Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/18/2017, 07:56 AM   #3626
tbone28
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith@ ATI NA View Post
It is true that the original version of the LED PM from around 2013 did have some issues with LED flickering, but rest assured this problem has been fixed and has not been an issue for the newer versions of the fixture.
Any fix for those of us with the original fixture and still flickering?

tbone28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/18/2017, 10:55 AM   #3627
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert s b. View Post
When will we see a Wi-Fi module for the Hybrids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClownsRCoo View Post
Also are their plans to make a MAC version of your software if wi-fi or Bluetooth is not in the works?
Our primary role at ATI North America is distribution and support for our territory and the English language. Products are developed in Germany, there are certainly things in the works but I cannot say what features are or are not going to be available on future Powermodule releases. I am certain however, Germany has heard plenty of people with this recommendation. I am sure they would love to do so, just not sure if or when it will actually come to fruition.

Current Tank Info: 175g mixed powered by an ATI LED Powermodule
Keith@ ATI NA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/19/2017, 12:37 AM   #3628
alanedinburgh
Registered Member

hey
looking for some advice. I know this question is asked often but I am looking to get new bulbs for my ATI hybrid 8x54w and was looking for recommendations? lots of threads when i put it in google but no real answer that helps that doesn't involve reading through hundreds of posts.

many thanks

alanedinburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/19/2017, 04:55 AM   #3629
herbklee
Registered Member

Quote:
Also are their plans to make a MAC version of your software if wi-fi or Bluetooth is not in the works?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1

herbklee is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/19/2017, 02:49 PM   #3630
rtparty
Raise The Reef!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanedinburgh View Post
hey
looking for some advice. I know this question is asked often but I am looking to get new bulbs for my ATI hybrid 8x54w and was looking for recommendations? lots of threads when i put it in google but no real answer that helps that doesn't involve reading through hundreds of posts.

many thanks
Depends on what look you want and how you utilize the LEDs.

I'd start with 2 Actinic, 2 Coral or Purple Plus and 4 Blue Plus

Click on my user name and check out my homepage!

Current Tank Info: 50g Cadlights/Giesemann Spectra (250w Radium, 2 ATI Blue Plus, 2 ATI Actinic)/2 x Vortech MP10wQD/Skimz SN123/Eheim Compact 3000+
rtparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/20/2017, 01:52 AM   #3631
theshaman
Registered Member

Keith@ATI NA,

What is your light schedule like? And also what bulbs are you using?

theshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/23/2017, 04:45 PM   #3632
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshaman View Post
Keith@ATI NA,

What is your light schedule like? And also what bulbs are you using?
I like a "white" tank compared to most peoples taste. I have:
3 blue plus
2 aquablue special
1 true actinic
1 purple plus
1 coral plus

It won't let me attach an XML file, so a photo is attached!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (52.2 KB, 114 views)

Unread 05/23/2017, 05:02 PM   #3633
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

If anyone would like the actual file, please email us from the link in my signature.

Unread 05/24/2017, 12:06 AM   #3634
theshaman
Registered Member

Thanks Keith@ATI NA!

That seems like a really intense light profile.
I had my leds at 100% and started getting lots of algae.
I only have them at 30% now.

theshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/24/2017, 02:45 AM   #3635
mike810
Registered Member

Quote:
I like a "white" tank compared to most peoples taste. I have:
3 blue plus
2 aquablue special
1 true actinic
1 purple plus
1 coral plus

It won't let me attach an XML file, so a photo is attached!
I see you do not ramp your T5 bulbs, do you do this because it decreases the bulbs life?

mike810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/24/2017, 10:39 AM   #3636
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshaman View Post
Thanks Keith@ATI NA!

That seems like a really intense light profile.
I had my leds at 100% and started getting lots of algae.
I only have them at 30% now.
It is a very intense light profile. I have always been a fan of tons of light. When I had a retail store I ran dual 1000w radium halides with dual 110w VHO Actinic over my 8" deep frag system. SPS loved it, especially maricultured stuff coming from sunshine.

