Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Avast Marine Works
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/09/2012, 07:31 PM   #1
MTWiley
Registered Member

Confused about the Magnet mount for the ATO I just received.

I bought and received an ATO from Avast and I ordered the Mechanical Float Valve thinking that I would be able to connect it to the bracket as pictured, but looking at the bracket that I actually received I have no idea how I'm supposed to connect the included mechanical float valve up to it and it looks quite different from what was pictured on the site. I'd like some clarification on how exactly I'm supposed to hook up the mechanical float switch to the bracket that I was sent or if I was sent the wrong magnetic bracket.

Pictured on Avast's Site(Click for full sized image)

Last edited by MTWiley; 02/09/2012 at 07:54 PM.
MTWiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/10/2012, 01:38 PM   #2
MTWiley
Registered Member

I contacted their phone number and got no answer yesterday, then sent an email as well and still haven't heard back from them, I'm getting a bit nervous since they were so quick to respond before they shipped out my product but now are relatively unresponsive.

Unread 02/10/2012, 01:45 PM   #3
rainmkr07
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTWiley View Post
I contacted their phone number and got no answer yesterday, then sent an email as well and still haven't heard back from them, I'm getting a bit nervous since they were so quick to respond before they shipped out my product but now are relatively unresponsive.
Justin is probably busy. Don't worry. Avast has amazing customer service. He won't dodge you. He'll reply as soon as he can.

rainmkr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/10/2012, 05:03 PM   #4
MTWiley
Registered Member

Just called again and no answer...

Unread 02/10/2012, 05:05 PM   #5
DHyslop
Registered Member

You need to remove one of the black tube holders from the white body. It's threaded like a nut and bolt. The float valve assembly is basically a little bulkhead that then goes around the hole.

DHyslop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/10/2012, 05:08 PM   #6
MTWiley
Registered Member

I tried to unscrew it by unscrewing the top nut to see if it I could remove it from the body, but it seemed to be either glued or secured in some other fashion. Is the bottom of it another nut that needs to be unscrewed?

Unread 02/10/2012, 06:19 PM   #7
ctenophore
RC Sponsor

Sorry about that! I just emailed a high-res photo showing the float valve connection. You want to replace the small compression fitting. There is a nut on the bottom that holds it on. Sometimes you can loosen them with your fingers, but the nut can be hard to grip. Once you have that off, the fitting pops out of the hole in the bracket. Then, take the two nuts off the top of the valve as well as the washer, put it through the bracket and add the washer, the thin nut, then use the large nut with a piece of 1/4" polyethylene tubing (RO tubing). Secure all your tubing connections, then you can test it by holding the valve up to stop the flow. Check that all water flow is stopped even with the pump running. If you have a strong ATO pump, make sure it won't blow a piece of tubing off somewhere. Finally, set the pressure sensor tube all the way down in the bracket so it reaches below the level of the float- this is why we make them so long. The float valve should be set to it's "shallowest" position, i.e., at nearly a right angle. Hope this helps and sorry for the delay answering this!
Justin

ctenophore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/10/2012, 06:27 PM   #8
ctenophore
RC Sponsor

Oh, I also fixed the images on our website

ctenophore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/10/2012, 07:00 PM   #9
MTWiley
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctenophore View Post
Oh, I also fixed the images on our website
Thank you for the clarification and fixing it on your website.