Macropharyngodon meleagris 78 33.05%
Macropharyngodon negrosensis 29 12.29%
Other 26 11.02%
Voters: 236. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Unread 03/29/2018, 12:13 PM   #3726
Cancun
Registered Member

Yea my melegris was tiny when we got him several months ago from my LFS...I was worried too but he adjusted really well....and is growing.....

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: Red Sea Reefer 750 XXL
Cancun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/29/2018, 12:15 PM   #3727
Cancun
Registered Member

Here is a pic of my little melegris....

Unread 03/31/2018, 10:40 AM   #3728
Cancun
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmorty217 View Post
I’m thinking about pulling the trigger on 3 meleagris
Hi! Did you ever get your Melegris??

Unread 04/07/2018, 10:40 PM   #3729
Cancun
Registered Member

Any new Leopards to share with us on here......my favorite Leopard in my tank is my Moyers leopard.....

Unread 04/08/2018, 05:50 AM   #3730
tenurepro
Registered Member

Leopard Wrasse Primer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancun View Post
Any new Leopards to share with us on here......my favorite Leopard in my tank is my Moyers leopard.....

My 3 month old Moyer had to go into temporary QT exile as he was picking on this little cutie

But now that the tamarin wrasse is settled, comfortable and eating prepared food, I’ll re introduce the Moyer to the display with an acclimation box...
Fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tenurepro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/07/2018, 05:08 PM   #3731
Cancun
Registered Member

Hi everyone! New pic of my potters Wrasse...just got him from my LFS....they have been trying to get me one since February!

Unread 06/07/2018, 05:11 PM   #3732
Cancun
Registered Member

Trying to add this pic...lol

Unread 06/21/2018, 12:12 AM   #3733
makers marc
Registered Member

Quote:
Trying to add this pic...lol

Any updates on your potters? Finally got email in stock notification from LiveAquaria for a large Potters. But for the first time, was able to checkout first ! Woohoo! Will check in on Fri

2xJebao wp25/Kessil Ap700/Kalk via Tunze ATO/GFO (6 tbsps every 2 wks); Carbon (6 tbsps per month)
makers marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/21/2018, 04:22 AM   #3734
OrionN
Moved on

I got 4 Potters from LA last Saturday too. The in-stock notification was at 6:24 AM. I was able to ordered 4 right away. They came Tuesday. I was waiting for a very long time for a Potter Leopard wrasse harem. 1 was DOA, and the other three were very stressed. I was able to get them into my QT system. I was thinking that the best I can hope for was 1 out of the three, but fortunately, they improved in my DT. Came home at noon today to check on them and this was what I found. All eating well and very active. I ordered 4 medium, but got two medium and two male but the largest of the 4 were DOA.
Good luck with yours tomorrow. I hope I will get luckly and able to keep the three I have in my QT system now. They are doing well but the time clock is still off. Last night the Male did not go to sleep in the sand as he should when the light was coming down. He got caught above the sand in total darkness and seem panicked. I have to turn the night light on for him. I check on him later and he was in the sand, not sure when he went to sleep. Hope he will do better tonight.

My male potter near death, or so I though Tuesday at noon

Here he is at 1PM Wednesday

One of the female at 1PM Wednesday. I did not get to see the third one come out of the sand.

The three of them 1PM Wednesday happy and eating, very active already.

My homepage is my album here at Reef Central

Current Tank Info: Reboot 320 anemones reef. Angels: Yellow Chest Regal(2), Flame (2). Copperband But. Tangs: Yellow, Purple. Wrasse: about 20 wrasses various species. Anemones: Giantea X4 (Breen, Blue, Purple and Multicolors), Haddoni X1 Red, Magnifica X1 Purpletip

