Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Aquaforest
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/08/2017, 12:24 PM   #1
jordix
Registered Member

Fish-V dosing

hi there, i want to use fish-v not with food just in the water so i dont know the dose, the leaflet only tell to dose 1 drop per food cube but how much in the water? and important: how often?
thank you

jordix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/09/2017, 06:58 AM   #2
plyle02
Registered Member

This is rich in vitamins, I would not dose more than 2-3 times per week. Keep an eye on glass algae/film, and dose 1 drop per 27 gallons. I used it once per week on my 120 gallon reef, with large colonies. I used only 2 drops on food, I did see marked improvement in fish color and health. I suspect the corals will also have use for these vitamins and the waste of fish. Like anything you dose, dose and observe, start 1/2 dose to break in the product, and test nutrient levels. The product is designed to dose macro or saturated into thawing frozen foods. I use LRS Reef Frenzy FWIW, which already has natural vitamins and probiotics. Cheers

"Anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die" ~Buddha~

Current Tank Info: 50 Gallon AIO Cube, Aquamaxx WS-1 Skimmer, LED/ Hybrid 4x24 watt t5
plyle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/11/2017, 03:11 AM   #3
jordix
Registered Member

thank you, is it necessary to keep rfrigerated?
i want vitamins for my seahorses. yesterday i tried it with frozen food and they ate it well so maybe i will dose with food and not in the water as i thought at first so dosing this way do you still think its enough 2-3 times per week or may be too much?, its only 2 seahorses (and some snails and thor shrimps) in a small 60 litres tank eating frozen mysis and artemia.
thank you again

Unread 06/12/2017, 05:54 AM   #4
plyle02
Registered Member

Hello,
No it is not necessary for any products to be held in fridge. Energy and Pro Bio S should be kept in 76 degrees F or cooler, so if your home's ambient temp is higher, then to the fridge they go. I live in FL, I mine go in the fridge Your plan of 2-3 times per week soaked in frozen thawing food is best bet to get these vitamins to the animals. This would be by approach in your situation. 2 drops per each thawing should be correct dose. If you choose to, you may also do 1 drop on thawing each day. Cheers.

Current Tank Info: 50 Gallon AIO Cube, Aquamaxx WS-1 Skimmer, LED/ Hybrid 4x24 watt t5
Unread 06/15/2017, 10:20 AM   #5
jordix
Registered Member

thanks for your support, here (south of spain) we are in summer and suffering heat wave, arround 104F, this is hell!

Unread 06/15/2017, 02:00 PM   #6
plyle02
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordix View Post
thanks for your support, here (south of spain) we are in summer and suffering heat wave, arround 104F, this is hell!
Yes that is HOT!!!