Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Seahorses & Pipefish
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/23/2009, 04:58 PM   #51
unstopable
Registered Member

they are beautiful

unstopable is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/24/2009, 03:26 PM   #52
AWoodCT
Moved On

that's great! best of luck breading them!

AWoodCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/24/2009, 05:18 PM   #53
unstopable
Registered Member

If you breadthem can you sell them eventually, or do you have a contract with australia wich prohibits the sale?

unstopable is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/02/2009, 12:13 AM   #54
mikekman
Registered Member

what did you feed your weedy sea dragons before they died? What temperature and salinity were they in??

I might have the chance to get some weedy sea dragons so I want to know as much as I can before I get them

mikekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/06/2009, 10:02 PM   #55
t5Nitro
Registered Member

Stunning.

Current Tank Info: Left the hobby, looking to re-enter in the future
t5Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/07/2009, 06:25 PM   #56
small alien
The fungus is among us.

so beautiful. they barely look "real".

Current Tank Info: 75 mixed reef. F OSFF, Clingfish, M/F Leopards, M Mandy, Darwin Clown, Bullet Goby, Green Clown Goby, M/F Matted Files, Bluestripe Pipe, Tailspot Blenny, Canary Wrasse, Royal Gramma, Papua Toby Puffer, Snooty Maori Wrasse.
small alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/14/2009, 01:11 PM   #57
atwinparadox2
Registered Member

amazes me everytime i see one of those...they are breathtaking.

Current Tank Info: | 90 Gallon Main display, 2/175 MH, 2 actinic, 20 sump w/20 fuge, about to dabble with a algae scrub screen || 75 in the works ||
atwinparadox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/23/2009, 08:35 PM   #58
Terra Ferma
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by unstopable
If you breadthem can you sell them eventually, or do you have a contract with australia wich prohibits the sale?
I doubt any individual has a contract such as that with the sovereign nation of Australia - but without CITIES any offspring would not be able to enter another country.

Terra Ferma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/29/2009, 01:50 PM   #59
KafudaFish
Cyprinius carpio

I got to see a pair of leafy sea dragons on a behind the scene tour about 2 years ago. No one thought much about them until I explained how rare they were here and how much money.

Their tank was a shower stall with an acrylic sheet bonded to the opening where a person walked in. I cannot remember all the details but the curator said that they believed that the additional depth was having a positive effect on their breeding. So basically they had $10 -20000 worth of fish in a $200 shower stall from HD. I found that very funny.

Very nice thread and thank you for sharing.

KafudaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/31/2009, 11:41 AM   #60
oceanarus
Registered Member

I LOVE your taste in fish and friends !!!!!!

Amy Drehmel

Unread 08/01/2009, 02:05 PM   #61
rusty-spoons
Registered Member

You are very lucky!!!! I have only seen those at the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago IL.

rusty-spoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/05/2009, 05:22 AM   #62
coralfriend
Registered Member

Fishkid6692
My fish was kept in Hong Kong.

ncalireef
I use UV, heavy skimming and live mud bottom as substrate. The detail configuration that I will give later.

rosebud161616
I use live enriched P vanemi(white shrimp) to feed them.

unstopable
Thank you for your apprasial! I think that breed them is not so easy. I has no intension to sell them if one days the dream come true.

AWoodCT,t5Nitro,small alien,atwinparadox2,KafudaFish,oceanarus
Thanks a lot!

mikekman
I use fresh water shrimp to feed my weedy. I think that it is part of the reason that cause its dead. Temperature 16 degree Celsiu
and salinity 35ppm or I suggest to use relative density around 1.024

rusty-spoons
Thanks! I am lucky to own them.

I am sorry for my late reply. I am a lazy person and I use all of my time to take care of my two troublesome new fish within this few mouth. Below are my two troublesome fish update.

Update on my masked angel. The fish was absolutely in bad condition once I recieved it about 2 months ago from Japan.
Right hand side of the female masked angel on day 1. Bad condition!

Left hand side of the female masked angel on day 1. Bad condition and prominent of the lateral line!

Right hand side of the female masked angel on day 2. Deeply compressed abdomen was clearly shown!

Another image inwhich deeply compressed area was seen in the right hand side of the female masked angel.

Left hand side of the female masked angel on day 2 with deeply compressed abdomen. I guess that the thinnest part of its abdomen was about 10 piece of paper thick! I also noticed that it started with head and lateral line erosion.

Image of the male masked angel on day 2. Also in bad condition and also compressed abdomen.

