Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Neptune Systems
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/11/2018, 07:37 PM   #1
SereneAquatic
Registered Member

About to give up on my Apex, please help

After having repeated connectivity issues with our APEX via wifi, we finally hard wired it to the modem. It worked ok for about a week and then lost connection yet again to Fusion.

I am NOT super technical but I did manage to download the browsing app and reach the apex to do an update when it was on wifi, but not skilled enough to create a static port.

I am ready to just unhook it all and sell it. Due to its unreliable behavior, it is essentially a glorified power strip at this point and a really expensive one at that.

The only thing that is programmed on it is the on/off times for the fuge light, and the temp settings for two heaters.

Please help me make this thing useful again. When it worked, it was reassuring to be able to monitor parameters, but for the last few months it has been nothing but a headache.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: Red Sea Reefer 425 XL Deluxe, Nano Max, 55g Observation, 20g QT
SereneAquatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/11/2018, 07:41 PM   #2
jocca
Registered Member

Have you tried contacting Neptune customer support? They have helped me on many occasions over the years and I’ve found them to be very friendly and knowledgeable. They’ve fixed every problem I’ve ever had. Open a ticket through their website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jocca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/12/2018, 05:55 AM   #3
Optionman
Registered Member

Don’t give up. I hard wired my apex to my router after numerous WiFi connectivity issues as well and haven’t had any issues since. Are you sure you changed settings to indicate hard wired vs WiFi?

Neptune tech support is very helpful as stated in prior posts.

I’ve only increased reliance on apex over time. Don’t give up.

Optionman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/12/2018, 05:56 AM   #4
SereneAquatic
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocca View Post
Have you tried contacting Neptune customer support? They have helped me on many occasions over the years and I’ve found them to be very friendly and knowledgeable. They’ve fixed every problem I’ve ever had. Open a ticket through their website.

I have not. I have attempted to troubleshoot with the information i find online. I will reach out to them directly.

Current Tank Info: Red Sea Reefer 425 XL Deluxe, Nano Max, 55g Observation, 20g QT
Unread 07/15/2018, 02:47 AM   #5
Steve175
Registered Member

As above: open a ticket. I do so when only mildly irritated (well before frustrated). They will access your system remotely (with your permission and transiently) and get you reliably up and running. In like 10 min. You will feel like an idiot but concomitantly be ecstatic that it is working and want to get them off the phone so you can manipulate it. The apex is extremely powerful and useful in ways that you will only begin to realize over the next months then years. Mine monitors my sump volume (notifies me if ATO revervoir is empty or if a pump loses power), notified me directly if a pump loses power, turns fans and/or (rarely) a chiller and, conversely, a set of heaters to keep my temp in a narrow range, monitors the effluent rate and pH on my ca reactor, turns on and off 14 lights on DTs, fuge, frag tank, and mangrove tank, runs surge tanks, cleans my skimmer cup twice daily, and allow optimal feeding (with the push of a button, the closed loops and skimmer turn off for 10 minutes). I am ****ed that it does not do my taxes. . .

Current Tank Info: 2 separate 250G bowfront rimless ELOS tanks plumbed to 260G sump, 220G refugium, 220G frag, BK DeLuxe 300, 400W MH x4, closed loops, 3/4hp chiller x2, Phos reactor, Kalk reactor, Charcoal reactor, Ca reactor, 60G surge tanks, & a huge elec bill
Steve175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/15/2018, 06:24 AM   #6
rvareef
In Memoriam

dont give up! Hang in there!

rvareef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/15/2018, 01:53 PM   #7
SereneAquatic
Registered Member

Lol, Steve, just for you and your inspiring post, I will persevere.

Unread 07/16/2018, 08:43 PM   #8
kurt_n
Registered Member

Just a second for contacting Neptune Support. They go above and beyond what you've come to expect for support these days.

kurt_n is offline   Reply With Quote