Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/19/2018, 09:17 PM   #1
CasuallyTJ
Registered Member

AquaC EV-240

Does anyone have spare injectors for this skimmer? Or know where I could find one?? I just bought one and broke the injector.... The company literally went out of business last month

CasuallyTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/19/2018, 10:25 PM   #2
Pablos RSM 450
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasuallyTJ View Post
Does anyone have spare injectors for this skimmer? Or know where I could find one?? I just bought one and broke the injector.... The company literally went out of business last month
If you did not completely shatter it you should be able to superglue it. I remember seeing a video on youtube a while back on a diy injector nozzle. I actually went to their warehouse in San Diego last year to get a nozzle and it seemed the owner disnt care about his business as the phone rang non stop and he had told the employee to not answer. The place was full of skimmers and parts. Very good skimmer just terrible customer service.

Current Tank Info: Red Sea Reefer 450
Pablos RSM 450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/20/2018, 08:24 AM   #3
CasuallyTJ
Registered Member

Yeah I could probably repair it enough that it will work just fine. I'm hoping to figure out how to make them since this seems like a really simple skimmer design to replicate.

Any idea what the youtube video was? Was is for this kind of skimmer?

I see so many people saying that they had great customer service... wonder what happened? I was trying to get ahold of them and finally searched the business records to find that it was dissolved last month.

CasuallyTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/20/2018, 11:41 AM   #4
Pablos RSM 450
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasuallyTJ View Post
Yeah I could probably repair it enough that it will work just fine. I'm hoping to figure out how to make them since this seems like a really simple skimmer design to replicate.

Any idea what the youtube video was? Was is for this kind of skimmer?

I see so many people saying that they had great customer service... wonder what happened? I was trying to get ahold of them and finally searched the business records to find that it was dissolved last month.
Just look through the aquac ev. I broke mine and super glued it. Luckily i was able to buy a spare. I would look for some plastic that could be press fit heated up and molded.

Current Tank Info: Red Sea Reefer 450
Pablos RSM 450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/20/2018, 12:42 PM   #5
smatter
Registered Member

Too bad. They had a good twenty year run. People want whatever the latest contraption contrived is. Equipment that just works and hasn't changed or come out with a new model every year seem to always suffer this fate.

smatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/20/2018, 12:28 PM   #6
TopDogFish
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smatter View Post
Too bad. They had a good twenty year run. People want whatever the latest contraption contrived is. Equipment that just works and hasn't changed or come out with a new model every year seem to always suffer this fate.
So true

TopDogFish is offline   Reply With Quote