IMO corals can handle a lot more light than people give them credit, so long as they are acclimated to the intensity. I spent a month in Vanuatu diving with a fish collector and there was SPS above water frequently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike810 View Post
I see you do not ramp your T5 bulbs, do you do this because it decreases the bulbs life?
I am not sure what you are seeing, they are absolutely ramping up and down (the graph is sloped, not straight up and down). They are however at full intensity during peak day.

I absolutely do not believe dimming decreases bulb life with one huge caveat: you absolutely MUST season the bulbs at 100% for 50 hours prior to dimming or you will burn them up very quickly. I think this is where the thought of decreased lifespan originated, too many people doing it wrong and chewing up bulbs quickly.

I have an ATI ballast and a couple pairs of waterproof end caps in my garage where I plug in new bulbs for 2 days each pair. Once all 8 are seasoned I swap them out and lift the light 6-8", then lower an inch or two every week or two.

Unread 05/25/2017, 02:39 AM   #3637
mike810
Registered Member

Sorry, I am somehow missed that. Thank you for the advice regarding burning the bulbs for 50 hours before ramping them. I will have to do that next time I swap bulbs. I will now look into ramping my T5 bulbs once my tank is setup.

mike810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/25/2017, 10:15 AM   #3638
tbone28
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post
Any fix for those of us with the original fixture and still flickering?
Keith@ATI, following up on my question

Unread 05/25/2017, 10:43 AM   #3639
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post
Keith@ATI, following up on my question
Sorry for the delay addressing it. We (ATI North America) have been discussing the flickering with the engineers in Germany. We have an option that will fix the problem we are still working out the logistics on how to execute it. Long story short the KSQ is a circuit board above each of your LED clusters. This will need reprogrammed with a circuit board programmer.
This is the process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axcKMWTnPK8
(not sure RC will allow me to post a link, if RC blocks the URL, go to you tube and search for "ATI LED Powermodule - How to Update Firmware")

If you wish to contact us offline via email, PM, phone etc we can discuss how we can get your KSQ's updated.

If anyone else has original Powermodules with flickering please contact us!

Unread 05/25/2017, 11:22 AM   #3640
tbone28
Registered Member

Quote:
Sorry for the delay addressing it. We (ATI North America) have been discussing the flickering with the engineers in Germany. We have an option that will fix the problem we are still working out the logistics on how to execute it. Long story short the KSQ is a circuit board above each of your LED clusters. This will need reprogrammed with a circuit board programmer.
This is the process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axcKMWTnPK8
(not sure RC will allow me to post a link, if RC blocks the URL, go to you tube and search for "ATI LED Powermodule - How to Update Firmware")

If you wish to contact us offline via email, PM, phone etc we can discuss how we can get your KSQ's updated.

If anyone else has original Powermodules with flickering please contact us!
Thanks Keith. I'll give this a try

Unread 05/25/2017, 02:45 PM   #3641
Editour2
Frank

Keith @ATI: regarding the 8x80watt powermodule hybrids....why are the 80 watt units the only T5's that are not dimmable? I am aware that the 80 watt version is dimmable in Europe. Also, can you customize the LED spectrum on the clusters? I see no reason for the cool white LEDs and would like more LEDs in the 400 to 420nm range. What specifically is the breakdown of the LED color spectrum in each cluster (in the US models)?

Current Tank Info: 215 gal DT, 125 gal sump, 40 gal refugium w/ATS, 20 gal frag tank, reeflo orca skimmer, Knop HD calc reac w/2nd chamber, BRS dual reac, dart rtn pump, 2x tunze 6105's on seasweeps, 2x jebao PP20's, 30gal QT, LED/T5 Ltg, 1/2 hp aqualogic chiller.

