Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/27/2017, 11:50 AM   #51
karimwassef
Registered Member

I ran their dosers for feeding. Little damage if too little or too much does in (+-50%)

Failure isn't an option It's a requirement. 660g 380inwall+280smp/surge S/L/Soft/Maxima/RBTA/Clown/Chromis/Anthias/Tang/Mandarin/Jawfish/Goby/Wrasse/D'back. DIY 12' Skimmer ActuatedSurge ConcreteScape
karimwassef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/28/2017, 12:55 PM   #52
murphreef
Registered Member

I have had 2 WP-10s working for years now. No issues and barely need to clean them.

Had an old WP-20 laying around gave it to a friend for his tank and he loves it and it still works great even after 2 years of no use laying in my garage.

Maybe their old stuff was better.....

Current Tank Info: 25G cube (finally back in the hobby in a small way)
murphreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/19/2017, 06:59 PM   #53
littletnklvr
Registered Member

I bought a jebao sw-2 and after 6 months it's stuck in perpetual spin never has any wave mode any more, can this be fixed or should I just be happy it still works at all?

littletnklvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/20/2017, 01:24 AM   #54
Dlealrious
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littletnklvr View Post
I bought a jebao sw-2 and after 6 months it's stuck in perpetual spin never has any wave mode any more, can this be fixed or should I just be happy it still works at all?
Mine done the same, worked for 3 weeks but now its dead. But other 2 still going strong

Dlealrious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/20/2017, 07:08 AM   #55
RobZilla04
Registered Member

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the PP series the latest model of the Jebao Wavemakers?

I've had a PP-8 for a year and another for 8 months. I turn them off every time I feed, so twice daily (minimum). Never had an issue with them (knock on wood).

Unread 12/20/2017, 08:23 AM   #56
Zacktosterone
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateToast View Post
Just wanted to share my story... I've gone through 3 of these powerheads in two years. They just burn out on me... I do switch them on and off frequently, but that shouldn't kill them if you ask me.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Anyone have any suggestions on better brands?
you went through 3 of them and it still cost you less than a replacement piece of a vortech pump.

also i've been using them for years and have never had to replace a single pump... the only time i've switched them out is when i upgraded or downgraded my tanks. i think i've had 3 different sets... all the way to the first jebao ever put out.

Zacktosterone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/20/2017, 10:17 AM   #57
Cheapreef
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobZilla04 View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the PP series the latest model of the Jebao Wavemakers?

I've had a PP-8 for a year and another for 8 months. I turn them off every time I feed, so twice daily (minimum). Never had an issue with them (knock on wood).
OW series is the latest as of September.
I've had a RW that is over 3 years old and a PP that is a year and half with zero issues. I switched over to the latest CP-40 and gave those to a buddy to run in his tank, still going strong.

Cheapreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/20/2017, 11:43 AM   #58
mcgyvr
Registered Member

Quote:

SW is newer than PP.. OW is newer than SW and PP..

IF a train leaves China carrying an OW going at 65km/h heading due east and betty brought an apple in her lunch box then which pump is better?

Unread 02/05/2018, 09:06 AM   #59
Diana A
Registered Member

I see there is a TW. Are these the latest models?

Unread 02/05/2018, 02:09 PM   #60
Bent
I got nothin'

5 years 24/7 use still going cleaned twice. RWs

:shrug:

[QUOTE=CStrickland]Who gets mad at a starfish?[/QUOTE]

Current Tank Info: 75g DT, 30G refugium, 10g chaeto tank, 50g stock tank basement sump
Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/05/2018, 02:11 PM   #61
Bent
I got nothin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapreef View Post
OW series is the latest as of September.
I've had a RW that is over 3 years old and a PP that is a year and half with zero issues. I switched over to the latest CP-40 and gave those to a buddy to run in his tank, still going strong.
So you dig the CP over the R dubs? I’ve come close to buying one.

Current Tank Info: 75g DT, 30G refugium, 10g chaeto tank, 50g stock tank basement sump
Unread 02/05/2018, 03:23 PM   #62
Bronx19
Registered Member

They'll be out of two letter combinations by the end of 2018.

