Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Tank Journals & Builds
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/30/2019, 02:42 AM   #1
Koestby86
Registered Member

Norwegian Reefer 170

Hi folks..

So after a few years outta the game, Im gonna jump back in and get the Reefer 170. With everything else going on in life I kinda like that size.

Ok, Reefer 170..

The lights will be Kessil 360we Tuna blue, spectral controller.

Going with real reef rock this time, about 15kg/33lbs
Not sure what scape Im thinking but island type, or some arch type style.. I like less is more, and clean.

For the skimmer, thinking about trying out a Reef Octopus one, but I gotta read some more to find a suitable fit to the sump and tank.

Going with a DC returnpump, what brand im getting is not decided yet. Got any good suggestions, chime in and let me know. Maybe VarioS-2.

For circulation in the tank, gonna try the Tunze Nanostream 6040, Iīve used Vortechs and gyrepumps in the past.. this I have never tried.

Whatīs going in the tank u might ask ?

Itīs gonna be a mixed reef with mostly LPS, and some few sticks here and there. Nothing planned yet, just gotta see what the LFSīs here in Norway got to offer.

Since I got a limited amount of space, for fish Im thinking, a pair of clowns. A blenny or Goby(symbiose with a shrimp ?) Gotta get some dartfish, they are awesome. Had a Fridmani in my last setup and they too are a beautiful fish...., maybe i should try get a Springerii this time. Options are a lot, time will show.
Max will be 4-5 fish. Decent amount of CUC and some hermits/crabs

This is a project that will evolve trough the summer, and nothing Im gonna stress with, need something to put my time into when winter arrives.

Im gonna get some more coffee, so have a gd one!

Koestby86 is offline   Reply With Quote