Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/02/2006, 08:14 PM   #1
Shooter7
Registered Member

Thinking about getting a controller..

Heard about this deal on an AquaController Jr:

http://www.thereefstop.com/catalog/p...roducts_id=398

I'm on a budget, but it seems these things could potentially pay for themselves by preventing a heater stuck on, stuff like that. I'd basically be just using it for temp control, light timer, pH monitoring for now, not trying to control anything. Would this be a good deal anyway for me, or overkill? Any negatives known to this unit? Oh, and I'm not concerned about trying to hook it up through my computer and would use the DC8 attachment, not x10. Thanks for any input.

Current Tank Info: 10 years salty - standard 29g reef - moved from 120 gal reef, 2x250w Reeflux 10k's on ARO electronics and VHO super actinics on Icecap ballast, 2xTunze 6060, MSX 200 skimmer, GEO 612 Ca reactor, mag 12 return
Shooter7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/02/2006, 08:25 PM   #2
cwegescheide
YOU have been ignored!

Well I just got the AC III and I LOVE it... I'm traveling a lot for work and there is no one to watch my tank so I think of this as insurance. I've got 40+ SPS so if I had a problem I'd loose a significant amount of cash. Plus just the time I've spent waiting for my frags to grow!!! LOL so thats why I got one.

The programming is easy. Nothing really to it. I'd say go for it. Very much worth the peace of mind IMO

Chris

cwegescheide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/02/2006, 09:32 PM   #3
Shooter7
Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. Anyone else?

Current Tank Info: 10 years salty - standard 29g reef - moved from 120 gal reef, 2x250w Reeflux 10k's on ARO electronics and VHO super actinics on Icecap ballast, 2xTunze 6060, MSX 200 skimmer, GEO 612 Ca reactor, mag 12 return
Shooter7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/02/2006, 09:39 PM   #4
vwluv10338
Premium Member

I have the Jr with DC8. It took a little while to get the programming down but I love having two fans controlled and kicked on at different temps, and the safety of having my MH shut down if the temp gets too high. The three best things I have purchased for my tank are my AC JR, Tunze, and my GEO calcium reactor. Automate your reef, stability equals success.

Eric

vwluv10338 is offline   Reply With Quote