Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/13/2014, 01:34 PM   #26
MikesReef83
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by that Fish Guy View Post
Kessil is Finally Coming Out with their Own Controller so you do not need to Spend 500.00 on an Apex or get a Blue Fish to Control your Kessils anymore.

Plus I am sure that there will be more Options with the Propietary Kessil Controller.

Check it out.

https://www.facebook.com/Kessil.LED
I don't see anything on their Facebook page. Am I missing somthing?

MikesReef83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/13/2014, 01:34 PM   #27
that Fish Guy
Frag Swap Crusader!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikesReef83 View Post
I don't see anything on their Facebook page. Am I is sing somthing?
Second Photo Down

May 6th

that Fish Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/13/2014, 01:36 PM   #28
MikesReef83
Registered Member

Ok. I seen that posting before. Is that what that is? It just looked like a black box. Hard to tell.

Unread 05/13/2014, 01:38 PM   #29
ganjero
saiperchémibatteilcorazon

Yes it look like a black with a a shaped foam where the new product fits, and it looks like a small device. Maybe a handheld light for night viewing/exploring? A controller would be a lot better though.

ganjero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/15/2014, 10:11 AM   #30
that Fish Guy
Frag Swap Crusader!

It was just officially announced on Reef Builders.com

Check it out if you do not believe me.

Unread 05/15/2014, 10:50 AM   #31
MikesReef83
Registered Member

Looks awesome. I see how you connect via micro usb for power but how do the actual light hook to this? I guess just by the 0v- 100v 1/8" cord?

Unread 05/15/2014, 10:54 AM   #32
Crimson
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by that Fish Guy View Post
It was just officially announced on Reef Builders.com

Check it out if you do not believe me.
Did you have drink a gallon of coffee today lol? I saw your other topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Current Tank Info: 36x18x12 AIO Peninsula, T5's 2x Kessil a160we
Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/15/2014, 11:01 AM   #33
MikesReef83
Registered Member

Lol I seen him anounce it in like 4 different threads .

Unread 05/15/2014, 11:30 AM   #34
Scorpius
Stick Head

I can't wait till the end of summer for the Kessil Controller!!! It's just what I've been wanting.

Scorpius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/17/2014, 04:53 AM   #35
percula99
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwill View Post
I just hooked my two new A360W's up with my reefkeeper Elite with ALC module. Works pretty slick! DimA does the intensity and DimB does color. Single control wire with slave wire to second fixture like Reefvet said. I'm interested to hear what color percentage people are running with the controller. I'm still playing but like the crisp look of 75% for right now.
Hi Billwill. I just got my ALC module hooked up with my ReefKeeler Lite. I contacted Digital Aquatics and they assured me it would work great with my Kessil a360W-E. I have three of them connected with daisy chain cables but I cannot figure out how to programm them for dimA and dimB with ramp up and intensity. Can you take the time to describe the procedure please?

Current Tanks: 180 gallon reef. 270 lbs live rock. SPS, LPS and softies. 3 Kessil A360W-E pendants and 2 Evergrow IT-5080 fixtures.
percula99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/17/2014, 06:32 AM   #36
Msoar16
Registered Member

Reef Angel, control you lights for just $25 with the Kessil cable and you've got complete control of intensity and color ramping.

Msoar16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/17/2014, 09:12 AM   #37
that Fish Guy
Frag Swap Crusader!

Quote:
Originally Posted by percula99 View Post
Hi Billwill. I just got my ALC module hooked up with my ReefKeeler Lite. I contacted Digital Aquatics and they assured me it would work great with my Kessil a360W-E. I have three of them connected with daisy chain cables but I cannot figure out how to programm them for dimA and dimB with ramp up and intensity. Can you take the time to describe the procedure please?
Should be easy with Kessils New Controller that was just announced.

Unread 05/17/2014, 09:57 AM   #38
billwill
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by percula99 View Post

Sure! Here are some pictures and some explanations.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400341574.742850.jpg first got to make sure you've got the right da cable for these lights.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400341632.025593.jpg second is don't touch the pods or sdo outputs. The last two are dimA and dimB, but I renamed to bright and color
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400341749.842197.jpg go to function: advanced light
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400341805.475699.jpg then set your intensity, timer, and ramp time. Don't touch bottom two. Intensity is intensity. Timer is on/off. Ramp time can mess you up. That's time it takes for timer start to get to full intensity. It's also the time it ramps down to zero AFTER timer end time. It's also the time it takes FOR ANY CHANGES YOU MAKE to happen. I suggest leaving it at zero while you're dialing in your color and intensity preferences.
That was for brightness, same steps for the color channel (or dimB or whatever you end up changing name to). Color ramps from zero (full blue) to 100 (ultra bright white). I have mine set at 70%, and ramp it down to full blue on same timer as intensity.
Hope this helps!

billwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/17/2014, 10:14 AM   #39
hdking
Registered Member

percula what that means is without a controller the first light in the chain controlls the other ones. just make sure the cords are in the proper in or out ports. i have 3 360we on my 180 (72x24x24) and are plugged into an apex but dasie chaining the lights are the same.

hdking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/17/2014, 09:15 PM   #40
percula99
Registered Member

I have the right cable to connect them with. I got it from Digital Aquatics and the daisy chaining is set in the right direction but I still can't get it to work. I don't have a Dim A or Dim B setting anywhere in any of the menus. I have the on/off timer set up and the lights do come on and off, but when I plug the ALC module in it just turns all the lights off immediately. As I mentioned I am using a ReefKeeper Lite which DA assures me will work and the menus are different from your photos Billwill. I have an email in to DA for instructions but they have not replied yet.

Current Tanks: 180 gallon reef. 270 lbs live rock. SPS, LPS and softies. 3 Kessil A360W-E pendants and 2 Evergrow IT-5080 fixtures.
Unread 05/17/2014, 11:55 PM   #41
billwill
Registered Member

You have the cable with two small molex connectors that connect into 0-10v A B ports on the ALC? If you do, and the ALC is plugged into the RKL, you should be able to navigate to Menu/modules/ALC/DIM A and set the parameters. I assume you're using their online application guides for both the RKL and ALC as opposed to their user and QuickStart guides?

billwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/18/2014, 09:34 AM   #42
percula99
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwill View Post
You have the cable with two small molex connectors that connect into 0-10v A B ports on the ALC? If you do, and the ALC is plugged into the RKL, you should be able to navigate to Menu/modules/ALC/DIM A and set the parameters. I assume you're using their online application guides for both the RKL and ALC as opposed to their user and QuickStart guides?
Yes, I have the proper cable connected to 0-10V A and B ports. I bought the cable recommended by DA and it is plugged into the RKL. The menus are slightly different than what you describe, but should still work. I have the Lite and you have the Elite. The instructions for the Elite show you going to Menu/Modules/ALC/Dim A but the Lite does not work that way. I have to go to Menu/Outputs/Dim A.

Here is what I have to do.

Menu/Outputs/Dim A
- Mode: Auto
- Function; Advanced Light
- Ramp: 90
- Intensity: 75
- Temp: None
- Timer: 01

Menu/Outputs/Dim B
- Mode: Auto
- Function; Advanced Light
- Ramp: 90
- Intensity: 75
- Temp: None
- Timer: 01

Menu/Timers/Timer 01
- DOW: SMTWTFS
- Start : 09:00:00A
- On Duration: 11:59:00
- Off Duration: 00:00:00
- Repeat Count: 00
- Oscillate: OFF

And the lights still did not come on this morning. The lights are all daisy chained together so if I program timer 01 and have it plugged into outlet 1 it should work. Or am I missing something else?

Unread 09/19/2014, 05:53 AM   #43
erictorres0311
Registered Member

I know it's kinda off an old thread, but where you able to figure it out? I just got my alc module and 360. Trying to tweak things around.

erictorres0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/20/2014, 01:24 PM   #44
percula99
Registered Member

I never did get it sorted out. I did borrow a new SID from a buddy because I did not want to buy a new one and was able to update all the firmware to the latest version, but that still did not work out. The new Kessil controller is out now and I will be buying one this week.

Unread 09/22/2014, 06:52 AM   #45
jlantz1982
Registered Member

I have the controller too. My husband bought it but he passed away before it came. I could use some help setting it up. When you get yours going, could you tell me what you have your settings/schedule at? I'm kinda lost.

jlantz1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/19/2014, 06:09 AM   #46
philt
Registered Member

Reefkeeper and Kessil

I am continuously frustrated by the lack of support from Digital Aquatics.
I cant understand why they cant at least publish operation manuals, heck if its too expensive to print an 8X10 piece of paper and insert it in the bag with the module, at least put something up on your web.

This thing is HORRIBLY designed and I am a professional programmer for industrial PLCs like AB, Siemens, etc. I program these for a living so if I cant get the ALC to work with the Kessils, GOOD LUCK.

I will be returning my ALC today and purchasing the Kessil controller, at least they have instructions.

STAY FAR AWAY FROM the Reefkeeper ALC with the Kessils unless you want to be pulling your hair out awaiting an email response from DA.

philt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a370w controller, apex, kessil, neptune