Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Greater San Francisco Bay Area Reef Forum
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/03/2007, 06:26 PM   #1
Sparkss
Registered Member

Question PBT, PBT or hybrid experiences

I am looking for experiences with Powder Brown, Poweder Blue or more specifically Hybrid tangs. I am more interested in how they conducted themselves and how agressive they were (or became). I had heard stories of PBTs attacking and killing tank mates, but I would like to put it all into context. IE: How big was the tank? what did it attack and/or kill ? Which one was added first ? (the PBT of what it attacked) and anything else that might help us to make an informed purchasing decision.

Thanks

Current Tank Info: 380 starfire inwall ,two 150g sump/fuge. Volcano Ca RX, ato, 6' Volcano skimmer. LAIIIs w/400w AquaConnect 14K on IC EBallasts
Sparkss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/03/2007, 10:17 PM   #2
mobert
Registered Member

My PBT is very aggressive towards my lawnmower and Hippo tang. The Hippo is pretty fast and just gets out of the way. My poor lawnmower now has to sit in the corner or in the rocks. He looks a little thin (probably better for him than the obese guy he used to be). My PBT is about three inches, the Hippo is half dollar size and the lawnmower 5-6 inches and an old resident of the tank. Tank is 210 gallon. Beautiful fish but he wrecks the peaceful karma with him dive bombing the lawnmower. No wounded fish, just harassment.

mobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/03/2007, 11:11 PM   #3
Qwiv
Persistant Perspective

My PBT attackes my LMB as well.

Current Tank Info: 50Cube + 250DD + Nano
Qwiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/03/2007, 11:42 PM   #4
Psionicdragon
Registered Member

My PBt usually gets beat up haha, but its a tough guy if there isn't ick involved.