Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/19/2016, 12:15 PM   #1
radiata
Registered Member

Wavebox Conversion?

Hi Roger,

I tried emailing you two days ago, but it must have ended up in your spam folder.

Anyway, I had a 120g start leaking on me 2 weeks ago, and I probably won't be replacing it. I had been running a 6215 Wavebox on it for a few years.

Can the 6215's pump be converted to a Stream pump? The number on the pump is 6215 and the prop is blue. Could some magnetic pump holder and another controller be used to convert it? (If so, which ones? I also need a new screen for it.)

Thanks...
Bob

Current Tank Info: Multiple - 600+ Net Gallons
radiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/19/2016, 01:42 PM   #2
rvitko
RC Sponsor

Hi Bob,

My apologies, just in case you need it my email is Tunze at sbcglobal dot net and specifically to avoid this problem, I use no spam filter, I sort my email myself but I do periodically delete a good one by mistake or just lose one in the shuffle.

You would need to change the propeller to a 6105 propeller and add magnet holder 6105.515 and clamp 6065.650, it would then be a 6105. These parts would total about $80, it might be better to sell the wave box and instead purchase a pump. The controller would work just fine in pulse mode for a pump, the reason you need to change the prop is the 6215 is a 6105 with a 6155 prop, when run in wavemode it uses 30W because it rapidly pulses off and on, if you ran it long term it uses 52W and a 6105 power supply can only handle 50W continuous draw and will burn out, it is much cheaper to change the prop assembly then the power supply.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/19/2016, 02:48 PM   #3
radiata
Registered Member

Roger,

So, with a new prop/magnet/clamp it would run OK with my existing 6300.240 power supply?

I got the pump new from you a few years ago. The $80 for a 6105 wouldn't be a bad deal. I'll give your suggestion some thought (the specs on the Stream 3 are awesome).

Bob

Current Tank Info: Multiple - 600+ Net Gallons
radiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/22/2016, 09:00 AM   #4
rvitko
RC Sponsor

If you already have a 6300.240 power supply you don't have to change the prop, a wave box came standard with a 6105.240 power supply, the 6300.240 is 90W.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote