Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Neptune Systems
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/08/2016, 01:29 PM   #1
stingman
Registered Member

Apex jr ?

I have an apex gold system that is in need or replacement i have all the modules for ato breakout box wxm eb8 leak detector ect id like to replace it with a apex jr because i cant afford the bigger system my question is can i use all the modules and the eb8 with an apex jr? Can i run 2 pm1 modules on it so i can run ph and orp probes as well as the salinity probe with a pm2 neptune doesnt apear to have much published information in this regard what is the difference between the 2 systems. My base unit and my display are bad and replacing them will cost 400 which i just cant swing right now the jr is 239 which i can do if i cant run all the modules id rather just wait until i save a few more bucks i could use the jr after i get the parts in a few weeks on another tank

Current Tank Info: 110 GALLONS OF SALT WATER
stingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/08/2016, 01:38 PM   #2
scuzy
Registered Member

I think the junior is limited in amount of modules it can use. I think you could get a replacement base unit for 200+ from Neptune. The you really don't need the display if you can setup the ip and do everything via the web.

scuzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/08/2016, 08:43 PM   #3
Member No. 1
Ver. 2.1

There are tons of good used ones around.
This last storm on Friday I lost power, hooked up generator, long story short I fried a EB8, PM1, PM2, WXM, Display.
Found local, full Apex with EB8, display, base, temp, pH, and ORP probes. It's less than a year old. $250. So now I have a spare base.
The other modules are on order.

Current Tank Info: In the process - http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2661614
Member No. 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/09/2016, 11:57 AM   #4
sith8888
Registered Member

The apex jr is limited to six total modules (display counts as one) but all the items work together. I bought a used Apex a couple weeks ago with 2 EB8 for $300 so the used ones are around if you want to stick to the full Apex. I've never bought from Neptune but if you can replace for $200 for the base unit I think it is the way to go.

I had a Jr. on my reef tank but wanted the additional outlets so I bought used and moved the Jr. to my freshwater tank.

sith8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/09/2016, 12:56 PM   #5
scuzy
Registered Member

I got a extra apex full base module from them when my base unit needed to be sent in for repairs on the temp probe. It was around 200.

scuzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/09/2016, 03:12 PM   #6
stingman
Registered Member

Base unit is $275 screen is $124 im going to buy the jr and use it for a couple weeks i guess all i really need is the ph controller for now anyway

Current Tank Info: 110 GALLONS OF SALT WATER
stingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/09/2016, 03:14 PM   #7
jonmos75
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sith8888 View Post
The apex jr is limited to six total modules (display counts as one)
This has changed as the Apex Jr can handle 7 modules and the Display does not count as one anymore

jonmos75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apex, controller, neptune