Last edited by Editour2; 05/25/2017 at 03:06 PM.
Editour2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/25/2017, 04:23 PM   #3642
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Editour2 View Post
Keith @ATI: regarding the 8x80watt powermodule hybrids....why are the 80 watt units the only T5's that are not dimmable? I am aware that the 80 watt version is dimmable in Europe. Also, can you customize the LED spectrum on the clusters? I see no reason for the cool white LEDs and would like more LEDs in the 400 to 420nm range. What specifically is the breakdown of the LED color spectrum in each cluster (in the US models)?
There are no 110v ballast that are reasonably priced to offer a 80w dimmable in North America. If you wish to purchase a dimmable from Europe and a 240v power inverter, you could always do that

Yes you can absolutely change and program the LEDs on the Powermodule. I'd recommend you visit our website and download the ATI Light Studio Software and play with it a little. You'll get an idea of how flexible it is!

Unread 05/26/2017, 05:11 PM   #3643
atorres53
Registered Member

Can the T5s on the 60 inch 8 x 80 wts T5s, 4 x 75 wts LED Powermodule be programed to ramp up and down?
Thanks,
Angel

atorres53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/28/2017, 03:28 AM   #3644
reefid
Registered Member

I have seen ati 8x80 hybrid in sewatec new version. Anyone differences from previous version ?

reefid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/29/2017, 04:18 PM   #3645
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

Is there a longer USB cord available to be able to program the unit? Can we purchase one aftermarket?

Unread 05/30/2017, 09:23 AM   #3646
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atorres53 View Post
Can the T5s on the 60 inch 8 x 80 wts T5s, 4 x 75 wts LED Powermodule be programed to ramp up and down?
Thanks,
Angel

Hello Angel, the 80w T5's are only dimmable in areas with 240v power. If you are in North America they cannot be ramped up and down, however they can be turned on and off using the built in controller.

Quote:
Is there a longer USB cord available to be able to program the unit? Can we purchase one aftermarket?
The USB Dongle that is included with your Powermodule is very specific. There is more too it than just the type of connector on each end. In fact we have 3 different versions of the cord depending on your version fixture, the the cable will prompt your computer to load a driver. With that said, you can certainly buy a USB extension cable to extend it.

Unread 05/30/2017, 09:25 AM   #3647
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

Thanks that's what I'll end up doing

Unread 07/09/2017, 06:00 AM   #3648
Husterix
Registered Member

I have a 8 x 39 w T5, 2 x 75W LED module I can use from a friend for a couple of weeks.

Problem is that if I hook the lamp up to my computer, the software doesn't let me load or save from the lamp. The only option that is available is to update firmware.

Anyone knows how I can fix this so I can program the light to my needs?

Husterix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/10/2017, 09:48 AM   #3649
liquidfunk
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husterix View Post
I have a 8 x 39 w T5, 2 x 75W LED module I can use from a friend for a couple of weeks.

Problem is that if I hook the lamp up to my computer, the software doesn't let me load or save from the lamp. The only option that is available is to update firmware.

Anyone knows how I can fix this so I can program the light to my needs?
Hello Husterix, I have not heard of this particular issue, but it sounds like you likely have the wrong program for your fixture. Meaning you have a 4 cluster program selected, and a 3 cluster fixture. Does the number of LED spots in the bottom box match the number of spots in your fixture? Depending on which version LED Powermodule you have, it may require an update as well. I would need a photo of your LED Cluster turned down to 1% to tell which version fixture you have.

Unread 07/26/2017, 01:44 PM   #3650
adtravels
you cant buy blue fingers

I have white 4x39t5 and 2x75 watt new version pm on order from sewatec in Germany.
They also have black and silver and 6 bulb hybrid PMs for sale interestingly.
Hopefully some of the problems have been ironed out.

Shipping and tax is going to pump me but there is no seller here in Thailand.

False facts are highly injurious to the progress of science, for they often endure long; but false views supported by some evidence, do little harm, for every one takes a salutary pleasure in proving their falseness.

Current Tank Info: 90 gallon 36x24x24 reef
adtravels is offline   Reply With Quote