Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/21/2020, 09:28 PM   #1
tgr26
Registered Member

Upgrading Lights

I have a 36 gallon bowfront tank that I want to upgrade. I currently have the Current Marine IC Pro lights (I know). I had decided on them after doing a bunch of research this spring. They were in my price range, and PAR ratings looked okay for softies and LPS.

I had been in the hobby about 10-15 years ago, and came back into the hobby knowing very little about LEDs. It had all been metal halides back then.

I'm unhappy with the Current lights. My corals are growing well, but the light is too white (even when I knock the settings down). There also is minimal shimmer.

That being said, I'm made the expensive mistake and just should have started right from the start.

I'm eyeing the Kessils. Do I need two A360s for my size tank? Are there other lights I should be considering?

Part of me just wants to go back to metal halide, the other part realizes I need to step into the present.

tgr26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/22/2020, 10:23 AM   #2
Vinny Kreyling
Registered Member

I think 1 would be sufficient. You can double check by looking @ the light spread sheet.

Unread 09/30/2020, 05:32 PM   #3
ausndani
Registered Member

I love Led's they dont run to hot like halide

ausndani is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/02/2020, 09:39 AM   #4
Opus123
Registered Member

Personally I would think about going T5/LED hybrid route such as Noopsyche. If you can wait until black friday, there will probably be some good sales. Also take a look at reefbreeder. I'm using their photon with 2 led bars over my 75 and like it.

Opus123 is offline   Reply With Quote