Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Advanced Topics
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/01/2006, 03:43 PM   #1
brandon1982
Registered Member

Question Hitchhiker Clam on LR

I was moving my LR around yesterday trying to get a better look for the back of my tank. There is this One piece of LR that I especially like and so i decided to pull it to the front, while doing so I noticed this strange looking "TOMOR" like thing growing from the side of it. It looked cool so I faced it forwards on the bottom. About an hour after I finished I looked at the Tank and noticed that the Tumor was cracked open a bit and there was a clear "straw" coming out of it, thats whenit dawned on me that it was either a muscle or a clam.

The Clam (which is what I think it looks like) is mounted on the bottom of a piece of LR (this piece of LR is loaded with life, 10 fan worms, bristle worms, and all kinds of other colorful micro filter feeders coming out of all sorts of cracks, and some sort of tiny colorless nightime polyp that I rarely see unless the lights are off). the clam is attached on its side to the rock and unless its is open you can't really tell if its part of the LR or something else, it definately has great camoflauge! If anyone else has these or has seen these I would love to know more about it!

Current Tank Info: 10 Gallon Nano W/ 96W Powerquad
brandon1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/01/2006, 03:44 PM   #2
brandon1982
Registered Member

*TUMOR

Current Tank Info: 10 Gallon Nano W/ 96W Powerquad
brandon1982 is offline   Reply With Quote