Last edited by OrionN; 06/21/2018 at 04:33 AM.
OrionN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/21/2018, 12:56 PM   #3735
makers marc
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionN View Post
I got 4 Potters from LA last Saturday too. The in-stock notification was at 6:24 AM. I was able to ordered 4 right away. They came Tuesday. I was waiting for a very long time for a Potter Leopard wrasse harem. 1 was DOA, and the other three were very stressed. I was able to get them into my QT system. I was thinking that the best I can hope for was 1 out of the three, but fortunately, they improved in my DT. Came home at noon today to check on them and this was what I found. All eating well and very active. I ordered 4 medium, but got two medium and two male but the largest of the 4 were DOA.
Good luck with yours tomorrow. I hope I will get luckly and able to keep the three I have in my QT system now. They are doing well but the time clock is still off. Last night the Male did not go to sleep in the sand as he should when the light was coming down. He got caught above the sand in total darkness and seem panicked. I have to turn the night light on for him. I check on him later and he was in the sand, not sure when he went to sleep. Hope he will do better tonight.

My male potter near death, or so I though Tuesday at noon

Here he is at 1PM Wednesday

One of the female at 1PM Wednesday. I did not get to see the third one come out of the sand.

The three of them 1PM Wednesday happy and eating, very active already.
Wow you got 4! That's probably why I couldn't get any jk.

Good luck to you too. What was your SG in the shipping bag?

2xJebao wp25/Kessil Ap700/Kalk via Tunze ATO/GFO (6 tbsps every 2 wks); Carbon (6 tbsps per month)
Unread 06/21/2018, 01:48 PM   #3736
Cancun
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by makers marc View Post
Any updates on your potters? Finally got email in stock notification from LiveAquaria for a large Potters. But for the first time, was able to checkout first ! Woohoo! Will check in on Fri
Yep he is doing great!!! One of the first on up in the morning, and one of the last ones to go to bed....eats Mysis like a pig, and even grazes of my seaweed grazer! Congrats on your new Potters! I can't wait to see pics be and updates!!!

Unread 06/21/2018, 04:01 PM   #3737
OrionN
Moved on

Quote:
Wow you got 4! That's probably why I couldn't get any jk.

Good luck to you too. What was your SG in the shipping bag?
It was only 27 ppt. My QT system is 35 ppt

Current Tank Info: Reboot 320 anemones reef. Angels: Yellow Chest Regal(2), Flame (2). Copperband But. Tangs: Yellow, Purple. Wrasse: about 20 wrasses various species. Anemones: Giantea X4 (Breen, Blue, Purple and Multicolors), Haddoni X1 Red, Magnifica X1 Purpletip
Unread 06/21/2018, 06:03 PM   #3738
makers marc
Registered Member

Quote:
Yep he is doing great!!! One of the first on up in the morning, and one of the last ones to go to bed....eats Mysis like a pig, and even grazes of my seaweed grazer! Congrats on your new Potters! I can't wait to see pics be and updates!!!

Kinda concerned bc mine says large. Woulda preferred a medium but I'll take it.

Unread 06/21/2018, 07:44 PM   #3739
OrionN
Moved on

My 4 wrasse come in a medium box, each only about 1 quart of water, maybe a little more. The whole box only weight 10 lbs so the total amount of water cannot be much more than a gallon. My friend ordered a Flame wrasse, much smaller. Came with about the same size box with more than a gallon of water for the 1 wrasse.
I think if you just order one wrasse, he will come with enough water. I keep this in mind next time I order fish from LA.

Unread 06/21/2018, 07:58 PM   #3740
OrionN
Moved on

Recently got these Potter Leopard from LA. I ordered 4 but 1 was DOA. The three wrasse are doing well, active and eating well for the last several days. They are in my QT system which is a full reef, 40 gal breeder.

