Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/12/2017, 07:49 AM   #1
Redland
Registered Member

VarioS intermittently turning off

I have a Reef Octopus VarioS-8 return pump and for about a week it will turn off for several minutes (my guess is 1-3 minutes though sometimes I have not seen exactly when it turns off) then spontaneously turn back on. The 15 and 0 minute "feed mode" lights turn on when the pump is off, but it is not off for the entire "feed mode". I am not using the float valve for the pump. The pump is controlled by Apex through the 0-10V port and the controller to plugged directly into the wall. There are no reported connection issues with apex and the return pump is configured to always on (no fancy programming, programmed feed modes, variation in pump speed throughout the day). Any ideas for what is happening? I used the pump for several months without this issue.

Redland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/12/2017, 08:40 AM   #2
fcmatt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redland View Post
I have a Reef Octopus VarioS-8 return pump and for about a week it will turn off for several minutes (my guess is 1-3 minutes though sometimes I have not seen exactly when it turns off) then spontaneously turn back on. The 15 and 0 minute "feed mode" lights turn on when the pump is off, but it is not off for the entire "feed mode". I am not using the float valve for the pump. The pump is controlled by Apex through the 0-10V port and the controller to plugged directly into the wall. There are no reported connection issues with apex and the return pump is configured to always on (no fancy programming, programmed feed modes, variation in pump speed throughout the day). Any ideas for what is happening? I used the pump for several months without this issue.
This is the second post about this brand controller and pump in the last two days. Controller/pump just going "bad". Contact ?Coralvue? and open a ticket. No one seems to have an answer yet but the problem report of lights flashing on the controller are similar.

Here is the other post about it: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=2651018
You just need to know that skimmer comes with a VarioS-x pump and controller.

fcmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/12/2017, 03:41 PM   #3
mcgyvr
Registered Member

First thing I would do is get it off your Apex..
Cut down the variables..

Tags
apex, feed mode, neptune, reef octopus, varios