Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/24/2017, 09:19 PM   #1
crankbait09
Registered Member

nem home, still waiting

I got my first nem Friday. Got him home, tried to attach him where I wanted him to go.....no dice. He them tumbled across the aquarium to the other side, and had touch down. I could tell by looking at him, that he wasn't gonna stay. There was a lot of flow and he wouldn't relax. I know it's only day #2, but I had a feeling. Now were on day 3 and he has relocated. This time, he has dropped stright down, and wedged himself in to a hole/cave that isn't easily seen unless I search for it. He is around the side of the tank. He planted himself within 3-4" of my duncan coral. I think once the lights come on, he will realize that he doesn't have enough light. SO he will pack up and move again. I could be wrong, but we'll see. Lights come on in a few hours, So it will be interesting to see how he reacts. (the light you see in the photos are from my flashlight)

I fought for months with my duncan coral trying to find him a location he was happy in. He was ****ing me off. Now that I have, the nem decides to move in to the same spot. So I need to move that duncan out of there before the nem kills it. So I get to fight with that relocation all over again. dammit.

Here is a picture of the nems new location that he THINKS is home.

went and looked at the nem to see what kind of progress we were making. It looks like we have gone backwards, maybe.

The nem was on the surface of the rock.....now, for some reason, he is sucking himself even further in to the hole/rock. I mean he has zero light whatsoever. What could this possibly mean?

crankbait09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/25/2017, 05:39 AM   #2
hottuna
Registered Member

" tried to attach him where I wanted him to go" Anemones are not corals..You do not place them where YOU want them to go..They find a spot that suits THEM...just leave it alone, let it settle in.

Unread 12/25/2017, 08:19 AM   #3
crankbait09
Registered Member

went in and checked on him, and now he's in the same spot but completely backwards. His foot is outside the hole, while the rest of him is completely inside. This has be a little concerned due to the fact that that's the home of my firefish. They are within an inch, maybe two of each other

Unread 12/28/2017, 01:10 PM   #4
Papermonkeys
Registered Member

My bubble tip took 4 or 5 days to start to come out (it was hanging upside down super unhappy for 2 of those days)

Now it's out and happy (on the backside of my tank lol)

Hang in there it will most likely turn around

Papermonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/28/2017, 05:33 PM   #5
crankbait09
Registered Member

It did come back out. Still in the same spot. He has attached himself to a side of a rock, vertically. he stretches out enough to where his head is facing towards the light. Can't imagine he'd stay like that, but I could be wrong. He doesn't go in to hiding anymore. So we'll see if he makes anymore moves or if this is seriously his home. I'll post a picture of him today or tomorrow

Unread 12/28/2017, 06:44 PM   #6
BeachVacationer
Registered Member

I have several BTAs and one has made it's home on the bottom side of a rock. It stretches a bit to get some light but he hasn't moved from there for maybe over 6 months. It's doing fine and has bubbled tips. Guess it likes it there. I think when it finds a nice crevice it just stays there. All my other BTAs haven't moved at all. But I keep everything stable, lighting and flow.

BeachVacationer is offline   Reply With Quote