Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Reef Fishes
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/28/2017, 02:18 PM   #1
Brieninsac
Registered Member

Stressed One Spot Foxface ready for DT

I have a One Spot Foxface that has completed his quarantine and is ready to go into my DT this weekend. However, my concern is he has been stressed for the last week.

He's been in his own 10-gal. QT with frequent water changes from day one. For the first 3-weeks he was doing great. But then he started acting erratic and his color would fade occasionally. There are no signs of disease and he's eating fine otherwise, but the stress is concerning.

I could keep him in the QT longer if necessary but I don't think that's going to help him. I just want to know if putting him in my DT in this stressed state won't cause problems to my other fish. I know stress can affect their immune system.

I've never encountered a situation like this so I want to go about it the right way.

Unread 07/28/2017, 02:51 PM   #2
cougareyes
Registered Member

My one spot was always hiding and stressed easily when in qt. He partnered up with a scopas in qt and when time to release them into the dt, i was still a little apprehensive about the one spot. To my surprise he immediately blossomed and has been vibrant and awesome since day one. They seem to be tricky at what stresses them or not. if you can give him a clean bill of health, I'd put him in.

Current Tank Info: 210g fowlr: yellow belly dogface puffer, harlequin tusk, pinktail and pair of bluejaw triggers, majestic angel, orange shoulder and scopus tangs. one spot fox: 90g lps reef with an antennata , zebra and fuzzy dwarf, fu manchu lions, yellow mimic tang
cougareyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/30/2017, 08:45 PM   #3
LobsterOfJustice
Recovering Detritophobe

If he's healthy, move him. He's probably just sick of being in a 10g.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember when zoanthids were called things like "green" and "orange" and not "reverse gorilla nipple."

Current Tank Info: 180g reef with all the bells and whistles
LobsterOfJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/31/2017, 08:40 AM   #4
Brieninsac
Registered Member

I put him in over he weekend. His color came back almost immediately. He's been doing good since.