Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/16/2019, 04:21 PM   #1
Navig8tr
Registered Member

6040 external control

Roger,

I'm having an issue that I can't figure out. I have two 6040s linked via the Y-adapter cable. One is set as the primary controller and the other is set as externally controlled. When I have the main power set to 100% and the pulse power set to 0, both pumps operate in tandem. When I set pulse power on the primary controller to anything other than 0%, the controlling pump pulses between the power settings but the slave pump runs at full power. This happens if I switch controller roles as well. I would like the pumps to operate in tandem between 100% and anything above 0%. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Navig8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/16/2019, 04:35 PM   #2
rvitko
RC Sponsor

Is something connected to the other end of the Y? Typically to just connect 2 pumps you just use the straight cable, the Y is for 3 pumps or 2 pumps and the photocell 7097.050.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/16/2019, 04:50 PM   #3
Navig8tr
Registered Member

The photocell is attached to the other end.

Unread 01/16/2019, 05:01 PM   #4
Navig8tr
Registered Member

At one point I had adjusted the 7090s to operate with a 7095. Could this be the culprit? Is there a factory setting that the 7090s need to be returned to?

Unread 01/17/2019, 09:06 AM   #5
rvitko
RC Sponsor

This could be a cause, the adjustment turns up the speed range, but this is very difficult to adjust back down. It would essentially be the opposite adjustment but there is no reference like with the 7095 as to what would be the lowest speed it will run. Another possibility is that a pump is in inverse mode, this is indicated if in pulse mode the red pulse LED flashes instead of stays solid, then if the photocell was in darkness one pump would be in the opposite speed (main power when the other is in pulse) and the photocell can behave unexpectedly with LED lights since it is multiple beams of light it is possible for it to look like you have the photocell in light but it is in a shadow between beams of light that pass right by it. I would first check that a pump was not set to inverse and try the photocell with a flashlight or desk light close to it.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Unread 01/17/2019, 01:39 PM   #6
Navig8tr
Registered Member

The adjustment to the 7095 was the issue. I reverse adjusted to the lowest pulse setting that the primary 7090 is outputting. I'm not sure if that is the factory output setting but it seems to have worked.

Unread 01/17/2019, 02:48 PM   #7
rvitko
RC Sponsor

Great news! I was hesitant to recommend trying that as my own experience doing it blind is you can either lock them up to where the speeds are so low the pump will not run to full power or set them so high every speed is full power.