Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Premium Aquatics
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/06/2012, 08:30 PM   #1
saveafish
Registered Member

They are all sick or dead.

OMG! I went in to see about some new corals or livestock to add. While I was there I saw shimmers that has NOT been cleaned in at least a year or more. MOST of the corals was dead or 1/2 dead and bleached out. With that I saw dead floating fish. Rotting inverts and more. Though the liverock looked good. My question is this. Why do you all not take care of your livestock as well as you do your online customers. BE RESPONSABLE and do some maintance on your tanks and stop killing aquatic life. This is the thing I expect to see at petco. NOT a reef supply.
Just want to know why you cant do the proper thing and do the maintance. And time nor payroll is an excuse.

Current Tank Info: 400g display build, 300g sump, 75g ATO, 75g refug and a few more. Close to a 1000g. 200g mixing station.
saveafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/07/2012, 08:17 AM   #2
Jeremy B.
Registered Member

Hi,

Thank you fro the feedback. I'm not sure what you're referring to about "MOST of the corals was dead or 1/2 dead and bleached out.", as that is certainly not the case. We did, about 2 weeks ago, have an alk spike in our LPS system and lost about 30 pieces total, however these have all been removed, and less than a half dozen that were still hanging on were moved to the discounted tanks on our rock pool side. Our LPS and SPS system looks outstanding right now, with a beautiful selection.

There were no dead, floating fish as you mentioned, as we do twice daily walk throughs and inspection on all of our livestock tanks. The only was this could have happened is if there was a fish that suddenly died during our walk-in hours, at which that point they would not have been "rotting", nor would there have been multiples. The same goes for our invert systems, all of the stock is in excellent shape. Our invert systems always have empty shells in them with the snails and hermits, which these get cleaned our bi-weekly and siphoned. That's just the reality of dealing with inverts.

Protein skimmers get cleaned out here every Monday, so by Friday and Saturday during walk-in hours they are pretty gunked back up. Are some of them corallined up down in the bodies? Sure, but again, that's the reality of them. Our skimmers work very well and very efficiently, thus that's what they're supposed to look like.

I'm sorry if we've done something to make you disgruntled to post this. We want every single customer of ours to be happy, no matter what. Please feel free to email me to jeremy@premiumaquatics.com and we'd be happy to work with you. I'd be more than happy to post some public photos of our livestock sytems and post back here as well.

Jeremy B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/18/2012, 07:04 PM   #3
cbellm
Registered Member

i was there last weekend and I didn't see a thing wrong with the stock or equipment. In fact i had family in town and they couldn't believe the selection and color range of the sps and lps corals.

cbellm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/18/2012, 07:16 PM   #4
mc-cro
(macro)

I have been into P.A. literally dozens of times over the years, during the week, (not on Saturday walk in days) and have never witnessed what you described.

Jeremy runs a top quality shop, and his livestock looks better than most LFS I have seen.

Current Tank Info: 60x26x24 AGE 3 sided starphire
mc-cro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/18/2012, 07:40 PM   #5
thor109
Registered Member.

I was there that week and you could tell things were not normal. I ran into a first time customer and remember telling them to come back as I had never seen the selection that low. I've been going there for almost a year. I've seen all the tanks taking down and thoroughly cleaned. I remember a problem with the clown tank system and all the clowns ended up in the live rock ponds.
I really enjoy going. PA provides a great service. Being able to pick your own live rock from up to 3000 #s is awesome. I've always had fast email responses, even on the weekend.

thor109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/18/2012, 08:29 PM   #6
jcw
Registered Member

with all the grammatical, spelling and plain usage errors in that post, it's hard to take it seriously.

What are shimmers?

-eznet2u

Current Tank Info: 125g DT, custom 30g sump, ATB elegance, eheim 1260, mp40 (too many failed wetsides), gyre 150 (love it)
jcw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/19/2012, 09:14 AM   #7
7Reef
Registered Member

Skimmers not cleaned in a year or more?? LMAO!! Like anyone can tell how long it has been since a skimmer has been cleaned. Definitely a troll!

7Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/19/2012, 10:25 AM   #8
Alex T.
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saveafish View Post
OMG! I went in to see about some new corals or livestock to add. While I was there I saw shimmers that has NOT been cleaned in at least a year or more. MOST of the corals was dead or 1/2 dead and bleached out. With that I saw dead floating fish. Rotting inverts and more. Though the liverock looked good. My question is this. Why do you all not take care of your livestock as well as you do your online customers. BE RESPONSABLE and do some maintance on your tanks and stop killing aquatic life. This is the thing I expect to see at petco. NOT a reef supply.
Just want to know why you cant do the proper thing and do the maintance. And time nor payroll is an excuse.
Since someone brought up the issue of grammar, I figured I'd chime in because this is comical.

1. shimmers...I'm deducing he means skimmers. Spell check wouldn't pick that up, so I guess we can let that one slide.
2. ...has not been cleaned. One skimmer has not been cleaned. Multiple skimmers have not been cleaned. Plural my friend.
3. Corals was dead. One coral "was" dead. Multiple corals "were" dead. Once again....improper use of the plural form.
4. With that I saw dead floating fish.. Starting sentences with prepositions is an infraction of the English language. More appropriately, it could have read, "I also saw dead fish floating".
5. Rotting inverts and more.Though the liverock looked goodThese are not even complete sentences, and could have easily been added to the previous one. I was almost expecting to read "Rotting inverts and more, oh my."
6. My question is this. If you're about to tell us something or make a list, a colon at the end of this sentence would be proper.
7. Why do you all not take care of your livestock as well as you do your online customers. If you're actually going to ask the question you should follow it with a question mark. And with regard to the question, Premium Aquatics is a company, so you all is unnecessary, since you would have been sufficient, but again, unnecesary. I'd rather you wrote y'all and had some more fun with it.
8. BE RESPONSABLE and do some maintance on your tanks and stop killing aquatic life. Wow, this one's chocked full of goodies. Not only did you spell responsible wrong, but you capitalized it so that we'd take special note of it. If you had time to capitalize the whole word, a simple re-read of what you wrote should have screamed back, "NO!!!". However, you did spell aquatic life correctly.Using "and more than once in such a short sentence doesn't sound correctly though. It sounds like me when I was a child explaining to my mom on a Summer's day what really happened to the picture window in the living room. "and then, the ball slipped, and then...
9. This is the thing I expect to see at petco. NOT a reef supply. I assume you meant to write, "This is the sort/kind of thing I expect to see at Petco, not a reef supply."
10.Just want to know why you cant do the proper thing and do the maintance. And time nor payroll is an excuse. Rather than explain...here's the re-write (notice the colon to my right): I'd just like to know why Premium Aquatics can't do the right thing and perform the necessary maintenenance Saying that there's not enough time or help is no excuse.

I don't know if you're a disgruntled employee, former employee or customer that was wronged in some way. What I do know is that it's very difficult for anyone to take you seriously or believe you at all when you write this way. It's one thing to make some spelling mistakes because you're typing fast, but when you're trying to convey your disdain for what's considered one of the best companies in this hobby, you should have your ducks in a row before you sling mud. You could have easily expressed your grievance in another way, or via private message to Premium Aquatics. If you're from another country and English is a second language for you, then I apologize.

Current Tank Info: Currently in reboot mode
Alex T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/25/2012, 06:43 PM   #9
LargeAngels
Premium Member

I like the posters name "saveafish." That say's it all to me.

I've always been a fan of Premium.

LargeAngels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/28/2012, 01:04 PM   #10
KnighthawKz
Registered Member

Best store I been to. Never had any livestock get sick or die

KnighthawKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/29/2012, 04:13 AM   #11
cutegecko3
Registered Member

I had an exceptional sps system for years and it crashed once during a kalkwasser accident. If a person saw my tank the next day, it wouldn't be fair or honest to say that is how my tank always looked.

cutegecko3 is offline   Reply With Quote