Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Seahorses & Pipefish
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/14/2007, 07:45 PM   #1
3fins
Registered Member

Wink Dwarf seahorse tank come sooooon!!!! advise NEEDED

ook ive just fineshed the hood of the tank, curently i have
3g picotope
azoo power filter (12 extrafileters)
heater
hood
lighting

i will post pics soon
but i need live brine shrimp and a hatchery
live rock ( hydroid free) and black sand
and also i will add a buntch of algea and jazz to the tank but i also would like to no witch corals to put in. thanx
for your time 3fins

3fins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/14/2007, 08:15 PM   #2
ReefNutPA
Registered Member

You shouldn't add any macroalgae without treating it for hydroids - and not all macroalgae can withstand a panacur treatment.

Also, the majority of dwarf keepers do not add corals in the tank. Water quality and conditions aren't to most corals liking.

You'll need to use decapsulated brine shrimp eggs, which you can purchase online from seahorsesource.com or you can decap your own. I prefer to buy them because I don't want to deal with the hassle of doing it myself.

Any other questions/help you need..ask away!

Tom

ReefNutPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/14/2007, 08:29 PM   #3
3fins
Registered Member

the rock is from seawaterexpress.com

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,but by the moments that take our breath away. ~Unknown

----->Danm My Spel Cheker<---------
Unread 03/14/2007, 08:35 PM   #4
3fins
Registered Member

thanx for your help...do u know any brightly colored to add to the tank, and also is this set up ok? the rock is from seawater express, the say its hydorid free...so what can i put in it with the seahorses, any iverts, ...besides the hermit crabs and snails. I just bought the Guied To Dwarf Seahosers..by A**** **** somthimg i forget. But is there any tips u could give me, if u also could get a pic of your tank? that would be swwwwwwwweeeeeeeet!!!!!!! thanx so mutch for your time and help, im a newbie at this and its nice to get some help from experts.
3fins

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,but by the moments that take our breath away. ~Unknown

----->Danm My Spel Cheker<---------
Unread 03/14/2007, 09:00 PM   #5
ReefNutPA
Registered Member

If you click on my photo gallery, a pic of my dwarf tank is shown along with some of my dwarfs.

I also have live rock from SWE, and it is indeed hydroid free. I have nothing in with my dwarfs except a few spaghetti worms that were hitchhikers on the LR I got from SWE.

IMO, you don't want any hermits in with dwarfs. Some snails are ok, but I don't have any. Just remember... ANYTHING that is alive that you add to the tank needs to be treated with panacur for hydroids - and this includes the snails! Only some snails will survive the treatment.

There is a lot of good information in the book you bought. I'm sure you'll gain a lot of knowledge from it. If you have questions on anything in the book or questions you need help with, just lemme know.

There are lots of tips I could give you - but I'd end up writing a book myself if I tried to write them all down LOL. Feel free to PM me with a bunch of questions if you have any.

Tom

ReefNutPA is offline   Reply With Quote