Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/17/2008, 10:45 PM   #26
blackbear
Registered Member

what number did you guys call to get replacment fans? because the number that is posted above doesnt work for me...maybe cuz i live in canada??

blackbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/12/2008, 12:41 PM   #27
blackbear
Registered Member

ok just to let you guys know, i never got through with oceanic so i basically gave up, but now my fans stopped making noise....so it all worked out in the end i guess

Unread 03/12/2008, 04:49 PM   #28
mskohl
Registered Member

when I ordered my hood from nanotuners . com, they had some lower db fans that were an option. maybe you can order better replacement fans there.

Unread 04/04/2008, 02:32 PM   #29
blackbear
Registered Member

well im gettin a lighting upgrade so it comes with new fans, so i guess i dont have to worry about this anymore

Unread 07/30/2011, 01:29 PM   #30
Weplant4life
Registered Member

WE had the same problem with our bio cube 29...& what we did was take the sticker off the back of the fan and added 1-2 drops of olive oil in the hole and it was fix immiditly...Yayyyyy!!!!

Weplant4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/17/2018, 02:45 PM   #31
BioNub
Registered Member

Thumbs up I replaced my Fans

Hey guys, wow this is an Old Post but If anyone still cares, I've had my BioCube for about 6 months and the fan that came with it was SUPER loud. like a rattle or something, I went to the local Fry's store (or just about any other computer store) and bought a 50mm fan which was a HUGE improvement! makes my biocube sound more modern instead of like an old beat up car.

Basically when you take the light cover off you just unplug the old fan from the main board and cut the conector from the old fan and solder it to the new one, use shrink wrap to cover the connections and just plug it back in to the main board. and thats it!

Look at the noise level the fan makes before purchasing it, some are louder than others but definetly not nearly as loud as the stock biocube fan.

BioNub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/05/2018, 01:33 PM   #32
Vmazz
Registered Member

Mine does this all of the time, the protein skimmer vibrates against the lid and the fan shakes. I just hit the top a few times and it stops.

Vmazz is offline   Reply With Quote