Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/01/2011, 07:17 PM   #126
sweet ride
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterAdict View Post
Corals are looking better than ever! Glad everything worked out. Incredible tank! Scared me there for a sec..
Thanks SaltwaterAdict!!!! I got to admit a got lucky, I really don't want to do that again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg2269jg View Post
hey first off i just read all of this thread and your tank is incredible. i love everything about it, from the aquascape to the corals you have, great job. i see you got the tank from miracles i am in the process of finishing my basement and i was just talking to my fiance and was saying that when it is done i was going to get a peninsula from miracles and i hope you dont mind but your tank will definitly be my inspiration. keep up the great work thanks jeff
Thanks for the compliments Jeff!!!! am flattered that you think my tanks is an inspiration! Good luck with your build, cant wait to check out your build thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuska View Post
sweet tank
Thanks Zuska!!!

sweet ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/03/2011, 08:55 AM   #127
ctxmonitor
Registered Member

wow.... the corals has really pop and grown in a lot from May to Dec... Has there been any change in that period that had promoted such crazy growth???

ctxmonitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/03/2011, 01:18 PM   #128
Gills 619
Registered Member

WOW! your tank is awesome. You have the skills!

Gills 619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/05/2011, 01:08 AM   #129
sweet ride
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctxmonitor View Post
wow.... the corals has really pop and grown in a lot from May to Dec... Has there been any change in that period that had promoted such crazy growth???
There wasn't any change to the system done during the time period, guess it was just the growth spurt as well as stable parameters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gills 619 View Post
WOW! your tank is awesome. You have the skills!
Thanks for the compliments Gills 619!!!!

Unread 03/09/2011, 10:14 PM   #130
sweet ride
Registered Member

I had the camera out last time I did a water change and thought that I would TRY to snap some top down shots. All photos was taken with a standard 18 to 200mm lens.

Unread 03/10/2011, 06:20 AM   #131
deniz
Registered Member

wow. Your corals are rally amazing.

deniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/10/2011, 08:37 AM   #132
michael.lemke
Registered Member

Every time you update I get a little jealous! Great tank!

michael.lemke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/10/2011, 06:46 PM   #133
sweet ride
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deniz View Post
wow. Your corals are rally amazing.
Thanks deniz!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael.lemke View Post
Every time you update I get a little jealous! Great tank!
Thanks michael.lemke!!!!

Unread 03/11/2011, 07:46 AM   #134
sahin
Ultimate Reefer

Wow, an amazing array of colours! Very beautiful indeed!

sahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/11/2011, 03:14 PM   #135
sweet ride
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahin View Post
Wow, an amazing array of colours! Very beautiful indeed!

Thanks sahin!!!

Unread 03/11/2011, 04:21 PM   #136
sahin
Ultimate Reefer

Are you still using halides? Or did you switch to T5's? I see T5 lines...so a little confused.

sahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/11/2011, 08:21 PM   #137
sweet ride
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahin View Post
Are you still using halides? Or did you switch to T5's? I see T5 lines...so a little confused.
The primary lighting for the system is 2 x 250DE MH and I supplement it with 2 x 54W T5.

The last set of photos was taken with only the T5 lights on.

Unread 03/11/2011, 08:56 PM   #138
mmotown
Registered Member

NP Bio Pellets

How are the NP Bio Pellets working for you?

mmotown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/11/2011, 09:35 PM   #139
sweet ride
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmotown View Post
How are the NP Bio Pellets working for you?
The only quantifiable information that I can give you is that my phosphate and nitrate has always stayed at zero or not measurable. The rest of them are just assumption, as in the coral color seems to be okay and am able to keep allot more fish that recommended mind you this is also in conjunction with the rest of the equipment ie. am using a Euro Reef RS180 and a 110 gallon tank, am also using GAC/GFO in the system. As with most people that used bio pellets they are also experiencing traces of red slime due to lack of nutrient in the system.

Long story short I think it's working, am happy with it and have no plans of removing it anytime in the future!

Unread 03/24/2011, 11:06 PM   #140
Spun1_2
Registered Member

Got to post on this tank for my first. Outstanding enviorment you have created. Seeing what you have done makes many of us spend lots of cash and reading the internet till the wee hours.

Thanks for all the lovely pictures just pure beauty.

Spun1_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/25/2011, 07:33 AM   #141
zaheda
Registered Member

I have finally got myself an Aquamedic Aquasunlight 2x250w, 4x54t5 unit. The 250w is Aquamedic bulbs and the t5 Giesemann. Im hoping to get colour like yours thats my aim. I want to try the NP pellets too. What kind reacter are you running the NP pellets and the pump used? Also what brand NP pellets do you use? Your tank one of my all time favourites, keep up the good work man.

zaheda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/28/2011, 09:22 PM   #142
sweet ride
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spun1_2 View Post
Got to post on this tank for my first. Outstanding enviorment you have created. Seeing what you have done makes many of us spend lots of cash and reading the internet till the wee hours.