Bronx19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/05/2018, 03:35 PM   #63
Cheapreef
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent View Post
So you dig the CP over the R dubs? I’ve come close to buying one.
Yep still like the CP-40 over the reg wavemakers. I run a single on my SPS dominant tank works great.

Cheapreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/05/2018, 06:59 PM   #64
Bent
I got nothin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapreef View Post
Yep still like the CP-40 over the reg wavemakers. I run a single on my SPS dominant tank works great.
Add it to the list!

Unread 02/06/2018, 08:15 AM   #65
pisanoal
Registered Member

I have 4 RW-8's. I shelved them for an mp-40 and gyre 150, then decided I wanted more randomized flow so went to add a couple back in. I knew one didn't work, come to find out 3 of the 4 don't work. 1 doesn't turn on, 2 turn on and then stop turning within a couple minutes. 1 works like normal. One of those 4 is a replacement from one that died within a couple months.

I do have a wp-25(I think?) that I bought way before those rw's and it still works. I have a jebao doser that has worked great for 18 months, and a jebao dcp return that I've only had for 6 months.

~50% failure rate for me.

I think after my recent experience trying to use my rw8's again, i'm through with jebao powerheads. So far, i've had good luck with their other products.

pisanoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/08/2018, 10:36 PM   #66
Punchanello
Registered Member

Brands like Jebao are cheap enough for me to worry about and just a bit too expensive for me to say, "you know what, if it karks it, I'll just buy another one".

My tank build: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2647315
Punchanello is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/08/2018, 11:14 PM   #67
frankv702
Registered Member

I’ve tried to use jebaos but they just die to often for me. I had a jbj45rl with two rw4s and I replaced them once in 4 months. The new ones aren’t but a month old and one is stuck on continuous cycle and the other doesn’t even spin.. they’re junk to me. The return pumps are good for like a month and then it’s like they hit a brick wall and barely move any water. On my main tank I’ve had vortechs and just recently had to replace the old WES wetside with a QD wetside.

frankv702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/09/2018, 08:59 AM   #68
Mknuwet
Registered Member

I’ve had a dozen of them. I’ll continue to buy them. They are getting better and better. I use them in all my tanks. Rarely does one fail for good. They just slow down in flow a bit if not cleaned well

Mknuwet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/09/2018, 09:07 AM   #69
tkeracer619
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacktosterone View Post
you went through 3 of them and it still cost you less than a replacement piece of a vortech pump.

also i've been using them for years and have never had to replace a single pump... the only time i've switched them out is when i upgraded or downgraded my tanks. i think i've had 3 different sets... all the way to the first jebao ever put out.
Not to turn this into a vortech is better than... everytthing post but I woujld still have a first release vortech going if I hadn't dropped it in water a month ago. How many does the op need to buy to make it 9 years?

tkeracer619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/10/2018, 12:06 PM   #70
Daddyrawg
Registered Member

Quote:

You run 2 PP-8's on your 90 ? would 1 be ok and the other side a cheap PH?

Daddyrawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/10/2018, 12:12 PM   #71
RobZilla04
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddyrawg View Post
You run 2 PP-8's on your 90 ? would 1 be ok and the other side a cheap PH?
Depends. I just upgraded to three PP-8 since the top half of my scape is SPS and I'm increasing the light intensity.

Flow > Lighting as far as importance. Lots of folks are coming around to this these days, myself included.

Unread 12/14/2018, 11:12 AM   #72
d0ughb0y
Registered Member

if you have pre-conceived notion a pump will fail, then it will be self fulfilling prophecy and will fail.

I have an all jebao tank and runs just fine for years. power heads, dosing, return, skimmer.

d0ughb0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/14/2018, 02:23 PM   #73
Syntax1325
Acro Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ughb0y View Post
if you have pre-conceived notion a pump will fail, then it will be self fulfilling prophecy and will fail.

Huh??????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: 180g sps dom, 40b sump, Reeflo Dart, Apex, Aquamaxx co2, Reefbrite mh/led pendants w/14k twinarcs, Kore 5th doser, Tunze ATO, Ranco controlling 800 watt Finnex tube, 2 Maxpect Gyre 150XF with Ice Cap Controllers and battery backup, Bean Animal drain
Syntax1325 is offline   Reply With Quote