Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/13/2015, 05:20 PM   #76
bower23
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coelli View Post
The drama in your posts is overwhelming. What you're failing to see is that you yourself basically called Apex users dumb right from your very first post, saying they're all being "cheated," "ripped off," etc. Implying they're too dumb to see it and Neptune just sees them as cash cows. Even your thread title implies we need to be "saved" from something. Then when people said no, actually they prefer the a la carte option you took it personally and went on to say that they don't understand design or manufacturing (but you do), can't think outside of the box, are unoriginal, etc. I'm happy to go back through the thread and point out the language if you aren't clear on where you rubbed people the wrong way. You get what you give, and you started giving from your very first post and never let up. Please stop playing the victim because people disagreed with you and your tone. It's just a forum.

We all want innovation. Personally I am VERY much looking forward to the Mindstream system which will most likely be supported by Neptune. I'll happily buy the module for it when it comes out, if it happens to need one to integrate with my Apex. I am hoping it does everything they say it will, at which point I will probably also buy a Neptune DOS and start dosing instead of using kalk. I'll also be glad I chose not to buy the salinity module and probe, since they'll no longer be needed. That's the great thing about the modular system. I'm not buying things I don't want/need. The Mindstream will make a couple of things on my system redundant, like pH and temp, but I'll probably still use them because they're at a glance on the Apex head unit.

And if my drama is so overwhelming then why do you keep posting and bringing it up? Do you think that helps the topic at all? No you just want to argue. Again, contribute to the topic.

bower23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/13/2015, 05:27 PM   #77
Coelli
Registered Member

I'm not the one who keeps complaining about being victimized. You even complained about it on the other forum you just posted this idea on again (where you also said the reasons people gave here for preferring the modular system were "weak"). I also posted above some more points about why the modular system works for me, but you are so focused on being a victim you have nothing to say about how your AIO controller might work with a product like the Mindstream, even though you keep saying you want a discussion.

Btw, CoralVue just announed a controller for the Gyre that will interface with the Apex. I'm stoked and will buy one for sure!

65g mixed reef, 30g display fuge, 20L sump/pod fuge, ATI 4x24 + 2 Kessil A360NEs, Aquamaxx EM100, Gyre 130
Coelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/13/2015, 05:34 PM   #78
chadfarmer
Premium Member

ghl since 08 still running

Current Tank Info: 200 Gal RR,ATB medium, 4 AI blue sol,230 LBS LIVE ROCK, no sand , 40 GAL sump, airstar1800, 3 tunze 6105 1- 6205 1-6305, Geo 818, profilux3ex with toys
chadfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/13/2015, 06:08 PM   #79
postie1686
Registered Member

https://www.raspberrypi.org

Start building ive seen it done!

postie1686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/13/2015, 06:25 PM   #80
bower23
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coelli View Post
I'm not the one who keeps complaining about being victimized. You even complained about it on the other forum you just posted this idea on again (where you also said the reasons people gave here for preferring the modular system were "weak"). I also posted above some more points about why the modular system works for me, but you are so focused on being a victim you have nothing to say about how your AIO controller might work with a product like the Mindstream, even though you keep saying you want a discussion.

Btw, CoralVue just announed a controller for the Gyre that will interface with the Apex. I'm stoked and will buy one for sure!
Sorry but I can't comment on the AIO and CoralVue items as I don't know anything about that. Haven't had time to look it up. And yes I believe the reasons why not are weak. That is my opinion and my thread. I'm not going to change my opinion just because you don't like it. And I'm not a 'victim' I'm simply saying stay on topic or stop posting. You've made your point. You wouldn't buy it. Thanks for your opinion.

bower23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/13/2015, 06:50 PM   #81
Coelli
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bower23 View Post
You've made your point. You wouldn't buy it. Thanks for your opinion.
You're welcome!

65g mixed reef, 30g display fuge, 20L sump/pod fuge, ATI 4x24 + 2 Kessil A360NEs, Aquamaxx EM100, Gyre 130
Coelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/14/2015, 05:14 PM   #82
tkeracer619
Registered Member

Aquarium controllers are like pro audio equipment for audiophiles. They work for our purposes just fine but they are for the most part pretty low end hardware.

I'd love for ecotech to make a controller and if they did I would hope for better relay boxes and redundant control systems. Of course this would likely cost a fortune and take years to develop. I'd buy one if they turned the controller market on its head.

tkeracer619 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apex, controller, ecotech, neptune, reefkeeper