Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Tunze
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/23/2012, 08:45 PM   #1
taowa
Registered Member

Why Tunze wont repair old model

I'm Tunze customer for the past several years with 8 tunzes at home. Last year 61xx and Wavebox were not working so I sent to my local dealer (in Thailand). They ship it oversea to Tunze to fix the problem. After waiting for more than half year, finally I got it back yesterday with the letter that both models cannot repair 'caz it's too old.

With only 4 years of use and very high price tag, is this the responsibility of product owner?

More sad story is Tunze replaces the adapter that sent along with the pump and charge the money. Without fixing the pump but you charge for new adapter, what's for?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.JPG (99.7 KB, 37 views)
taowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/24/2012, 07:37 AM   #2
rvitko
RC Sponsor

The 6261 pump is no longer available, it was replaced by pump 6215, there is an upgrade kit 6261.015 which costs about $200. If you included a phone number or email, they should have tried to contact you to offer this upgrade. I would have to believe there is some sort of issue with communication, possibly due to time difference or not having a way to reach you. While the pump cannot be repaired, it can be upgraded for the same price as the repair would have cost.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/26/2012, 10:53 PM   #3
taowa
Registered Member

my email : taowa@hotmail.com
Please let me know what do I need to do.

taowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/27/2012, 08:04 AM   #4
rvitko
RC Sponsor

Taowa,

I only handle the US repairs and service, you would need to contact Tunze in Germany. You could also just order the motor here-

http://www.tunze.com/118.html?L=1&C=...61.015&x=0&y=0

I would however call the factory as you may be able to get it cheaper and for sure it should be without VAT- 49-8856-2022

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Unread 04/27/2012, 08:04 AM   #5
rvitko
RC Sponsor

Taowa,

I only handle the US repairs and service, you would need to contact Tunze in Germany. You could also just order the motor here-

http://www.tunze.com/118.html?L=1&C=...61.015&x=0&y=0

I would however call the factory as you may be able to get it cheaper and for sure it should be without VAT- 49-8856-2022