Unread 06/21/2018, 08:11 PM   #3741
makers marc
Registered Member

Quote:
My 4 wrasse come in a medium box, each only about 1 quart of water, maybe a little more. The whole box only weight 10 lbs so the total amount of water cannot be much more than a gallon. My friend ordered a Flame wrasse, much smaller. Came with about the same size box with more than a gallon of water for the 1 wrasse.
I think if you just order one wrasse, he will come with enough water. I keep this in mind next time I order fish from LA.
I meant I wanted a medium size, since ive read larger adults have a harder time acclimating to captivity

Unread 06/21/2018, 08:40 PM   #3742
OrionN
Moved on

My large Potter was eating up Mysis like no tomorrow this evening. I think he will be just fine. The two smaller one also eating well. I am not sure how I am going to get them out of my QT system. Maybe they will be trap out. I will start to leave the trap in the tank and will start to feed them in the trap. Hope this will help when the time come. I also will put a nice fine sand container in tuber ware in the tank. If any of them go to sleep there, they will wake up to a new environment.

Unread 06/22/2018, 12:42 PM   #3743
makers marc
Registered Member

Quote:
My large Potter was eating up Mysis like no tomorrow this evening. I think he will be just fine. The two smaller one also eating well. I am not sure how I am going to get them out of my QT system. Maybe they will be trap out. I will start to leave the trap in the tank and will start to feed them in the trap. Hope this will help when the time come. I also will put a nice fine sand container in tuber ware in the tank. If any of them go to sleep there, they will wake up to a new environment.
The eagle has landed.

For the first few minutes it laid on its side, but quickly stared swimming all over. Had to go back to work, but got the Nest cam watching!

Unread 06/22/2018, 09:29 PM   #3744
OrionN
Moved on

They were doing great, no evidence of any problem so I tried to get them to my DT. The 3 Potter really overload my QT system and they all cleaned up all my pods. I have total of 7 wrasses in a 40 gal QT. One large Potter, two medium Potter and two small China, one small Melanurus, and one small Biocellatus. I just got to get some wrasse out to DT.
They all went to hind in the sand. I saw where 1 of the China, one Female Potter and the Male Potter go into the sand so I caught them. By the time I got the three fish, the water was cloudy enough to go search blind for the rest so I have to stop. I will have to get them another day. At least I got three wrasse our of the 7 in QT.

Here are pictures of the the two Potter I got into DT this afternoon

Unread 06/22/2018, 09:41 PM   #3745
Cancun
Registered Member

Quote:
I meant I wanted a medium size, since ive read larger adults have a harder time acclimating to captivity
You have a good point....mine I would say was a med....about 3 inches...I was happy with the size...my LFS was worried it was bigger than I wanted, but I liked the size...sometimes really small ones or larger don't acclimate as well. I have never ordered online....so if you ask for a med they send you whatever size they have?

Unread 06/22/2018, 09:42 PM   #3746
Cancun
Registered Member

Quote:
The eagle has landed.

For the first few minutes it laid on its side, but quickly stared swimming all over. Had to go back to work, but got the Nest cam watching!
Wow! Looks great.... actually a good size. Nice looking too!!!!

Unread 06/22/2018, 09:43 PM   #3747
makers marc
Registered Member

Quote:
You have a good point....mine I would say was a med....about 3 inches...I was happy with the size...my LFS was worried it was bigger than I wanted, but I liked the size...sometimes really small ones or larger don't acclimate as well. I have never ordered online....so if you ask for a med they send you whatever size they have?

No. Live aquaria only lets you order what is available. I knew I got a large, it's all they had.

Unread 06/22/2018, 09:50 PM   #3748
OrionN
Moved on

I would not worry to much. My large one, 1/2 dead when he arrived Tuesday really gorged himself the last 3 days. Eating really well

Unread 06/22/2018, 10:21 PM   #3749
Cancun
Registered Member

Quote:
No. Live aquaria only lets you order what is available. I knew I got a large, it's all they had.
Oh I gotcha!!! He a nice looking Potters! How is he doing so far?

Unread 06/22/2018, 10:22 PM   #3750
Cancun
Registered Member

Quote:
I would not worry to much. My large one, 1/2 dead when he arrived Tuesday really gorged himself the last 3 days. Eating really well
I agree! I think it is great he made a come back!!!