Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/29/2020, 01:07 PM   #1
snostorm
Registered Member

Reclaiming my Tank

My Biocube 32 is overrun with Mushrooms and I want to replace all my live rock. Its the only way to get rid of them all. I bought 20lbs of Caribsea Life rock shapes love the look. As this is dead with spored bacteria on the rock there will be no die off. My question is it possible to just do a straight swap?

snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/05/2020, 12:39 PM   #2
madadi
ReefOG

Option 1 is to take out old rock and throw it out once you are sure nothing is on it or in it you will miss. clean the sand in old tank water and put the sand in with the new rock and fresh saltwater mixed in with some old. Prepare for a full blown cycle possibly.

Option 2 do a water change and save the old water in a rubber bin with the new rock and let it sit there for at least a month or two. once the new rock is full of bacteria you can continue with option 1. Prepare for a somewhat less of a cycle. good luck

LETS TRADE YUMAS

Current Tank Info: Glass box.
madadi is offline   Reply With Quote