Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > EcoTech Marine
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/22/2015, 09:00 PM   #26
port43
Registered Member

Being in the IT industry, it is fairly difficult to program an application to work across all platforms (mac, linux, windows- and the dozens of different versions and oddities of each operating system). To minimize the headaches- most companies program a web interface that works with common web browsers that work on the earlier mentioned operating systems. For instance, chrome and firefox work on several different platforms- in almost identical ways.

You still have the oddities of web browsers changing their code and then the application ecotech authored will develop a bug- but those are hopefully far and few between.

Make sure your computer is 100% up to date on system updates and browser updates (go to chrome and make sure its latest greatest). I used chrome today and it worked like a champ where I had issues last week that were frustrating.

port43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/04/2015, 10:42 AM   #27
Darren_sims
Registered Member

Having the exact same problem with Eco smart, although mine are flashing red on the control panel too
If I don't get it sorted soon I'll have some very expensive sps dying!

Did you manage to sort yours out fella?

Last edited by Darren_sims; 10/04/2015 at 11:23 AM.
Darren_sims is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/08/2015, 08:57 AM   #28
SchnitzelReef
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_sims View Post
Having the exact same problem with Eco smart, although mine are flashing red on the control panel too
If I don't get it sorted soon I'll have some very expensive sps dying!

Did you manage to sort yours out fella?

Nope not yet, had these lights for going on 2 months and still haven't used them because I can't get ecosmart live to work, so there is no way to program them. SO frustrating.

Going into work late today, so I'm sitting on hold right now with ecosmart. So far it's been 3 minutes and haven't talked to anyone yet. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can get these $2000 lights working today.

SchnitzelReef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/08/2015, 09:11 AM   #29
SchnitzelReef
Registered Member

Spent about 15 minutes on the phone and Ecosmart was able to get the lights working. A little frustrating not being able to do it myself, but it's all taken care of now so I'm a happy camper.

Unread 10/20/2015, 08:53 PM   #30
E.intheC
Registered Member

I'm having the exact same issue as you, OP.. what did the Customer Service folks at Ecotech suggest to finally get it working?

Unread 10/21/2015, 09:20 AM   #31
SchnitzelReef
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.intheC View Post
I'm having the exact same issue as you, OP.. what did the Customer Service folks at Ecotech suggest to finally get it working?

Get a new computer. No matter what I tried, it wouldn't work on my brand new $1000 Dell laptop. I ended up just buying a Reeflink. It worked perfectly on my IMac.

Unread 10/21/2015, 09:26 AM   #32
E.intheC
Registered Member

Wow. Glad the reef link worked out for you though.

I ended up running Firefox and also noticed that I wasn't logged into the same email address that I used to sign up for eco smart live back in 2014. Once I used that email address everything worked perfectly. I felt kinda dumb. But that should be more obvious.

Unread 10/21/2015, 09:57 AM   #33
theman772
Registered Member

Okay plug in your lights go to echotec live and call customer support they can take it from there also they told me to turn off the buttons (they did it 4 me)I am not sure why but I think the ecosmart live sucks hours spent trying to figure it out

theman772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/05/2015, 08:17 AM   #34
nanoluis
Registered Member

This is where I stand. After 2 weeks of opening a number of different emails and using different browsers I was able to register and download the ecosmartlive. Now it has been impossible to install it I continue to get an error message when trying to install the connection manager. This is the error message:To open “EcoSmartLiveConnectionManagerSetup” you need to install the legacy Java*SE*6 runtime.

I called customer support and they assure me that if I deleted newer java updates that I would be able to install the connection manager. I have done that, well think I have, and I continue to get the same error message. Man this is so frustrating, I have the lights that I really wanted and cant do nothing more than basic settings.

Can someone please help me, what do I need to do here now? How can I erase java totally out of the computer so I can install the java version that allows the connection manager to be install, or is this crazy?

nanoluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/24/2016, 09:08 PM   #35
Rudimenta
Registered Member

same issues here, jesus this is a bit of crap software... i tried over 3 computers.... cant make a new aquarium setup... defiantly not going to buy reeflink, ill look at the wxm

Current Tank Info: 770 Display 205l Sump, 100l Nano
Rudimenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/20/2018, 06:14 PM   #36
E.intheC
Registered Member

Running into the same issue again. The time on the software says “9:55pm” no matter what the actual time is or how often I program (via “automatic” or custom process. Frustrating that something so easy is so difficult.

It’s especially frustrating because clicking the “now” button always selects the correct time. Very strange.

Unread 10/25/2018, 04:10 PM   #37
E.intheC
Registered Member

Still messed up. Tried on Firefox as well

Unread 10/27/2018, 08:59 AM   #38
mfinn
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.intheC View Post
Still messed up. Tried on Firefox as well
Not saying this is your issue, but when I've had problems getting software to work,( any), I try a computer reboot.
Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't.

Unread 10/27/2018, 09:10 AM   #39
E.intheC
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfinn View Post
Not saying this is your issue, but when I've had problems getting software to work,( any), I try a computer reboot.
Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't.
Thanks for the tip. I tried that just now. Did not work.

I think it's an Ecotech issue because the time that displays at the top of the Ecosmart software says, for example, 8:38pm. However, I click the time, then "custom" and click "now" and it always shows the correct time. The time displayed on the software doesn't ever change though. It reverts to whatever time was set previously.

I tried it on Safari, Chrome, and Firefox browsers, have logged out and logged back in, I've deleted and created my profile, all to no avail. I like Ecotech products but this is frustrating to say the least. Luckily it's only one light and over my softy tank.

Unread 10/27/2018, 09:14 AM   #40
E.intheC
Registered Member

I also did a factory reset of the Radion.

Unread 11/11/2018, 08:43 PM   #41
dkevink
Registered Member

Maybe I am lucky, but I connect to one radion Xr30 Gen 3 pro via micro usb, and I can control all my lights. I have 3 tanks with radion Xr30 30 Gen 3 pros on them. I was thinking of getting a reeflink until I figured out the lights can talk to each other.

dkevink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/19/2018, 06:23 PM   #42
JMetaxas
Registered Member

I recently set up 3 XR30's Gen 4's. One would not be recognized, but after a few tries, I got it set up.

I'm using an Apple MacBook. I'm a happy camper.

JMetaxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/07/2019, 10:10 PM   #43
jjencek
Registered Member

I did not have any problems the first day, but after a PC hard reboot, every time I went online nothing worked. Clicking on anything had no response.

I was using latest Chrome. I tried it in Firefox and it worked just fine. Once I got it working in Firefox, Chrome was also fine.

Weird.

jjencek is offline   Reply With Quote