Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > The Reef Chemistry Forum
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/04/2012, 10:51 PM   #76
Ralph ATL
Formerly mysterybox

Quote:
Originally Posted by klepto View Post
Check out Seachem's Aquavitro "Salinity" salt.
While it does produce quite a bit of precipitate, I have been very happy with the numbers and how stable my tank's parameters have been using this salt. It is affordable and comes in a whopping 225 gallon container. I like the fact that they are printing batch specific parameter labels on each bucket. I know of a couple other successful mixed reef tanks in my area that have been using Salinity for a while now. The good reviews and price point caught my attention.

I used a full bucket of Red Sea's Coral Pro with mixed results. The 12.2dKH alkalinity levels were far too high for my liking. Something more towards the 9-10 dKH range (ie Salinity) is ideal for my situation. I doubt I will go back to Red Sea's salts. I don't have experience with the ESV, but hear lots of positive feedback.

I couldn't agree more! All parems including mag are spot on, and I only have to dose calcium and Alk as makeup....easy...

Unread 07/10/2012, 03:10 PM   #77
Mental1
Registered Member

Just an update. I have almost gone through 400 gallons of the ESV B-Ionic salt and I could not be happier. I also treated my whole system with prozipro which really put a hurting on some of my corals. I almost lost a few. Anyway, several water changes and lots of carbon later, my tanks are looking healthier than I have seen them in a very long time. This is the best salt I have ever used. I absolutely love it.

Current Tank Info: 400g - 65g DT and 180g peninsula DT both drop into basement. 5 tanks plus a QT in the basement.
Mental1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/10/2012, 03:16 PM   #78
SteadyReefin
Registered Member

I have used the Red Sea Pro Salt for 2 years now and I have had amazing results. My corals were growing out of control. The DKH seems to die down a bit so the initial spike did not seem to bother the inhabitants. That is just my own personal experience. I actually met the guy from Israel who formulates it and he takes his job very seriously and the minerals are pulled from an area in the red sea that does not damage the environment.

SteadyReefin is offline   Reply With Quote