Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Aquaforest
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/25/2018, 09:18 PM   #1
cflow
Registered Member

Dealing with some cyano

I've been running my 32 gallon for about 5 months. I started the tank with about 1.5L siporax that i had from a previous tank and used pro bio F for the first month or so until my nutrients became acceptable, then slowly tapered down. I attempted a small refugium to cut back on carbon /bacterial dosing and my nutrients were low but I realized the chaeto was slowly dissapearing and probably wasn't even effective anyway. I decided to add some gfo and remove the refugium altogether. In addition, I wanted to bring my NO3 from about 5 to ~0 so I started dosing pro bio f again. After about a week my nitrates came down to about .05 (salifert ) but I started developing cyano. Thick mounds of cyano took over so i stopped the pro bio f, did a deep cleaning of my sump, and all equipment, and did a 15% water change. The cyano is less but it's still lingering. Obviously there is an imbalance with bacteria/food source and bacteria. I picked up some np pro, pro bio s, and build to get a more comprehensive and stable regimen. Any suggestions on dealing with cyano. I've run zeovit before and coral snow + bak seemed to do the trick. Is build a similar product? My power heads usually dont allow cyano, but it out of control.

cflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/27/2018, 07:29 AM   #2
Aquaforest
RC Sponsor

Hello,
Cyano on start is normal because of inbalance with nutrients. Let this aquarium maturing - dose bacteria and culture medium and you could see balance and stability.

Aquaforest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/27/2018, 02:37 PM   #3
cflow
Registered Member

So dose np pro, pro bio s daily, and hold any vitality, and energy until cyano gone?

cflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/02/2018, 02:05 AM   #4
Aquaforest
RC Sponsor

Sounds great.

Aquaforest is offline   Reply With Quote