Right hand side of the male masked angel on day 2. Also compressed abdomen was shown here.

Left hand side of the male masked angel on day 2. Also compressed abdomen

coralfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/05/2009, 05:25 AM   #63
coralfriend
Registered Member

Updated of image on my masked angel(Day 60). Both of my masked angel pair still survive. There are still many problems need to fix.
Closed up view of the right hand side of the female masked angel on day 2.

Closed up view of the right hand side of the female masked angel on day 60. Some improvement!

Not so compressed abdomen on right hand side of the female masked angel (Day 60)

Another photo of the right hand side of the female masked angel(Day 60)but the problem of head and lateral line erosion is not yet settled!

Three pictures on the left hand side of the female masked angel(day 60). The left hand side improved a lot!

Unread 08/05/2009, 05:25 AM   #64
coralfriend
Registered Member

Four pictures of the right hand side of the male masked angel(Day 60). Better!

Three pictures of the left hand side of the male masked angel(Day 60). Better!

Unread 08/05/2009, 02:01 PM   #65
Elysia
Registered Member

Coralfriend -- I'm sure your fish appreciate you putting more time into taking good care of them rather than posting on reefcentral! Still, it is always great to read and see the updates here and on seahorse.org, so please keep up with them as time permits. I wish you continued success with your seadragons and other wet pets.

Elysia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/05/2009, 09:30 PM   #66
coralfriend
Registered Member

Dear Elysia,

Thank you for your kind word and I will continuous to do my best on my fish and seadragon. I love sea dragons and marine fish very much. I like reefcentral and seahorse.org very much! I really learn a lot of great informations about reef and seahorse keeping from those two sites. I had a long time not updating in seahorse.org because I had deeply heart by somebody in seahorse.org. There was once a guy who actively send me a PM from seahorse.org about two years ago and claimed that he was one of the legal supplier in West Australia and he could supply me weedy seadragons and west Australian fish. I had ordered a shipment of Australian Fish from him as a trial. The first shipment was Okay. Afterward he told me that he could supply me some captive breed weedy seadragon. I trusted him and wired all the money to him. At last, I was cheated and never received any fish from him. This guy is now the moderator of seahorse.org. I would not do any update on seahorse.org any more! I had received a high level of education and I also served in the University of Hong Kong as an honorary assistance professor. I am a person who never say somebodies bad things without any evidence. This event teach me a lesson that I can not easily trust anybody from the internet.

Unread 08/05/2009, 09:48 PM   #67
oceanarus
Registered Member

Coralfriend,
I am so sorry to hear this. But you are not alone. I know exactly how you feel. I had a similar situation with someone online. But you should know that you have done great work with fish. And I want to say thank you for posting your experiences. You are an inspiration to us all.

Amy

Unread 08/05/2009, 09:55 PM   #68
ann83
Registered Member

Coralfriend, could you do me a favor and double check that the person you are upset with is actually a moderator on seahorse.org? Since there aren't any male Australian moderators on seahorse.org, it sort of leaves the "blame" up for grabs... and, well, I really just don't want you upset with the org, especially if there is a misunderstanding and the offending party isn't actually a moderator... either way, I'm very sorry that happened to you.

ann83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/05/2009, 10:36 PM   #69
coralfriend
Registered Member

Dear ann83,

Sorry! I have to apologized that I made a big mistake that this guy is not the moderator of the seahorse.org. He is only a member of it. Thank you for correct my bigmistake.

Unread 11/06/2010, 03:28 PM   #70
nwc
Registered Member

Dragons

They are stunning well done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coralfriend View Post
Sorry for not updating for a long time!
There is no special breakthrough in my tank until there comes a ultimate visitor to my tank today!

nwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/18/2011, 09:50 AM   #71
auem
Registered Member

any updates..???

auem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/18/2011, 11:09 AM   #72
kingfisherflesh
Registered Member

As said before...if you were to successfully do this I think you would be the first in the world.

kingfisherflesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/18/2011, 08:37 PM   #73
asid61
Registered Member

First in the world...
That's so cool!

asid61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/19/2011, 11:55 AM   #74
wdt2000
Registered Member

For some reason I thought the Tennessee Aquarium raised them some time ago.

wdt2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/19/2011, 05:21 PM   #75
JuliusJames
ReefB4H**s

Stunning sea dragons!

And admire how you brought them fish back to good health.

Keep up the excellent work!

JuliusJames is offline   Reply With Quote