Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/22/2018, 03:11 AM   #1
THEUNION1
Registered Member

Best doser

Ok so i have a Neptune dos kit. Issue is it only has two heads so I am now considering replacing it.

What doser can i get that will be compatible with my Apex and also be able to dose up to 5 fluids or even be expandable to more? Money isn't an issue so best bang for "my buck" isn't the question.

THEUNION1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/22/2018, 03:22 AM   #2
homer1475
Registered Member

None to be honest. Only thing you'll use as far as the apex and a doser, is the EB8 to plug it in.

Anything I can think of that has 5 heads is a standalone unit.

Purely out of curiosity, why 5 pump heads? Unless your dosing zeovit or something I could see needing 4. ALK, CAL, MAG, and a carbon source(nopox, vinegar, vodka, etc). I have 5 heads on my KoreFifth, but only use 2.

Originally posted by der_wille_zur_macht:

"He's just taking his lunch to work"
homer1475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/22/2018, 03:41 AM   #3
THEUNION1
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer1475 View Post
None to be honest. Only thing you'll use as far as the apex and a doser, is the EB8 to plug it in.

Anything I can think of that has 5 heads is a standalone unit.

Purely out of curiosity, why 5 pump heads? Unless your dosing zeovit or something I could see needing 4. ALK, CAL, MAG, and a carbon source(nopox, vinegar, vodka, etc). I have 5 heads on my KoreFifth, but only use 2.
Ah ok cool. I will look for an expandable one.

I dose, ALK, MAG, CAL, VODKA, IRON, POHL'S - B-Balance, K-Balance, Amino Acids and Coral Vitalizer. All daily accept Aminos which i do every other day. I will only continue to dose Iodine manually every other day once i have a doser to do it all for me.

Unread 04/22/2018, 07:06 AM   #4
mcgyvr
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEUNION1 View Post
Money isn't an issue so best bang for "my buck" isn't the question.
clearly not as some of the stuff you are dosing is $$$$$ uber pricey (B/K balance,etc...)..
I hope you can clearly see a difference when using it (I doubt it but..whatever)

No way I could justify using that stuff.. I've used red sea aminos in the past for a bit just to try it out and couldn't tell the difference at all..

Unread 04/22/2018, 07:32 AM   #5
THEUNION1
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgyvr View Post
clearly not as some of the stuff you are dosing is $$$$$ uber pricey (B/K balance,etc...)..
I hope you can clearly see a difference when using it (I doubt it but..whatever)

No way I could justify using that stuff.. I've used red sea aminos in the past for a bit just to try it out and couldn't tell the difference at all..
I didn't even ask you any of that Mr. Blunt but thanks.

Unread 04/22/2018, 07:37 AM   #6
Whiskylen
Registered Member

If you want to control the dosers with an apex BRS individual dosers work. The nice thing with them is if they fail you just replace one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whiskylen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/22/2018, 07:38 AM   #7
ca1ore
Grizzled & Cynical

Been using the GHL Doser 2 plus slave for about three years and it's been reliable. I personally find the web interface a bit cludgy, but otherwise a quality unit. While it's certainly convenient to have everything go through the apex, I'm a long believer in NOT having all eggs in one basket.

Got back into the hobby ..... planned to keep it simple ..... yeah, right ..... clearly I need a new plan! Pet peeve: anemones host clowns; clowns do not host anemones!

Current Tank Info: 450 Reef; 120 refugium; 60 Frag Tank, 30 Introduction tank; multiple QTs
ca1ore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/22/2018, 07:48 AM   #8
THEUNION1
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskylen View Post
If you want to control the dosers with an apex BRS individual dosers work. The nice thing with them is if they fail you just replace one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats not a bad idea. Thanks.