Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Only & Aggressive Tanks
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/30/2018, 10:26 AM   #1
TrueNameAmended
Registered Member

Domino damsel: time to remove?

Hi, everyone.

I have a domino damsel in my 72 gallon FOWLR, and it’s starting to develop that infamous domino aggression. The thing is, it’s only towards one fish. Tank houses the damsel, a spotcinctus clown, tomato clown and valentini puffer. Only the tomato clown gets singled out by the damsel, and it’s not outright aggression so much as pestering/chasing. The tomato clown does not have frayed fins or anything, but I’m wondering if I should remove the damsel now before it’s too late. Or is this behavior tolerable as long as no damage is being done?

Removing him would obviously be a huge pain in the ***, so if the clown is not in any real danger, I’d like to avoid it. If it needs to be done, then so be it. Looking for opinions.

FWIW, the damsel and spotcinctus clown were the original inhabitants, the tomato clown (damsel’s target) and puffer were added a few months later. Though the aggressive behavior only started very recently.

PS- the two clowns get along great. They even sleep right next to each other every night.

TrueNameAmended is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/30/2018, 10:36 AM   #2
TrueNameAmended
Registered Member

Damnit... sorry about the duplicate post. Was trying to edit and didn’t know you couldn’t.

TrueNameAmended is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/30/2018, 11:38 AM   #3
tonysi
Registered Member

The tomato clown will end up beating the snot out of the damsel.

tonysi is offline   Reply With Quote