Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/18/2017, 02:08 PM   #826
andrek787
Registered Member

Kore 5th Android app delayed? I personally dont care about the app but the promised firmware fix for the broken DC AWC functionality.

Unread 04/18/2017, 02:24 PM   #827
Jongalt26
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrek787 View Post
Kore 5th Android app delayed? I personally dont care about the app but the promised firmware fix for the broken DC AWC functionality.
Wait, the AWC is screwed up with the current firmware? I was planning on getting that online tonight?
Thanks
Jason

Jongalt26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/18/2017, 02:37 PM   #828
andrek787
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jongalt26 View Post
Wait, the AWC is screwed up with the current firmware? I was planning on getting that online tonight?
Thanks
Jason
Yes, in the currently published Software and Firmware combination 1.6E, the external DC AWC does not function properly. About 3 weeks back, I had a 2am tech support session to diagnose this issue and then they were able to reproduce the problem in Poland. Some of the DC AWC settings are not being saved correctly.

Unread 04/19/2017, 10:27 AM   #829
Jongalt26
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrek787 View Post
Yes, in the currently published Software and Firmware combination 1.6E, the external DC AWC does not function properly. About 3 weeks back, I had a 2am tech support session to diagnose this issue and then they were able to reproduce the problem in Poland. Some of the DC AWC settings are not being saved correctly.
Thanks for letting me know, i'll wait to set mine up then. would you mind describing the issue? Is the external pump pumping too much, not enough etc?

One issue i had a couple of weeks back was the weakening of my ATO pump. Worked fine, had 4' of head pressure or so (6.5' is the max according to the documentation) but then stopped working until i placed my ato container on a shelf reducing the head pressure.

Unread 04/19/2017, 11:14 AM   #830
andrek787
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jongalt26 View Post
Thanks for letting me know, i'll wait to set mine up then. would you mind describing the issue? Is the external pump pumping too much, not enough etc?

One issue i had a couple of weeks back was the weakening of my ATO pump. Worked fine, had 4' of head pressure or so (6.5' is the max according to the documentation) but then stopped working until i placed my ato container on a shelf reducing the head pressure.
My AWC setup is designed to do larger on demand water changes, running each pump for 20+ min. Unfortunately, pump 1 stops after just 27 seconds, no matter how the settings are configured.

I actually made a custom AWC setup that uses Spectra-pure litermeter pumps instead of the original pumps, because I need to pump water to a remote drain and pull fresh water from storage tanks 40 ft away.

The DC pump output can be used to control a relay, that can turn on and off a litermeter. That would allow you to pull ATO water from anywhere you want, litermeter's vaccum/draw limit is 25ft down (2 stories down?)

I really wish PacSun would just release a controlled outlet, like this:

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/tunze-...et-outlet.html

Unread 04/19/2017, 12:25 PM   #831
Jongalt26
Registered Member

Thats sounds like a killer setup. Luckily my sump is in basement so the pump is adjacent to the sump. So if i run my pumps for 25 seconds at a time i should be safe right?

It would be nice if pacsun had a controlled outlet. and wifi too lol.

However i am looking forward to the alk monitor.

Unread 04/19/2017, 12:38 PM   #832
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

@Andrek787

AWC was designed to work with our own pumps - used in AWC sets. AWC is being used with that set it's working properly which was proven by many hundreds of Customers worldwide.
Our pumps have maximum flow with 200 L/h. It mean, that if your tank is 1000 liters capacity and you are doing 5% water change weekly(50 liters) - during one day there is replaced about 7 liters of water = in single water change (24 changes daily) about 300 ml. So pump is working about 10-20 seconds(depending from setup) for single water change every one hour.
Your setup is untypical - you are using relays and slow flow pumps which require turned it on for several minutes (20+ as you said).
So it's not broken AWC functionality - simply it's not working in your exact situation when 3rd party pumps are used with our Kore 5th.
We got your request regarding doing changes in firmware for longer work but it's not so easy due main code structure and time table.
I don't want to dig too deep into code now(and explains too much) but due reason how dozer is working(checking in "which minute" it is already and what he should do in this time) extending time like you did make dozer not working properly.
We check possibility changing it, unfortunately there is few other projects(like parallel work on Android app for SMR/Kore 5th and other platforms) and we can push it with highest priority now.
It's not like we don't want to do that - but simply it's not so easy like changing two numbers in few places in source code and it will start working for you.
We are getting several request daily with questions about android app for Kore 5th and now it's most actual project where our programmers move their resources.
Hope that you understand it.
I can promise you that if that firmware modification for you will be possible we will do that and inform you asap.
Thank you.

BR

Przemek

Last edited by Przemek_PacSun; 04/19/2017 at 12:51 PM.
Przemek_PacSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/19/2017, 12:53 PM   #833
homer1475
Registered Member

Yes 100% android app!!!

I hate having to lug out my laptop every time I need to make a simple small adjustment to my dosing schedule.

Originally posted by der_wille_zur_macht:

"He's just taking his lunch to work"
homer1475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/19/2017, 03:56 PM   #834
andrek787
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemek_PacSun View Post
@Andrek787

AWC was designed to work with our own pumps - used in AWC sets. AWC is being used with that set it's working properly which was proven by many hundreds of Customers worldwide.
Our pumps have maximum flow with 200 L/h. It mean, that if your tank is 1000 liters capacity and you are doing 5% water change weekly(50 liters) - during one day there is replaced about 7 liters of water = in single water change (24 changes daily) about 300 ml. So pump is working about 10-20 seconds(depending from setup) for single water change every one hour.
Your setup is untypical - you are using relays and slow flow pumps which require turned it on for several minutes (20+ as you said).
So it's not broken AWC functionality - simply it's not working in your exact situation when 3rd party pumps are used with our Kore 5th.
We got your request regarding doing changes in firmware for longer work but it's not so easy due main code structure and time table.
I don't want to dig too deep into code now(and explains too much) but due reason how dozer is working(checking in "which minute" it is already and what he should do in this time) extending time like you did make dozer not working properly.
We check possibility changing it, unfortunately there is few other projects(like parallel work on Android app for SMR/Kore 5th and other platforms) and we can push it with highest priority now.
It's not like we don't want to do that - but simply it's not so easy like changing two numbers in few places in source code and it will start working for you.
We are getting several request daily with questions about android app for Kore 5th and now it's most actual project where our programmers move their resources.
Hope that you understand it.
I can promise you that if that firmware modification for you will be possible we will do that and inform you asap.
Thank you.

BR

Przemek
Przemek,

Ok. Let's assume for a second that only the original DC pumps can be used for AWC. The time limit I ran into is 27 seconds per cycle, which would also apply to the standard DC pumps. Max flow on those DC pumps is 200lph with no back pressure. That translates to 3.3l per min, which means max cycle change @ 27 seconds is 1.5 liters. 1.5L x 24 x 7 is 252L, which is the true maximum water change that can be done in a week. Software actually allows up to 500 liters per week to be configured.

In a real world scenario, waste water and fresh SW reservoirs would not be located next to the aquarium, so those tiny DC pumps would not be capable of pumping anywhere near the 200lph max, considering the 3m max head pressure rating.

This means depending on the plumbing configuration and weekly change volume anyone that hits the 27 second limit is unknowingly not getting the water change volumes they have configured.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Unread 04/19/2017, 04:15 PM   #835
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Hello
That pumps are not rated for 3m head pressure.
Depending from used tubing size its about 160-185cm.
It's first time when we got request like yours and never before we had any complains regarding cable lengths or AWC working time - maybe because there were used our original DC pumps etc. In many houses(here in EU for example) close aquarium there is drain pipe for home waste water - so "waste" water from aquarium don't have to be collected in container.
Container with "fresh" saltwater is many times located close to tank/sump.
Yes, we have limited weekly water change volume to 500 liters(which is probably enough for more than 95% of all home aquariums on markets)
But there is no any limit for 1 minutes per single water change so your calculations is not exact.
If that water change(single change) will be for 5 minutes for example - with theoretical efficiency 100l/h (1.6L/min) - during single water change it can replace more than 8 liters of water.
24 changes daily x 7 days - it give us more than 1300 liters in week.
So within two minutes in single water change(using our pumps and with half of projected efficiency) it give more than 500 liters weekly.

You are getting that limit 27 seconds because due "so high numbers" used in dozer memory calculations and there is numeric error(sourced by some limits of used data probably).
It's not limited to 27s by hardware/software.

Last edited by Przemek_PacSun; 04/19/2017 at 04:29 PM.
Unread 04/21/2017, 09:53 AM   #836
andrek787
Registered Member

Przemek, I want to thank you and your team for addressing this issue for me!!! I will finally be able to put my AWC system into use this weekend.

Unread 04/21/2017, 10:52 AM   #837
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

:-)
I told you that we will do that if will be possible ;-)
Now we are waiting for android app for Kore 5th!

Regards

Przemek

Unread 04/23/2017, 08:42 AM   #838
scybulski
Registered Member

Quote:
:-)
I told you that we will do that if will be possible ;-)
Now we are waiting for android app for Kore 5th!

Regards

Przemek

Is there an iPhone one? New to my kore 5

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scybulski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/23/2017, 11:33 AM   #839
intheshaddow
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scybulski View Post
Is there an iPhone one? New to my kore 5

No, and there won't be as far as I am aware.

intheshaddow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/24/2017, 01:15 AM   #840
Rudimenta
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by intheshaddow View Post
No, and there won't be as far as I am aware.
PS has issues with Apple restrictions on the Bluetooth use. I think its been mentioned here on the thread several times by Przemek.

If their is one thing i think that could be said negative about PS products its their fixation with BT.

I think they know this very well especially in the cloud days we are in. The non ability to control my lamps from outside the house is a real bugger for me, because my home internet service does not work with dynamic ip services and does not allow fixed ip's. I real bummer because power cuts looses the time and date for my lamp even so i replaced the battery several times...

Current Tank Info: 770 Display 205l Sump, 100l Nano
Rudimenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/24/2017, 06:47 AM   #841
scybulski
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudimenta View Post
PS has issues with Apple restrictions on the Bluetooth use. I think its been mentioned here on the thread several times by Przemek.

If their is one thing i think that could be said negative about PS products its their fixation with BT.

I think they know this very well especially in the cloud days we are in. The non ability to control my lamps from outside the house is a real bugger for me, because my home internet service does not work with dynamic ip services and does not allow fixed ip's. I real bummer because power cuts looses the time and date for my lamp even so i replaced the battery several times...
I wish it had something like Apex has. That I can remote into it from wherever i am to see what is going on with it, make changes, etc. or even send me alerts. still a great product, however wish it had some other features (or maybe it has some work arounds that the group will educate met on since knew to it).

Unread 04/24/2017, 07:22 AM   #842
PacSun Service
Registered Member

@Rudimenta: Could You please tell which battery model You used in Your lamp as replacement? As battery is soldered to computer board maybe during replace You didn't soldered it properly in place? We had lamps which worked for 6 years without battery replace.

PacSun Service is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/24/2017, 07:36 AM   #843
Rudimenta
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacSun Service View Post
@Rudimenta: Could You please tell which battery model You used in Your lamp as replacement? As battery is soldered to computer board maybe during replace You didn't soldered it properly in place? We had lamps which worked for 6 years without battery replace.
Przemek, i replaced it again last year when i did the mod from 4-8 bulbs. Too be honest its too much hassle to open up the lamp, to do it again. Since pressing one button user time is a 3 sec fix and i dont have power cuts often, but once every few months. Sadly they tend to happen when i am on trip. Which makes the fish live on a different timezone all of a sudden. The balance of the data stays, i do not loose my settings. (PS both my dosers do not have any battery issues and they are running many years as i was one of the first owners of both, i started this tread )

Lets focus on bringing these awesome products into the 21st century, the options and programmeblitiy are already second to none, we are only talking about the way to access these lamps and dosers...

Current Tank Info: 770 Display 205l Sump, 100l Nano
Rudimenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/24/2017, 07:55 AM   #844
intheshaddow
Registered Member

Quote:
I wish it had something like Apex has. That I can remote into it from wherever i am to see what is going on with it, make changes, etc. or even send me alerts. still a great product, however wish it had some other features (or maybe it has some work arounds that the group will educate met on since knew to it).

That would be neat feature but considering the price range, Kore 5th is already great value to the money. Maybe next generation will have wifi and remote access.

intheshaddow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/27/2017, 09:17 AM   #845
Jongalt26
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by intheshaddow View Post
That would be neat feature but considering the price range, Kore 5th is already great value to the money. Maybe next generation will have wifi and remote access.

To get remote access i did the following:
I use a PC near my sump, have remote desktop forwarded to the PC on the router, use Dyndns for IP address updates.

Unread 04/27/2017, 09:36 AM   #846
Jongalt26
Registered Member

So i set up my AWC a couple of days ago. I wasnt pleased with the fact that the water can siphon through the pump. My sump is a basement sump on a stand so my collection container is below the water line of the sump. I had to create an air gap with a 5 gallon bucket to spill in to my container, RO fittings etc. Im going to have to find another way to create the air gap because this mess is unsightly.

If the DC pumps worked as advertised i could pump the water up into my sanitary sewer line but since they don't, i can't. Advertising of 2 meters but only effective, at best, at 1.75 meters.
One interesting note, i had 48" (1.22m) of head pressure / height on my ATO, it worked fine for awhile but then just stopped working until i raised my ATO container by placing it on a shelf.

Back to what I was saying,
Got the AWC up and running, set it up for 10% weekly changes. What i noticed was that the Water out pump would turn on, then water in and then my ATO would turn on. I went through 6 gallons of my ATO in one day.

Im assuming that refill maximum time limit is being reached and turning off due to this therefore not filling up my sump to the top of the optical sensor so the kore is using the ATO to finish the job. Hopefully my assumption is correct, i changed the water change percentage to 7% so hopefully this correct the issue.

I know these are complaints, but this is still one of the best if not the best doser on the market. With a little Love from PacSun though, this could be hands down one of the best pieces of aquarium tech to get.

Unread 04/27/2017, 11:56 AM   #847
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Hi Jongan,
Thank you for your feedback - I will forward it to our service.
About siphon effect - all DC pumps(even some peristaltic pumps with two rollers) will do siphon effect. It's important for having hose output above water level.

Head pressure - it depend from tubing diameter and how its placed(straight or some curves). You can remove from your DC pump that small "regulation" plastic knob - it will increase our pump flow/pressure.

There is new firmware which have improved AWC mode - it should be released (officially) soon, together with Android app(that firmware is prepared to work with mobile devices).
Please contact with service@pacific-sun.eu and ask for sending it to you tomorrow.

Thank you again.

Regards

PS> We expect that beta download for android phones (working with Kore 5th) should be ready within next few days(I have it on my phone but there is still some minor bugs needed to fix).
I promise to keep you all updated.

Unread 04/27/2017, 01:37 PM   #848
Jongalt26
Registered Member

Quote:
Hi Jongan,

Head pressure - it depend from tubing diameter and how its placed(straight or some curves). You can remove from your DC pump that small "regulation" plastic knob - it will increase our pump flow/pressure.

There is new firmware which have improved AWC mode - it should be released (officially) soon, together with Android app(that firmware is prepared to work with mobile devices).
Please contact with service@pacific-sun.eu and ask for sending it to you tomorrow.

Thank you again.

Regards

PS> We expect that beta download for android phones (working with Kore 5th) should be ready within next few days(I have it on my phone but there is still some minor bugs needed to fix).
I promise to keep you all updated.
Thanks for the tip, i'll remove the plastic knob to see if it works better. Tech support shouldve mentioned that when i contacted them haha.

Thanks for the info on the firmware update!
Jason

Unread 04/27/2017, 05:16 PM   #849
scybulski
Registered Member

How do you get it to stop beeping when dosing? I have it unchecked in the software and saved. When I load the Doser it is uncheck still. Just keeps on beeping... argh

Unread 04/28/2017, 09:29 AM   #850
Jongalt26
Registered Member

Quote:
How do you get it to stop beeping when dosing? I have it unchecked in the software and saved. When I load the Doser it is uncheck still. Just keeps on beeping... argh

Are you clicking save changes afterwards?

Tags
junk trash