Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/17/2012, 10:06 AM   #1
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Exclamation Pay No Sales Tax

Pay No Sales Tax

We've got a nice tax season special going on. Just place your order online and don’t worry about the tax. For California residents, you’ll need to enter coupon code NOCALTAX during checkout to take advantage of this special offer.

California shoppers will see the sales tax savings on your invoice as a California Residence Special Discount (per California tax regulation). This promotion applies to online orders only and will not be honored for will call or catalog purchases.

MarineDepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/19/2012, 08:30 AM   #2
Oblivionis
Registered Member

So this discount is only for California residents?

Current Tank Info: 120g reef
Oblivionis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/19/2012, 09:23 AM   #3
jbaeza83
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivionis View Post
I think that non-california residents dont pay sales tax at marinedepot anyway. I think they can only charge you sales tax for an item if its being bought in the same state that its being sold. I might be wrong though, someone correct me if I am.

jbaeza83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/19/2012, 09:52 AM   #4
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Thumbs up Sales Tax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivionis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaeza83 View Post
I think that non-california residents dont pay sales tax at marinedepot anyway. I think they can only charge you sales tax for an item if its being bought in the same state that its being sold. I might be wrong though, someone correct me if I am.
Hi, Oblivionis! Thank you for your question!

jbaeza83 is right, actually... we only charge sales tax to California residents since that is our home state. However, since it's tax season and all, we figured we'd give California natives a break and cover the tax for them. If you're outside of California, you never have to pay sales tax, you lucky dogs, you!

Last edited by MarineDepot; 04/19/2012 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Clarity
Unread 04/22/2012, 10:04 AM   #5
918ReefCpl
Registered Member

Arizona now requires you to report any internet purchases on your AZ income tax form 140A (Line 30).

Use tax is due when tax was not paid on purchases made over the Internet, through toll-free numbers, from mail order catalogs and from out-of-state locations. An individual will use their Arizona individual income tax form to report unpaid use tax.

For more info read:
http://www.azdor.gov/LinkClick.aspx?...Z0%3d&tabid=74

918ReefCpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/22/2012, 05:41 PM   #6
kevin32
Registered Member

How come Will-call dont qualify for this offer? I dont get it. If i can pick up instead of shipping, with the money save on shipping I can get other things and probably create more revenue for Marinedepot. I still dont get why will-call dont qualifty.

Last edited by kevin32; 04/22/2012 at 05:48 PM.
kevin32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/23/2012, 10:14 AM   #7
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Question Will Call and Sales Tax

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin32 View Post
How come Will-call dont qualify for this offer? I dont get it. If i can pick up instead of shipping, with the money save on shipping I can get other things and probably create more revenue for Marinedepot. I still dont get why will-call dont qualifty.
Hi kevin32, thank you for your question. The NOCALTAX coupon is something we occasionally offer California hobbyists to save some dough off their online orders. We haven't offered it for Will Call customers before, but it's definitely something we'll consider now that you've brought it to our attention.

Unread 04/23/2012, 11:26 PM   #8
kevin32
Registered Member

I meant to say no tax for Will-call for this tax-season promotion only.

kevin32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/24/2012, 10:57 AM   #9
gweston
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 918ReefCpl View Post
Arizona now requires you to report any internet purchases on your AZ income tax form 140A (Line 30).

Use tax is due when tax was not paid on purchases made over the Internet, through toll-free numbers, from mail order catalogs and from out-of-state locations. An individual will use their Arizona individual income tax form to report unpaid use tax.

For more info read:
http://www.azdor.gov/LinkClick.aspx?...Z0%3d&tabid=74
My state (MA) also has such a clause.

But, as corporations are considered people these days, I'd suggest incorporating yourself in the Bahamas. When they come for you for that $25 in unclaimed taxes, inform them that it doesn't apply to you, because you are a corporation based offshore. When they digress, tell them to talk to the Supreme Court. The logic being that if corporations are people, people are also corporations.

Yes. I am joking there

gweston is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
california, coupon code, coupon codes, sale, tax