numbers has pH that is low enough to even worry about. I wouldn't bat an eye of a pH of 7.8 even...

Unread 05/06/2017, 07:08 PM   #265
mike810
Registered Member

Thanks Scott, I'm not really worried about PH as my tanks has usually been around 7.8 or higher. I only asked because I will be running some lines outside to my rodi and sw containers so figure I may try running the skimmer outside also. I'll probably just hold off and see what my ph is like when the tank is setup. The weather is great here in HB so the windows stay open pretty much everyday.

Unread 05/07/2017, 11:28 PM   #266
mike810
Registered Member

Awesome score buddy. The box looks great! I have the LED feature in my box, ato and dosing containers and I must say, they are sharp. It just adds to the beauty of the already gorgeous dream box.

Unread 05/08/2017, 10:54 AM   #267
ReefKeeper64
Wanna be a reefkeeper

Quote:
Awesome score buddy. The box looks great! I have the LED feature in my box, ato and dosing containers and I must say, they are sharp. It just adds to the beauty of the already gorgeous dream box.
Thanks Mike. I found your 240 build but that is a couple of years old. Do you have a new build underway or are you just upgrading your sump and other gear? It would be great to see what you've done so if you have a build thread going, please let me know.

Thanks

Unread 05/08/2017, 10:59 AM   #268
ReefKeeper64
Wanna be a reefkeeper

Looking for pics of how other Dreambox owners have done their plumbing. The 100x50 uses metric PVC for the drain receivers so I need standard to imperial reducers of some type. Not wanting to use silicone tubing. Just curious what others have done so if you have pics or links, please let me know. Thanks

Unread 05/08/2017, 01:56 PM   #269
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Looking for pics of how other Dreambox owners have done their plumbing. The 100x50 uses metric PVC for the drain receivers so I need standard to imperial reducers of some type. Not wanting to use silicone tubing. Just curious what others have done so if you have pics or links, please let me know. Thanks
Here is the link to the metric adapters at flexpvc. Remember, you need Metric DIN and not JIS.
https://flexpvc.com/cart/agora.cgi?p...etric-Adapters

Unread 05/08/2017, 02:36 PM   #270
ReefKeeper64
Wanna be a reefkeeper

Quote:
Here is the link to the metric adapters at flexpvc. Remember, you need Metric DIN and not JIS.
https://flexpvc.com/cart/agora.cgi?p...etric-Adapters
DIN it will be. Thanks for the link and details Scott, I appreciate it!

Unread 05/08/2017, 03:00 PM   #271
ReefKeeper64
Wanna be a reefkeeper

This skimmer is built like a beast and everything about it is heavy duty. The DC motor is controllable of course. For ease of maintenance, the outer cone unscrews and inner cone is removable.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/OlUMg3NiA0Q

Unread 05/10/2017, 02:47 AM   #272
mike810
Registered Member

Quote:
Thanks Mike. I found your 240 build but that is a couple of years old. Do you have a new build underway or are you just upgrading your sump and other gear? It would be great to see what you've done so if you have a build thread going, please let me know.

Thanks
I sold that house along with the 240G. I was planning to get out so I didn't bother to bring it with me. I did however take all the good equipment and left what necessary life support for the tank behind. I also left all the fish behind as a show piece for the next potential owners. The house sold in a month so I like to believe the tank helped.

That was last July, came December, got the inch and ordered a new tank. Waiting on my 360G to be delivered any day now. Not sure if I will start a thread, I have a pretty busy schedule as is with two kids. I might start one though when the tank gets here, idk yet.

Unread 05/10/2017, 04:44 PM   #273
ReefKeeper64
Wanna be a reefkeeper

Quote:
I sold that house along with the 240G. I was planning to get out so I didn't bother to bring it with me. I did however take all the good equipment and left what necessary life support for the tank behind. I also left all the fish behind as a show piece for the next potential owners. The house sold in a month so I like to believe the tank helped.

That was last July, came December, got the inch and ordered a new tank. Waiting on my 360G to be delivered any day now. Not sure if I will start a thread, I have a pretty busy schedule as is with two kids. I might start one though when the tank gets here, idk yet.
Funny, I went through the same situation myself just 3 years ago. We bought a new home out of the blue. With kids switching schools, the move, and selling the old place, I found that setting up my tank at the new place wasn't a top priority. I kept the tank and sold off most everything else. So now I'm back to a new 'even better than before' build. Your 360 will be top shelf, I'm sure.

Unread 05/15/2017, 08:09 PM   #274
Shredded
Registered Member

So get this... I have owned my dreambox for a little over a year. Actually getting ready to finally install it this coming weekend and I receive in the mail from the Oklahoma Tax Commission a bill for state tax and "use" tax for the importation of my Royal Exclusiv sump. Over 400.00. I don't know about any other states but Oklahoma has just gotten stupid about raping its citizens for anything that can get. They made a deal with Amazon to get Amazon to charge sales tax to Oklahoma customers and any other company selling on the internet must send a document to anyone buying out of state informing them that they may owe taxes to the state of Oklahoma. Just my opinion.

Shredded is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/15/2017, 08:37 PM   #275
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

Wow that's ridiculous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk