Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Reef Fishes
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/14/2018, 03:42 PM   #1
danromero87
Registered Member

Copper Band eating issue

I know everyone says copper bands are picky eaters. I have been able to keep mine alive for over a year. I have been feeding him a combination of live black worms, mysis shrimp, and clams. He favors Black worms so that’s his primary diet. He used to be able to suck them up like spaghetti, but recently he can’t seem to catch any of them even when I’m target feeding him. He lunged for it and tries to eat them but always misses. I don’t have a clue as to why he can’t get them anymore. I know he sees them he just can’t grasp them or suck them up like he used to. Any ideas?

danromero87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/14/2018, 05:39 PM   #2
Cliving1
Registered Member

Did you change the flow? Could you try turning it low or off? Can it eat other food in the water?

Cliving1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/15/2018, 04:48 PM   #3
danromero87
Registered Member

I use the Hydro smart wave to turn off the the flow during feedings. I got super lucky with him in that he will eat/pick at anything. just feed him mysis today with tongs but again his aim is way off. I only have two other fish in my 100 gallon and its a battle target feeding him with just those two.

danromero87 is offline   Reply With Quote