Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/12/2017, 08:15 PM   #1
bcb577
Registered Member

pests and mini carpet. anemone

Ive been doing research on mini carpet anemones and just ordered one from a well known online fish store because none of my lfs had any.my question is........do I dip the anemone for pests like coral? I know it might be a dumb question but I cant find anything on youtube on how to manage possible hitchikers or the best way to acclimate them.i plan on floating the bag and then drip acclimating him.Any suggestions,advice are welcome!

bcb577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/12/2017, 08:25 PM   #2
humphreyhh
Registered Member

Hi again! No, you don't dip anemones. It's rare for them to carry pests. They will have severe reaction to the coral dip/pests dips and often will die.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

humphreyhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/12/2017, 08:33 PM   #3
bcb577
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by humphreyhh View Post
Hi again! No, you don't dip anemones. It's rare for them to carry pests. They will have severe reaction to the coral dip/pests dips and often will die.

Hey there,thanks for the info again! Im preparing for my new nem,getting ready to wrap the powerhead,not sure if needed with a carpet nem,but figured it couldnt hurt,i just did a waterchange,everything looks good,hoping to provide a good home for it.

Unread 09/12/2017, 08:35 PM   #4
humphreyhh
Registered Member

I notice you say carpet anemone. I just want to make sure you are sure it's not a regular carpet anemone (haddoni/gigantic carpet) but a maxi/mini carpet, right?

Unread 09/12/2017, 08:49 PM   #5
bcb577
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by humphreyhh View Post
I notice you say carpet anemone. I just want to make sure you are sure it's not a regular carpet anemone (haddoni/gigantic carpet) but a maxi/mini carpet, right?

yeah,sorry I made sure I bought the maxi/mini

Unread 09/12/2017, 08:57 PM   #6
humphreyhh
Registered Member

Great! Enjoy your time with the new creature!

Unread 09/13/2017, 12:37 AM   #7
fishkeeprian
Registered Member

Tho the Anemone will not carry pests directly, be-careful of cross contamination between your DT water and you LFS water this can cause unwanted problems.

I learnt the hard way and broke down my tank in the end. I'm just in the process of rebuilding my tank with some mods etc, I will be doing a build thread shortly. Me personally I would never put anything in my tank again without QT.

fishkeeprian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/13/2017, 02:07 PM   #8
bcb577
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishkeeprian View Post
Tho the Anemone will not carry pests directly, be-careful of cross contamination between your DT water and you LFS water this can cause unwanted problems.

I learnt the hard way and broke down my tank in the end. I'm just in the process of rebuilding my tank with some mods etc, I will be doing a build thread shortly. Me personally I would never put anything in my tank again without QT.
Thanks for the info,ill definatly be careful