Thanks for all the lovely pictures just pure beauty.
Fist of let me say welcome to RC! Thank you for the compliments! Thats one way of putting it, but I got to tell you I definitely did not spend as much as most people have expected, because it took so long to put this system together I was able to wait for deals and bargains on above average equipments and livestocks, as per reading till wee hours, trust me it will never stop as I still do it! anyways welcome again and have fun reefing!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaheda View Post
I have finally got myself an Aquamedic Aquasunlight 2x250w, 4x54t5 unit. The 250w is Aquamedic bulbs and the t5 Giesemann. Im hoping to get colour like yours thats my aim. I want to try the NP pellets too. What kind reacter are you running the NP pellets and the pump used? Also what brand NP pellets do you use? Your tank one of my all time favourites, keep up the good work man.
As always thanks for the compliments and am glad I can inspire other reefer!!! If your aiming to the same color results as I have your almost there with your lighting, now you just have to remember to keep the parameters stable and am sure your coral color would be twice as nice as what I have achieved. As per the Bio Pellets, if am not mistaken the actual brand is NP Biopellets Filter Media, I have it in a TLF Reactor with Maxi-Jet 1200.

Unread 03/28/2011, 09:46 PM   #143
deeznutz1
Registered Member

Sorry guys, but it looks like I'll have the pleasure of seeing this tank in person this summer I can't wait! Ian, you've done such a good job and your camera skillz are off the hook

-dan

Current Tank Info: 150 peninsula SPS dominated
deeznutz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/29/2011, 02:03 AM   #144
zaheda
Registered Member

Right know Im battling with a cyno which doesnt want to just go away. This is going for 4 months and know think I have lost my touch with reef keeping. Well Im going to give some time see what happens if it will ever dissapear that bad cyno.

zaheda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/29/2011, 05:48 AM   #145
powder blue
Registered Member

Incredible colors and well done job. I'll be follower of your topic my friend. Good camera and shoots by the way.

powder blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/30/2011, 09:11 AM   #146
joseperezred
Registered Member

Wow nice set up looking at you corals and how beautiful your tank looks is really making me up grade to a bigger tank.. Love the pictures keep them coming.

joseperezred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/30/2011, 03:03 PM   #147
subpotentjoe
Registered Member

Amazing tank! Great looking corals!

subpotentjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/30/2011, 04:57 PM   #148
rhwimmers
Premium Member

Very nice - would love to see some "behind the scenes" pics as I am planning a peninsula and want to see how you hid most of your gear! Did you have issues getting enough flow in the peninsula?

rhwimmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/30/2011, 10:06 PM   #149
sweet ride
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeznutz1 View Post
Sorry guys, but it looks like I'll have the pleasure of seeing this tank in person this summer I can't wait! Ian, you've done such a good job and your camera skillz are off the hook

-dan
Thanks for the kind words Dan!!! Ya just let me know when you want to stop in and checkout the system!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaheda View Post
Right know Im battling with a cyno which doesnt want to just go away. This is going for 4 months and know think I have lost my touch with reef keeping. Well Im going to give some time see what happens if it will ever dissapear that bad cyno.
Good luck with your battle, yes just give it some more time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powder blue View Post
Incredible colors and well done job. I'll be follower of your topic my friend. Good camera and shoots by the way.
Thanks for the compliments powder blue!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseperezred View Post
Wow nice set up looking at you corals and how beautiful your tank looks is really making me up grade to a bigger tank.. Love the pictures keep them coming.
Thanks for the compliments joseperezred!!! did you say upgrade to a bigger tank! me too I wouldn't mind upgrading as well!!! I got to admit its one of the best part of reefing the planning stage of a new system side by side with watching your frags grow to mini colony and coloring up like you just never expected!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by subpotentjoe View Post
Amazing tank! Great looking corals!
Thanks for the compliments subpotentjoe!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhwimmers View Post
Very nice - would love to see some "behind the scenes" pics as I am planning a peninsula and want to see how you hid most of your gear! Did you have issues getting enough flow in the peninsula?
Thanks for the compliments rhwimmers!!! one thing that I can advise you regarding flow is don't plan for your flow when your just starting, but plan for it when your corals does grow out. The reason for this comment is base on my learning is as I thought I had more that enough flow in the beginning but as th corals grow I find my self adding extra powerhead in the far end of the tank. your other options and I know it works great for peninsula style tank is close loop system.

Unread 03/30/2011, 10:38 PM   #150
phenom5
Unregistered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet ride View Post
coral color seems to be okay
You're being too modest dude. Colors look fantastic.

Very nice tank.

Current Tank Info: DSA 155 Pro | ATI Sunpower | ATB 840 v2 | Apex | Wav
phenom5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquascaping, corals, peninsula, reef, sps