Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Arizona - Fish & Reef Aquarium Group (FRAG)
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/23/2010, 05:48 AM   #1
dloveaz
Registered Member

For sale: Aqua C Remora Pro HOB skimmer plus optional pre-skimmer box for $130 OBO

For sale: Aqua C Remora Pro HOB skimmer plus optional pre-skimmer box for $130 OBO

In excellent condition. Comes with the Mag 3 pump which is also in great working order. I paid $125 for the skimmer and another $51 (after shipping) for the optional pre-skimmer box. It is selling on Marinedepot.com for $226.99 just for the skimmer and $42.99 is what I paid new for the pre-skimmer box.

http://www.marinedepot.com/AquaC_Rem...PSHOSI-vi.html

http://www.marinedepot.com/AquaC_Rem...FIPSAC-vi.html

Description
Main Features

AquaC Remora Pro Hang-On, No Pump Features:
•Tank Size (Gallons): 40 to 120
•Skimmer Height: 21.5"
•Minimum Tank Height: 12.75"
•Minimum Overhead Clearance for Proper Function: 6.75"
•Depth: 3.25"
•Width: 7.5"
The revolutionary AquaC protein skimmers do not use venturis, downdraft tubes, or air pumps; they employ the patented "Spray Injection System." This innovation allows the protein skimmer to efficiently draw in much more air than any other of the top protein skimmers. This coupled with the superiorly designed compact reaction chamber yields results that will literally blow the waste out of your water.

"For its compact size and simple design, The AquaC protein skimmer is able to process a large volume of water and efficiently remove organic pollutants. I`m very happy with it!"
Fernando Nosratpour, Senior Aquarist
Birch Aquarium at Scripps

If you are searching for the most compact, efficient, and powerful hang-on-tank skimmer on the market, look no further. AquaC has finished development of the Remora Pro- the most radical design in skimming to date! Using the same patent pending spray-induction system as their acclaimed in-sump skimmers, AquaC`s Remora Pro is simply the best hang-on available today. The Remora Pro is rated for tanks 40 to 120 gallons and requires a scant 3.25" clearance from the back of the tank. That is slim! You`ll appreciate its low profile, only 7.5" of vertical clearance is required. The Pro comes standard with a low-wattage, yet forceful Rio 1400 or Mag Drive 3 pump, adjustable collection cup, and a special baffle system which prevents any bubbles from entering the aquarium. The Remora Pro produces so much foam you won`t believe it till you see it in operation. The Remora Pro is only 21.5" x 7.5" x 3.25". That`s right, it is still one of the smallest hang-on skimmers in the industry. This is made possible due to the use of the effiicient spray-induction system found on all AquaC skimmers.

The AquaC Remora Series is the first hang-on protein skimmer under $250 to be able to generate a dry consistency of foam that previously only an in-sump "super-skimmer" is capable of. This is especially true of the AquaC Remora Pro.

Description
Main Features

The AquaC Remora and Remora Pro are undoubtedly the most efficient hang on skimmers available today, and what better than an accessory that boosts their performance by as much as 20%! The AquaC Surface Prefilter is a special box designed to hide the skimmer pump, thereby creating a more aesthetically pleasing aquarium. The Surface Prefilter isn`t just about looks, however. Ever notice that oily "skin" on the top of your aquarium? The Surface Prefilter skims water off the top of the tank, which is often coated with a heavy load of organics. This can improve skimming by as much as 20% (much darker, smellier foam), and the prefilter has a slotted edge just like an expensive overflow box. The Surface Prefilter also contains a bubble eliminating sponge to get rid of those microbubbles that sometimes escape back to the aquarium. The water return area can also serve as a media chamber for those who choose to use activated carbon or phosphate removing compounds.

The Surface Prefilter installs in seconds and requires no tools - just attach to the pump and turn your Remora or Remora Pro hang on skimmer into a waste removing machine!

dloveaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/23/2010, 05:50 AM   #2
dloveaz
Registered Member

Will possibly trade for corals or something you might have, just let me know. Thanks.

Darren Kaplan
darrenkaplan@cox.net
602-751-8850

Unread 03/23/2010, 08:32 AM   #3
badfish
Premium Member

Email sent

Current Tank Info: Not big enough.
badfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/23/2010, 09:55 AM   #4
ScrubberOTanky
Moved On

IBTL. Sorry man gotta have 50+ posts and be a member for 90+ days before they will let you sell stuff here.

ScrubberOTanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/23/2010, 12:19 PM   #5
badfish
Premium Member

Oops, I didn't even notice.

Current Tank Info: Not big enough.
badfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/24/2010, 04:43 AM   #6
dloveaz
Registered Member

ahh thanks for the fyi; i always wondered what that 50/90 thing was.

Unread 03/24/2010, 04:44 AM   #7
dloveaz
Registered Member

how can i tell how many posts i have and how many days?

price drop to $120

Unread 03/24/2010, 04:48 AM   #8
dloveaz
Registered Member

ok found the # of posts and signup date for my account.

Unread 03/15/2011, 07:58 PM   #9
mndfreeze
Invert Sexy Time!

If it hasn't sold by this coming weekend I'll take it.

mndfreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/19/2011, 08:47 PM   #10
dloveaz
Registered Member

sorry, this was sold a while back.

Tags
aqua c, aquac, hob skimmer, mag, remora